The "Latest" Carnival Survey By E-Mail!!!

timh111

I received an e-mail from Carnival, asking for me to take an attached survey that would take 15 minutes or so to complete. 30 minutes later, I was STILL answering questions before I decided to end it!! Carnival seems to forget, you don't get something for nothing in this world! 10, 15 or even 20 minutes...OK...but at 30 minutes and STILL answering questions....I had enough!!:eek: Anybody else get this "survey"??

Is this the standard just got back from a cruise survey or something different?

No, I last cruised with them April of 2010 on the Dream. This was a "Customer Feedback, BRIEF survey. What a joke calling it that.Here's what it said in the e-mail....

"At Carnival, we're always working hard to find ways to make your "Fun Ship" experience more enjoyable. And input from you, our valued guest, is very important to the decisions we make to improve your "Fun Ship" experience.

Please click on the link below for a brief survey regarding things you like to do during your cruise. Your honest opinions are very important to us and the brief survey should take only a few minutes to complete.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input. We look forward to seeing you again soon on another Carnival cruise"

Saying it was "BRIEF" and "should only take a few minutes to complete" was an insult!!

Usually the length of a survey is predicated on the responder. If you happen to indicate that you werent satisfied with something, that automatically triggers additional questions, so they can get a better understanding what or how to imporve in a specific area.

hmmm, I wonder if you got something different.

Did you say you didnt like something. Did the cruise NOT exceed you expectattion? I filled out mine in less then 10 minutes.

Usually the length of a survey is predicated on the responder. If you happen to indicate that you werent satisfied with something, that automatically triggers additional questions, so they can get a better understanding what or how to imporve in a specific area.

It wasn't even that type of survey Chill, it was more like a "What do you prefer, Pick one of the 2 choices below". I replied to the e-mail and told them how unhappy I was, it wasn't kicked back as undeliverable so I figure SOMEONE there got it!! But seeing how Carnival handles there e-mails and even regular mail on post cruise concerns or compliments, it may have fallen on deaf ears!!:confused:

hmmm, I wonder if you got something different.

Did you say you didnt like something. Did the cruise NOT exceed you expectattion? I filled out mine in less then 10 minutes.

It wasn't about any certain cruise I was on, it was general cruise questions about their service and what I preferred in certain areas like dining and entertainment.

I received an e-mail from Carnival, asking for me to take an attached survey that would take 15 minutes or so to complete. 30 minutes later, I was STILL answering questions before I decided to end it!! Carnival seems to forget, you don't get something for nothing in this world! 10, 15 or even 20 minutes...OK...but at 30 minutes and STILL answering questions....I had enough!!:eek: Anybody else get this "survey"??

There is an earlier thread about this survey. I think it took me about 45 minutes.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367385&highlight=

I've received these in the past and am very happy to take the time to answer the questions. It can only be positive in the end.

I don't consider it a waste of time and certainly not some sort of free gift to them.

We can all decide whether we wish to do it or not.

It wasn't about any certain cruise I was on, it was general cruise questions about their service and what I preferred in certain areas like dining and entertainment.

I got this survey too and it took me a looong time to get through it all.

It wasn't even that type of survey Chill, it was more like a "What do you prefer, Pick one of the 2 choices below". I replied to the e-mail and told them how unhappy I was, it wasn't kicked back as undeliverable so I figure SOMEONE there got it!! But seeing how Carnival handles there e-mails and even regular mail on post cruise concerns or compliments, it may have fallen on deaf ears!!:confused:

From the other responses to this thread, it sounds like you triggered additional questions based on your answers to the four "qualifying" questions.

My guess they were looking for feedback from pax that had specific experiences(like MTD, comedy shows,etc).

If your responses fell outside their parameters, they would have ended the survey.

Carnival, like most companies use market research firms to email and compile the data, so doubtful anyone at Carnival would ever

see your email.

From the other responses to this thread, it sounds like you triggered additional questions based on your answers to the four "qualifying" questions.

My guess they were looking for feedback from pax that had specific experiences(like MTD, comedy shows,etc).

If your responses fell outside their parameters, they would have ended the survey.

Carnival, like most companies use market research firms to email and compile the data, so doubtful anyone at Carnival would ever

see your email.

I think you are right. Depending on the answer, that would determine the next question. I answered 1 question 1 way, saw the next question, then decided to change my answer (just to see what would happen) and then I got a completely different question.

I still haven't gotten a comment or survey request from Carnival from our last cruise in October. I wish I did. I am still very disappointed that our opinion, which used to be so important, doesn't matter any more. I guess all they care about is that we continue to cruise with them. We just got back from the Voyager of the Seas and they still make a big deal about the satisfaction surveys. It gives us the chance to praise those who made our cruise special. I wish Carnival still did that. They have gone down in exceptional service, IMO, since they quit emphasizing the on-ship comment cards.

My Husband did a survey by phone and rec'd a Starbucks card in the mail for participating last year, I thought it was strange and told him he would never see the card but it arrived in about 2 weeks.

I have not seen this survey but we do get the guest survey after each cruise, I am with others and think they dont really look at them but I always fill them out. I am always hopeful that I will "Win" the free cruise they offer even though I dont really think it exists :p

I got it , took between 5 and 7 minutes to answer the whole thing.

I don't think it's the same survey. It took me 5-7 minutes just to get through the first few qualifying questions! :eek:

Archived