Filed a complaint with guest relations but still want to book more

ellasmomanddad

I was on this cruise, plus the one prior. Sorry, the op is way out of line, questioning the navigation ability of the cpt. The route DID get altered and no way did I find the sailing, that rough. I certainly slept just fine. Of course there is movement- it is water, but no where as dramatic as the claims.

I also did not find any rude staff but saw plenty of naive, demanding passengers. Lines at the Service desk, demanding something for free, clearly a no win for the staff.

Have no clue as well, as why the shore excursion credit couldn't be used? There were some cancellations but a lot of tours did go out. I enjoyed my touring ALL 3 days. It could be there was only 1 tour they wanted? Sorry, how it goes if you don't use it. You loose it.

Always 2 sides to every story.

So concierge letter saying all excursions were cancelled isn't true and by your own account long lines at guest services isn't ncl it's the passengers, and by your account you must have been the only one to enjoy that cruise. You said the lines where long.

You can try the hard-line approach, but honestly, unless your signature is not complete, it only shows one cruise on NCL prior to this one - which does not show much loyalty. Which means the customer rep may not fully believe you when you say that you will be booking three future cruises with them.

In addition, they may realistically also be thinking the following - if you had such a bad time on the last cruise - why would you want to book not one, but three future cruises with them?

On the other hand - customer service sometimes metes out compensation to people if they complain enough.

Incomplete signature those are just myself wife and daughter it's a different cruise now. It's my 17th cruise 14th with ncl 1st time I called guest relations which ncl has record of not cruise critic.

Before kids we took 3 a year for 5 years straight I'm not a newbie I just don't update or care to join roll calls

I didn't have an approach that was the question how do I approach.

Okay, let's do it your way. In response to the following question:

Should I call ncl and tell them I'm prepared to make multiple deposits for future cruises depending on how guest relations handles my past cruise,

I recommend you don't do the above.

Okay, let's do it your way. In response to the following question:

Should I call ncl and tell them I'm prepared to make multiple deposits for future cruises depending on how guest relations handles my past cruise,

I recommend you don't do the above.

you forgot to highlight the line directly below it that says or wait the 3 weeks.

And for the record as for compensation I asked for dinner at la cucina while I was on board and I would buy the haven cruise next certificate and was told my problems had to be resolved by Florida. I'm not looking for a free cruise just loyalty

In another thread about the Dawn you stated that you got a free dinner at Le Bistro for a “maintenance” problem. So you were actually asking for another free dinner at La Cucinia for rough seas?

In another thread about the Dawn you stated that you got a free dinner at Le Bistro for a “maintenance” problem. So you were actually asking for another free dinner at La Cucinia for rough seas?

No I did not, I said Moderno was under maintaince for breakfast and lunch for suite guest so we ate at le bistro. Get your facts before the blast.

Picky people will never be happy. You can give them everything they want and will still deserve more

Filing a complaint for rough seas is ludicrous and lying about your compensation to get even more shows a lack of character.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Picky people will never be happy. You can give them everything they want and will still deserve more

Filing a complaint for rough seas is ludicrous and lying about your compensation to get even more shows a lack of character.

:')

Lack of character would be quoting in accurate post like it's true

There should be a space in there or a comma the replis are coming in like rapid fire. What I'm saying is if they would have just addressed 1 thing with the dinner I'm walking out with my mouth shut and content with ncl, at least it would be something but they couldn't do that I was handed business cards so I did not purchase the certificate. I'm not an idiot I don't go around flashing cash for bribes. I also didn't tell the Butler and concierge they stunk to there face what's the point it gets you nowhere.

You really have no business correcting anyone’s grammar...

Incomplete signature those are just myself wife and daughter it's a different cruise now. It's my 17th cruise 14th with ncl 1st time I called guest relations which ncl has record of not cruise critic.

Before kids we took 3 a year for 5 years straight I'm not a newbie I just don't update or care to join roll calls

So, OK you have a big cruise resume...lots of experience. You're not a newbie. Yadda, yadda, yadda..

So why don't you just handle it the way that you want to? Why are you asking us for advice? I mean, you've just rejected any advice offered....so what DO you want from us? I hope it isn't sympathy...nearly 60 replies in...you can easily see how everyone else views your situation.

So, OK you have a big cruise resume...lots of experience. You're not a newbie. Yadda, yadda, yadda..

