Last minute cruise booking HELP

My husband and I are in our mid 40s. We are platinum RCL members. After sailing Oasis in 2014 we decided we liked the smaller ships better due to the decline in service that we had attributed to the ship size. The dining room specifically. In January we sailed on the Freedom and much to our dismay we found the dining room service to not be much better. I wont even get into the drop in food quality. I understand that most cruise lines are going towards the pay restaurants. I think RCL is moving towards the pay restaurants as my only option if I want the "service of yesteryear". That being said, now they are charging for room service too?

My other problem was nightlife. Royal got rid of the dungeon on all ships. They said it was attracting the wrong crowd. LOL, I guess I am the wrong crowd. Instead, their "dance club" is at the top of the ship by the chapel. It lost its cool factor and ended up feeling like a wedding. I am not a party animal, but I do like to go out dancing after a few drinks a few times during the cruise. So where do I go from here?

Should I give RCL another chance on the Anthem, Carnival Cabana rooms or Norwegian? (I cant afford the Haven). FYI, We have tried Celebrity. The quality is great if you just want to lay around and relax. However, we are looking to have fun.

Ideally, I am trying to book a cruise Nov or Dec 2017. We want to be home on Thanksgiving and Christmas week. Ideally the weekend of Nov18th is out also.

My husband and I are in our mid 40s. We are platinum RCL members. After sailing Oasis in 2014 we decided we liked the smaller ships better due to the decline in service that we had attributed to the ship size. The dining room specifically. In January we sailed on the Freedom and much to our dismay we found the dining room service to not be much better. I wont even get into the drop in food quality. I understand that most cruise lines are going towards the pay restaurants. I think RCL is moving towards the pay restaurants as my only option if I want the "service of yesteryear". That being said, now they are charging for room service too?

My other problem was nightlife. Royal got rid of the dungeon on all ships. They said it was attracting the wrong crowd. LOL, I guess I am the wrong crowd. Instead, their "dance club" is at the top of the ship by the chapel. It lost its cool factor and ended up feeling like a wedding. I am not a party animal, but I do like to go out dancing after a few drinks a few times during the cruise. So where do I go from here?

Should I give RCL another chance on the Anthem, Carnival Cabana rooms or Norwegian? (I cant afford the Haven). FYI, We have tried Celebrity. The quality is great if you just want to lay around and relax. However, we are looking to have fun.

Ideally, I am trying to book a cruise Nov or Dec 2017. We want to be home on Thanksgiving and Christmas week. Ideally the weekend of Nov18th is out also.

I would try Anthem but I would also try the CCL Havana Cabanas, I would be surprised, though, if you were able to get one for next month since they sell out a year or two in advance. I love to dance (I'm 50) but always thought the dungeon was never really full and a big waste of space. What are they doing with that space now?

Have you priced out the NCL Haven H9s, which are the spa Haven cabins. These are the least expensive Haven options, just a deck below the Haven but with all the Haven amenities along with full use of the spa (not services). I've sailed in the actual Haven as well as the spa Haven and LOVE both.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I would try Anthem but I would also try the CCL Havana Cabanas, I would be surprised, though, if you were able to get one for next month since they sell out a year or two in advance. I love to dance (I'm 50) but always thought the dungeon was never really full and a big waste of space. What are they doing with that space now?

On the freedom class ships I believe they were turned into a specialty restaurant and cabins.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I here are some choices with essentially the same itinerary, none of these prices include ship gratuity.

Anthem balcony guarantee 1900 Nov 25 includes tax

Breakaway Nov 26 mid balcony 2387 (includes tax $200 credit, 3 specialty dinners, and ultimate beverage package.and beverage package gratuity.

Breakaway Nov 26 mid ship mini suite 2580 (includes tax $280 credit, 3 specialty dinners, and ultimate beverage package.and beverage package gratuity)

On the freedom class ships I believe they were turned into a specialty restaurant and cabins.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tons of last minute cancellations on havana interior, patio, aft balcony...

carnival rep claimed she was going on a cruise in 3 days and it was only 50 percent full currently due to cancellations

The Anthem 12/14/17 8 night Bahamas is on the Going, Going, Gone sale starting Monday for C&A members.

