questions about showers in the spa..

csoud68

i usually sail on carnival because they have free ugraded showers bathrooms and a sauna on the spa deck..this is for all passengers to use and has nothing to do whatsoever with getting a spa pass which allows for use in the thermal suite and various steam rooms etc. it is a very nice perk for the general cruiser.

I am looking at videos of rci ships and i see something called a vitality spa. but it seems that all they mean is a place to get a massage or a facial etc.

Do the larger Rci ships have a complimentary shower, bathroom area for use by all guests? I just cant fathom not having a general locker room for guests with these amenities...thank you.

i usually sail on carnival because they have free ugraded showers bathrooms and a sauna on the spa deck..this is for all passengers to use and has nothing to do whatsoever with getting a spa pass which allows for use in the thermal suite and various steam rooms etc. it is a very nice perk for the general cruiser.

I am looking at videos of rci ships and i see something called a vitality spa. but it seems that all they mean is a place to get a massage or a facial etc.

Do the larger Rci ships have a complimentary shower, bathroom area for use by all guests? I just cant fathom not having a general locker room for guests with these amenities...thank you.

Yes they do and you don't need a pass, there complimentary.

When I read a post like this, I always think of my college days where it we the norm to have to walk down the hall, with my little bathroom supplies, and in a bathrobe to get to the shower and bathroom. I sure did wish that I had a tiny shower in my room back than. Now, College students frown and look disgusted if they have to do this today, to such a degree that most dorms in the old style have been replaced.

So why is it so important to shun your private shower in your room to trek across the ship to take your morning shower in a gym?

So why is it so important to shun your private shower in your room to trek across the ship to take your morning shower in a gym?

If you are working out in the morning, it can be easier to just shower after your workout instead of going back to your room. Also, if you have 4 people in a room sharing one bathroom, the trek to shower in the gym can actually be easier.

Two reasons that I have used the gym shower.

• Like 2

When I read a post like this, I always think of my college days where it we the norm to have to walk down the hall, with my little bathroom supplies, and in a bathrobe to get to the shower and bathroom. I sure did wish that I had a tiny shower in my room back than. Now, College students frown and look disgusted if they have to do this today, to such a degree that most dorms in the old style have been replaced.

Because the showers in many cabins are so small an adult has no room to turn/bend to wash his/her body. DH always showered in spa when we cruised Celebrity even though we were in AQUA class cabin where I thought shower was awesome. Some people need more space. Also JS and Suites on Royal have bathtubs with the shower and for many senior citizens it is extremely difficult to get into and out of a tub.

• Like 1

If you are working out in the morning, it can be easier to just shower after your workout instead of going back to your room. Also, if you have 4 people in a room sharing one bathroom, the trek to shower in the gym can actually be easier.

Two reasons that I have used the gym shower.

Although it is a reason, in my family husband and wife gets the shower first, and the kids get it after, if they are even out of bed, so no issues with sharing.

Because the showers in many cabins are so small an adult has no room to turn/bend to wash his/her body. DH always showered in spa when we cruised Celebrity even though we were in AQUA class cabin where I thought shower was awesome. Some people need more space. Also JS and Suites on Royal have bathtubs with the shower and for many senior citizens it is extremely difficult to get into and out of a tub.

My wife is disabled, and a little "round" and I am over 6 feet. Yes, the showers are not exactly the best, but I would rather take my 10 minute shower, jump out, get dressed, and do brush my teeth in my bathroom than pack everything in a gym bag, trek across the ship, to shower, and trek back. I guess, I take a shower not for the awesomeness, but just to get cleaned and ready. My wife has no issues with the JS bathtub or the skinny tubes. For her, a long walk to a different floor, down a hallway, up an elevator, just is too much bother for 15 minutes shower. :cool:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Where is the spa shower on the Oasis?

My wife and I both worked out in the gym and neither of us could find it.

Deck 5, below the level where the the gym equipment is located.

I graduated in '93. I remember those days as well. And no A/C or cable TV back then as well in the dorms (at least where I went).

• Like 1

I can tell you that we had one random room on the Wonder once that had the smallest bathroom I've ever seen. I posted a photo somewhere on these forums and the search feature is failing me to find it. The light fixture in the shower was lower than my head and the ceiling was only about 0.5" taller than me.

I had to put my feet in the tub to sit on the toilet in that room, as well. Highly uncomfortable.

We've been in other rooms on that ship and her sister Magic and been fine. Must have been a fluke room.

I am reasonably tall (6'2") but not excessively so. I was in a stateroom once where my head was less than the width of my fingers from the shower ceiling. I banged my knuckles on the ceiling a dozen times and then decided to shower in the gym.

So yeah... there are reasons a person might want to do that.

I was wondering if Freedom had a sauna. I had not seen any indication of such, so I thank you as well for this info.

There is a steam room and sauna in each of the men's and women's changing area.

• 6 months later...