So why don't you just handle it the way that you want to? Why are you asking us for advice? I mean, you've just rejected any advice offered....so what DO you want from us? I hope it isn't sympathy...nearly 60 replies in...you can easily see how everyone else views your situation.

Exactly! Couldn’t agree more. Based on the OP’s experience in cruising they should know what to expect and do. But based on the OP’s comments he/she probably is spending 90% of the time at the customer service desk complaining about something.

Once again trolls I DON'T WANT A FREE CRUISE. In fact that more helpful post say they might credit the shore excursion deal that would have been cheaper than dinner. I'm sorry you like getting capped on when you go out I don't enjoy it nobody goes to a car dealership pays for a new one and walks out with a used one for the same price get a grip be helpful no hostile.

If your attitude with the staff is the same as here, I can understand why noone was in line to help you. Name calling is not attractive

We recently had a rough cruise between rough rough seas ( the blood vessels in my eyes broke from lack of sleep I can provide pictures for doubters) rude staff and not receiving perks we paid for. Nonetheless I'm sitting here going in between cc and ncl websites researching my next reservation without receiving a call back to address my issues.

Should I call ncl and tell them I'm prepared to make multiple deposits for future cruises depending on how guest relations handles my past cruise, or do I wait the 3 weeks for a call. For the record I would be a suite or haven guest exclusively would they handle me different with that knowledge.

What is it that you want. Do you even know? A free dinner? Some nice words? Money? What is the service recovery that will make you ok with booking your haven and suites in the future? If it's $50, or an "apology," or whatever, then why bother? Just do what you're going to do. If the lack of service recovery makes it so you don't want to sail NCL again, then I would suggest it is very very unlkely at this point that they are going to do something you would find sufficient. If you're just looking to "win" because of perceived thoughts about loyalty, anything they say will not be genuine anyway. It will be them doing whatever is in their best financial interest.

If I were in their shoes, I'd guess that in the end it doesn't make a difference what we do or don't do. You're probably going to book again anyway, and if you really called and said, "I'm all ready to book lots of suites and the haven, but I need to know how you're going to handle my past cruise first," the first thing I'd say is "what do you want? Fifty bucks? A free bottle of sparkling wine? Yeah, sure, whatever." Well, I wouldn't say it that way, but that's what I'd be thinking. If what you want is be understood, to be allowed to vent, to have someone genuinely sympathetic and sorry for what you experienced, you aren't going to get that. At most you'll get someone who is good at pretending that stuff, but probably not even.

It really comes off like NCL works best for you, you still want to book with them, they are better for you than other cruises, but personally you want a win before you'll do it. Just let it go. Some cruises are great, some not as much. The people you're describing as "trolls" are all pretty uniform here, which should tell you something. I doubt NCL would be very disappointed to see you go -- probably much less disappointed than you'd be with crossing them off your list of options for cruising. That's they bottom line, and they know it.

You did not have the perfect cruise. But before you begin asking for compensation, or if you are asking us for the most fashionable way to ask for compensation, maybe you need to re-think if you actually have a case for compensation - which is what most of the respondents have been trying to tell you.

I am not trying to be a troll, but maybe you need to stop and listen [read] to what some of the above members are stating - that they do not believe that you have any merit to receive compensation. Or to put it another way, they are answering your question - If there is no reason for compensation, then you do not need to worry about whether to call now or wait the three weeks.

As an aside, since you brought it up - you can learn a lot about the ports/ship, and meet a lot of nice people, by joining roll calls. The Meet & Greet onboard is also enjoyable.

On our second of twenty five or so cruises while enjoying an open seating lunch in the MDR a woman to my left had watermarks on her teaspoon. Having been in the bar and restaurant business I could see clearly.what was simply the result of the flatware drying normally after being run through the dishwasher, it was not dirty and it happens all the time. She made a big huff and puff as she held the spoon in the air almost poking the asst. waiter's eye out, claiming loudly in a very condescending voice that her spoon was filthy. According to most State departments of health rules, glasses as well as plates and flatware once they are done in the commercial washers are to be air dried and NEVER TOWEL POLISHED, so water marks are common.

RESULTS

Never intentionally attended another meal with open seating from that moment on. (17 years)

There are ways to handle situations and then there are ways NOT TO.

There are things worthy of complaint and there are things that ARE NOT.

The choices are up to the individual and I think this individual made a few wrong choices..

