B2B and lifeboat drills

jenp123

I did a b2b last November and all passengers were required to attend both lifeboat drills regardless if they were b2b guests. I am starting to read that this may no longer be the policy. Will I have to attend both drills on my upcoming b2b this November on the koningsdam?

I was reading those posts as well. Many of those cruises were not sailing in and out Ft Lauderdale.

Ft Lauderdale seems to be the only port requiring people to attend both drills.

Not too many people have starting sailing out of Ft Lauderdale as the ships as just heading back there.

So we will all have to wait and see what happens.

I did a b2b last November and all passengers were required to attend both lifeboat drills regardless if they were b2b guests. I am starting to read that this may no longer be the policy. Will I have to attend both drills on my upcoming b2b this November on the koningsdam?

In August 2016 , we did Alaska B2B from Vancouver and didn't have to attend muster drill in Seward on the way home.

Port Everglades has a "zero count" policy where all b2b guests need to briefly disembark and then, after some time period when the "zero count" has been achieved, re-embark. Such a policy may be the reason for b2b guests having to attend a 2nd Muster Drill. But, why not? It certainly does not hurt having one's memory refreshed as to what to do if there is a real emergency!

I did not have to attend the second muster drill when on a B2B last Feb. Even tough it was a Caribbean cruise through Ft. Lauderdale. So I have no idea what the rule is regarding this matter. Also, we did NOT have to leave the ship. The B2B guests had to line up to get their keycards scanned (and show their filled out custom form and passport or gov. ID)

We have done short and long Collector Cruises (back-to-back) out of Ft Lauderdale and the last few years (since the Concordia accident) we have had to attend the second life boat drill.

If there were a lot of people staying over for the second segment, then we had immigration on the ship. And we had to wait in the show lounge until the ship was down to zero count before we could move about the ship.

Other times we have had to get off the ship, go through immigration and wait in the terminal until the ship got down to zero count.

We have been in the Med on a B2B2B & had to do all three muster drills. I think it's important that everybody does attend. I'm sure people on the Conordia wished they did.

Allan

Edited by ski ww

It might depend on the length of the first segment. Seems to me there is some requirement for a repeat after x days. Similar on long duration flights.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

We were told on the Westerdam that there was a requirement for every 30 days.

That being said, we've had to attend the life boat drills on all of our cruises no matter where they were.

...Many of those cruises were not sailing in and out Ft Lauderdale.

Not too many people have starting sailing out of Ft Lauderdale as the ships as just heading back there.

.[/size][/font]

Surely, you jest. What do you think happens to the ships after they return to FLL?

Scott & Karen

We were on the Westerdam Vancouver/Hawaii return October 2 - 18 followed by the Vancouver/San Diego October 18 - 22 and the San Diego/Mexican Riviera return October 22 - 29.

Lifeboat drill on first and second cruise but excused from the third one.

Rockfan2