Pizza

jupie

Hey now, back home I love a good thick, greasy Detroit Style deep-dish, but will swear that the ship's crispy thin crust pizza is delicious! :cool:

:D I won't tell. I used to love a deep dish pizza, but my taste buds have changed, I guess, in my later years. I just can't deal with that much bread anymore. Love the thin, chewy in places, crispy in places Carnival pizza. I even enjoy those charred bubbles you occasionally get. Rustic, I think is a good word to describe their crust... oh, and delicious.

:D I won't tell. I used to love a deep dish pizza, but my taste buds have changed, I guess, in my later years. I just can't deal with that much bread anymore. Love the thin, chewy in places, crispy in places Carnival pizza. I even enjoy those charred bubbles you occasionally get. Rustic, I think is a good word to describe their crust... oh, and delicious.

You are right about that. One slice of deep dish, though tasty, is more than enough, and far more than I "need." I think of a good deep dish as comfort food, and the ship's pizza as far more refreshing. Great, now I am craving some of that crispy deliciousness, and I don't cruise again until August:cool:

When is the last time you saw one of those? I haven’t seen it in over 2 years since since they changed the menu. They called it pan. But yes the crust was the same.

Three weeks ago on the Inspiration.

The pizza in general is okay. New York pizza it is not. But as I have said before, food is subjective.

Three weeks ago on the Inspiration.

The pizza in general is okay. New York pizza it is not. But as I have said before, food is subjective.

Maybe fantasy class still has the old menu? The last time I saw it was on Elation. Sausage isn’t even a topping on Triumph, Freedom, or Breeze.

Maybe fantasy class still has the old menu? The last time I saw it was on Elation. Sausage isn’t even a topping on Triumph, Freedom, or Breeze.

They do. People here tell me I am wrong but a Sous Chef on the Inspiration told me the new pizza ovens can't fit in the space where the lido pizza station is on Fantasy class ships and they are stuck with the original menu and pizza ovens. I am the messenger.

You are right about that. One slice of deep dish, though tasty, is more than enough, and far more than I "need." I think of a good deep dish as comfort food, and the ship's pizza as far more refreshing. Great, now I am craving some of that crispy deliciousness, and I don't cruise again until August:cool:
I don't cruise until September. I'll be more than ready for some by then. Some of my best (at least most vivid) memories is sitting at the back of the ship, near Pizza Pirate, with my wife, around midnight - when the area is cool and sparsely populated - nibbling on a slice of four cheese or pepperoni. Good times for sure. :)