OMO

bosco

(Just watching from the sidelines, but a lot of you trying to attack the OP have been off-base or gotten your facts wrong. At least admit it when you do, fair's fair, especially if you're going to dig through someone's posting history.)

I didn’t get anything wrong. I asked if that was what he was asking. That’s the purpose of a question mark at the end of a sentence.

If you are going to try and call someone out have the guts to actually do it instead of passive aggressive nonsense.

My boyfriend is actually a senior staffer on The Dawn so I have an personal interest in this topic whereas you are just trying to stir the pot.

You did not have the perfect cruise. But before you begin asking for compensation, or if you are asking us for the most fashionable way to ask for compensation, maybe you need to re-think if you actually have a case for compensation - which is what most of the respondents have been trying to tell you.

I am not trying to be a troll, but maybe you need to stop and listen [read] to what some of the above members are stating - that they do not believe that you have any merit to receive compensation. Or to put it another way, they are answering your question - If there is no reason for compensation, then you do not need to worry about whether to call now or wait the three weeks.

As an aside, since you brought it up - you can learn a lot about the ports/ship, and meet a lot of nice people, by joining roll calls. The Meet & Greet onboard is also enjoyable.

I guess putting it in terms of compensation is the problem but if you read the original post you will see the word compensation is not said the words how they handle it are. Like I said it's the first time I have had a problem so what's wrong with bringing it up to guest relations.

And as to roll calls and meet and mingles you don't know who is on these boards I'm sure most are fine but it only takes 1 person to get a whole group in trouble. For instance 2 cruises ago a cc room showing occurred, everyone on there balconies saw a cc host bring an unruly passenger from the night befor on her balcony, now the rest of the cruise she is associated with that passenger without ever knowing what happened the night before not to mention I asked a simple question to call or not that's it and have been attacked for 4 hrs so there is your answer why I don't go to that stuff.

I didn’t get anything wrong. I asked if that was what he was asking. That’s the purpose of a question mark at the end of a sentence.

If you are going to try and call someone out have the guts to actually do it instead of passive aggressive nonsense.

My boyfriend is actually a senior staffer on The Dawn so I have an personal interest in this topic whereas you are just trying to stir the pot.

1) You weren't the only person who missed the mark taking a shot at the OP, it was just an example. I assure you that nothing on CC requires actual "guts". We're all basically idiots behind keyboards for getting involved in this nonsense.

2) I love your mention of your BF as a reason you have more right to be active in the thread than I do.

On our second of twenty five or so cruises while enjoying an open seating lunch in the MDR a woman to my left had watermarks on her teaspoon. Having been in the bar and restaurant business I could see clearly.what was simply the result of the flatware drying normally after being run through the dishwasher, it was not dirty and it happens all the time. She made a big huff and puff as she held the spoon in the air almost poking the asst. waiter's eye out, claiming loudly in a very condescending voice that her spoon was filthy. According to most State departments of health rules, glasses as well as plates and flatware once they are done in the commercial washers are to be air dried and NEVER TOWEL POLISHED, so water marks are common.

RESULTS

Never intentionally attended another meal with open seating from that moment on. (17 years)

There are ways to handle situations and then there are ways NOT TO.

There are things worthy of complaint and there are things that ARE NOT.

The choices are up to the individual and I think this individual made a few wrong choices..

OMO

bosco

This is where you lose I haven't called anybody I haven't made any choices except ask an opinion on whether to wait or call that's it. When you pick and chose what post to read you come under the impression I disrespected staff customer service and everyone in between that didn't happen go thru every response the only peron that I talked to was my concierge 3 different times. All 3 times I was handed a business card. Other posters imply I said or did anything but actually read and you will see I didn't do anything I asked if I should.

Unfortunately, I think the only thing you might be able to get some compensation for is the shore excursion credits. As someone else mentioned, you might get some OBC for lack of service of butler, but I wouldn't expect much. Concierge is always a bit hit of miss, so prob no chance of anything for that lack of service.

I don't think tying compensation from your last cruise to your potential for future cruises will increase your chances of getting compensation....probably won't hurt them either, but it will get complicated since it would be multiple departments trying to coordinate (new booking vs customer relations). Plus, it feels slightly like bribery or extortion lol

It's always frustrating when a dream vacation turns out to not be so dreamy, so I wish you luck getting something that will make you feel heard!

Gosh, one of my butlers was terrible and he got off in one of the ports and did not get back on. Never occurred to me to ask for OBC. Still don't.