Disembarkation in San Pedro

dickinson

We will be getting off our cruise and need to get to LAX for a 12:30 flight. We will be using Super Shuttle. What time do we need to be off the ship? If I guess wrong (by picking an early time)will Super Shuttle still pick us up (they offer 4 different times)? How does it work for Super Shuttle in San Pedro?

Thanks

Just go to the Super Shuttle station right outside the terminal and put in your name. They will put you on the first available shuttle. You don't even need a reservation as there is no way to know ahead of time exactly what time you will disembark.

I don't know what cruise you're sailing however on a 3-day cruise on the Crown ending 1/9 the 1st walk off group was at 8:00 AM. Being a short cruise nearly everyone had walk off & they closely monitored it to minimize crowds. I was surprised that the last group was scheduled at 11:50 AM but we decided to get off the ship sooner to avoid another $12 parking fee. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just go to the Super Shuttle station right outside the terminal and put in your name. They will put you on the first available shuttle. You don't even need a reservation as there is no way to know ahead of time exactly what time you will disembark.

With any luck, this will work. I, however, have had nothing but trouble with Super Shuttle at San Pedro. It will be a madhouse, BTW, with people knocking each other over to get on the first shuttle out.

I've had better luck with PrimeTime Shuttle, but they're both basically the same. There's a kiosk on an "island" right in the middle of the driving lanes once you exit the port building. You'll see one for each company.

If you've prepaid online, they'll have your name on their list and if for some reason it's not on the list, make sure you bring your paid printed receipt to show them. They'll take people in multiple vans depending on where you're going.

It's usually not a direct trip right to LAX in my experience. We've stopped at homes in Hermosa Beach, Hawthorne, etc. Took a good 20 mins. more than driving straight there.

You can find rates at both companies' websites.

The fares for Super Shuttle and Prime Time have been $17 for quite some time. You may find a discount coupon somewhere, but I have never used one.

Super Shuttle normally separates people going to LAX from other destinations and when the first van for LAX fills up, it goes and another takes its place. They have enough traffic for this route that they can make direct runs. I suppose if you disembarked very late, you may get a van going to mixed destinations due to not having enough people to fill the van.

Thanks everyone. They are $17/person from the port to LAX but they are having a sale right now if you book online. You save 10% so for two people instead of $34 it is $30.60… a savings of $3.40.

Sounds like I don't need to book in advance unless I want to save the 10%.

If I do book I have to pick the time I want to be picked up… 9:20, 9:35, 9:50, or 10:05. That is why I asked if I picked the wrong time and showed up for the next time does it make a difference?

I will be using them for my Grand Princess cruise. After my Crown Princess cruise I have a cousin picking me up.

Pam… you just got off, what are the times for disembarking on that ship? My cousin prefers I pick a later time rather than earlier.

Thanks.

You won't need to go through the bother of self-disembarkation with a 12:30 flight. Just go across the street to the shuttle island (if you're using a porter transport your luggage, he'll know exactly where to go) and get in the line for Supershuttle (the blue vans). Hopefully the curbside rep will put passengers going to LAX on the same shuttle.

With our coupon which is online, just do a search, we pay $14 each. When we show our reservation sheet Super Shuttle always put us ahead of those without reservations. We've never waited long. We also get points for Southwest when we book SS on line.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Wow, that's late. What time did you arrive in port?
7am. Actually, that's pretty consistent with disembarkation I've experienced in San Pedro before. When I arrived at the terminal last Thursday at about 10:45am to check in, passengers were still pouring off the ship so I wasn't surprised at the late disembarkation times.

Supershuttle would not be my first choice.....ad not at all if you are pressed at all for time.It is possibel you might have to make other stops to pick people up....the times I have used it they made several stops ..having said that I have not been picked up from a cruise terminal for drop off at LAX....port to airport might be different. I would ask if there would be stops on the way before getting on though.

We will be getting off our cruise and need to get to LAX for a 12:30 flight. We will be using Super Shuttle. What time do we need to be off the ship? If I guess wrong (by picking an early time)will Super Shuttle still pick us up (they offer 4 different times)? How does it work for Super Shuttle in San Pedro?

Thanks

Going to the airport from the port only once did we drop someone on the way.. and it truly was on the way. With so many going to the airport they are easily able to go straight there. We have used them in all different ways at least two dozen times. That said I hope I haven't jinxed myself!

Supershuttle would not be my first choice.....ad not at all if you are pressed at all for time.It is possibel you might have to make other stops to pick people up....the times I have used it they made several stops ..having said that I have not been picked up from a cruise terminal for drop off at LAX....port to airport might be different. I would ask if there would be stops on the way before getting on though.

There are plenty of shuttles available, no res needed.

We stopped making a res after the third time they told us they had no record of one. Have not made one since. :(

Had you not printed out your reservation to show? Although they always have us on their clipboard so far. As I said, I like to make reservations so I can use coupons and they have always put us ahead of the line.

7am. Actually, that's pretty consistent with disembarkation I've experienced in San Pedro before. When I arrived at the terminal last Thursday at about 10:45am to check in, passengers were still pouring off the ship so I wasn't surprised at the late disembarkation times.

Interesting. We've almost always been off the ship before 8:00 with a 7:00 arrival (DH has to make the mad dash to work). We're arriving at 6:00 am on Monday and I hope we can get off well before 8:00. It's at pier 46, too, so that will just add to the experience.:eek: