How many of you purchase the online gifts?

Gingee

Yes - the cruise lines put a stop to third party bon voyage gifts. I think it goes back to 9/11, so it was probably a security issue (plus they were losing a lot of revenue). There were a lot of companies in Port cities and florists that used to sell bonvoyage packages!

Edited by Truluv

Bought one of the anniversary packages last year, don't remember it being too expensive (just found my receipt, was $175 total, technically it was two packages Classic Romance and Anniversary Decor). We got decorations throughout the room that we got to take home which are sitting in a box, but it was a wonderful surprise for my husband on the cruise. We still use the photo frame and pillow cases we got. All the little things made it that much more special for us. I still remember the look on my husband's face when we got to the cabin and he saw, that alone made it worth it.

Definitely not something I'd do often, but I'm glad we did it, and I'd do it again for another special anniversary cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting my husband a Royal Caribbean hat. Thirteen dollars Whoopee LOL

A couple times (years ago) I got a bon voyage decoration package. Also some cookies for our girls (they stayed in another room).

A couple of times I ordered the champagne and strawberries as a gift to me. Then I figured out I could buy a bottle from the bar and it comes with glasses and an ice bucket. :D

I had no idea you could do that. What was the cost? I am guessing its not covered by any drink package. lol

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I think you men are so sweet to think about surprising your wives like this. I have always been the one to order surprises for the room for the kids, etc. Have not thought about how fun it would be if someone did that for me...until this thread........:p

Got flowers and the rose petals/champagne package last cruise. Kind of weird that you can't book this inside a reservation, just separate. Got an email confirming purchase on the first one, and an email saying credit card denied but didn't say which purchase. I assumed that since both cost the same and came in one right after the other the credit card company thought this strange. Just rebooked with a different card, but never got a confirmation on that one (although card was charged). Both items were great and flowers were still going strong after a week (if you add water). We usually get the anthurium and bird of paradise because roses tend to fade quickly.

I used this service only once......ordered a bag (some 3-4 years ago). The item delivered was not the one pictured......it was like a cheap recycle bag from a grocery. I brought this to their attention and was told to keep the bag and I would get a credit for my purchase. Smooth transaction. But is did discourage me from using the service again. ;)

I think you men are so sweet to think about surprising your wives like this. I have always been the one to order surprises for the room for the kids, etc. Have not thought about how fun it would be if someone did that for me...until this thread........:p

The look on my husband's face when we reached the door to our stateroom and he saw the anniversary decor. It was priceless. I'm normally horrible at keeping surprises but I'm very glad I bought the package and was able to keep it a surprise. The reveal was, quite literally, magical. I will probably do the birthday decor package on our cruise on the Harmony in January, though it might not be quite as magical as that first time.

Our trip on the Navigator a few weeks ago I ordered the birthday cake. The cruise was our birthday gifts to each other & I thought it would be a nice surprise. They gave us chocolate covered strawberries as well.

We ate the cake for breakfast a couple of days. It was good!

We normally get strawberries and champagne! Their strawberries are amazing!!

AZafficianado - give me more details about ordering a bottle of champagne from the bar!! Was it the same cost as the champagne from royal gifts?

I always have the suite decorated with fresh cut flowers and some sweet snacks throughout the week. I don't know anyone else on the ship, otherwise I would gift them something for sure.

Our children have purchased the champagne, flowers, cheese/fruit plate, and chocolate strawberries for us many times. The strawberries and cheese/fruit plate arrived right after we got to the cabin and the flowers and champagne were already there when we arrived. It's a nice gesture and we enjoy the champagne and food on our balcony as we sail away.

Order if you want to spend the extra money. If you don't then don't. We have treated each other with cake, cupcakes, flowers, wine and cheese, room decorations, anniversary packages etc. We still use our robes and we have frames around our house which remind us of our wonderful vacations together. We don't do it every time.

Bring a print out of what you order just in case it doesn't show up.

Everyone chooses how to spend their money. We don't gamble or visit the spa and our bar bill is small.

Personally I am always thrilled when my husband treats me!

We normally get strawberries and champagne! Their strawberries are amazing!!

AZafficianado - give me more details about ordering a bottle of champagne from the bar!! Was it the same cost as the champagne from royal gifts?

I think the cost onboard will be the same as what's available from Gifts & Gear. As for the cost, it will depend on the label you choose. There are less expensive and more expensive champagnes and sparkling wines. There's a wine list on every ship that includes several champagnes/sparkling wines, so that's what you would have to choose from if you buy a bottle at a bar. You can also order wines by the bottle in the MDR to drink in the MDR or take back to your cabin - also from the wine list. (They'll give you glasses/ice bucket in the MDR or bar if you're taking it to your cabin.)

DH and I usually order a favorite white wine from Gifts & Gear that we cannot buy in our state. The cost from G&G is the same as it is on the wine list aboard the ship. My assumption is that the same would hold true for champagne.

Judy