Balcony Guaranty $559/pp. Taxes are $144.44/pp, grats are $108/pp. If you're looking for something cheap and close, I don't know how you can beat that price ($101.43/pp/pn all in).

The Anthem 12/14/17 8 night Bahamas is on the Going, Going, Gone sale starting Monday for C&A members.

Balcony Guaranty $559/pp. Taxes are $144.44/pp, grats are $108/pp. If you're looking for something cheap and close, I don't know how you can beat that price ($101.43/pp/pn all in).

Wow that really is a good deal..... but I really hesitate on guarantee rooms altogether...I keep wondering how cheap would it have to be to not care? I the past, I have been assigned forward rooms by booking guarantees and it ended up being in BAAADDD weather. It is amazing the difference it makes to not be forward or on the high decks. People were sleeping on couches in the lower decks mid and aft. We caught the tail end of a tropical storm on a cruise to Bermuda once, and a nasty front in the southeast leaving out of Ft Lauderdale last January.

If you book a DO Balcony on Anthem you will probably get a cabin on deck 6 over the life boats. The view is considered obstructed, but only if you sit down. Standing up, the view is not obstructed. For that price, those cabins are well worth it. That's what we got and I would book it again.

If you book mini suite on Breakaway, just know the cabin is essentially the same size ad a regular balcony but the bathroom is larger. I sail NCL often and wouldnt spend the extra on mini suite if its between that and a balcony. What is the difference in price between Anthem (include alcohol package if yr going to purchase for both of you) compared with Breakaway balcony? For the Vist, you will be flyin so add that cost plus the alcohol package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been checking for GGG sales and every time it says "sorry we have no cruises at this time." Am I doing something wrong? How do you know what is going on sale next week? Is there another site I should be looking at? Thank you for your help.

Happy cruising everyone!

I have been checking for GGG sales and every time it says "sorry we have no cruises at this time." Am I doing something wrong? How do you know what is going on sale next week? Is there another site I should be looking at? Thank you for your help.

Happy cruising everyone!

This changes every week, usually Thursday afternoon Eastern Time: http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

NCL includes all beer, wine, liquor, and soda up to $15. It does not seem to include bottled water or premium coffee drinks. Their gratuity is based on $89 per day.

Royal drink package includes all

Cocktails / Spirits / Liqueurs / Beer and Wines by the glass

Bottled still and sparkling water, soda, Fresh squeezed juices, Non-alcoholic cocktails and Premium coffees and teas

*Package includes any single beverage item with a value up to $12. Plus, receive a 40% discount on

bottled wines priced up to $100, and 20% discount on wines priced above $100. I couldn't find the exact price though. I have seen prices reported from 54-71 per day?

I had a great time dancing in the Music Box on Anthem, especially the Silent Party with the headphones. I just watched a youtube video of a ship tour of Oasis and wow that is a gigantic ship. Anthem is big but not overwhelming. We had excellent dining room service, late seating probably helped with that because our dining room was always half empty.

... I couldn't find the exact price though. I have seen prices reported from 54-71 per day?

Generally, the least expensive undiscounted onboard price has been $55 per day plus 18%. I've seen some sailings at $58 plus 18%.

FYI, I booked the Mid ship Mini-suite on the Breakaway. It ended up being $2500 Total. The mini suite seems to just be a balcony room with a much improved bathroom that includes double sinks and bigger shower.

The price included 3 specialty meals with gratuities, 2 passengers unlimited liquor package with gratuities, and 280 to spend on the boat. It did not include ship gratuities or trip insurance.

I was torn between the Breakaway and the Anthem, since they had similar itineraries . However, I am hoping the nightlife will be better on the Breakaway. Stay tuned for my review!

FYI, I booked the Mid ship Mini-suite on the Breakaway. It ended up being $2500 Total. The mini suite seems to just be a balcony room with a much improved bathroom that includes double sinks and bigger shower.

The price included 3 specialty meals with gratuities, 2 passengers unlimited liquor package with gratuities, and 280 to spend on the boat. It did not include ship gratuities or trip insurance.

I was torn between the Breakaway and the Anthem, since they had similar itineraries . However, I am hoping the nightlife will be better on the Breakaway. Stay tuned for my review!

Great choice, especially for the price and what you receive. Enjoy!