Has anyone used Carnival gift cards for onboard spending sail and sign account?

Alh1978

Question about onboard sail and sign account. We are taking a summer cruise and I am not a fan of carrying cash or attaching our bank debit card to our sail and sign account. I thought about buying carnival gift cards from the grocery store and getting fuel perks!

I was wondering if this is an option and what the rules are and if anyone has done this without problems?

Thanks for feedback :)

We redeemed $1600 in gift cards bought from AARP for $1440 and applied them online to our S&S account. However we assign a credit card for the mileage. A debit card is not a good instrument to use as you are not very well covered.

We redeemed $1600 in gift cards bought from AARP for $1440 and applied them online to our S&S account. However we assign a credit card for the mileage. A debit card is not a good instrument to use as you are not very well covered.

How do you apply GC to your S&S account online? I’ve used GC online to make payment on my cruise, for excursions and to purchase beverage packages, but haven’t seen an option to just apply them to the S&S account.

How do you apply GC to your S&S account online? I’ve used GC online to make payment on my cruise, for excursions and to purchase beverage packages, but haven’t seen an option to just apply them to the S&S account.

I would like to know that too. We buy gift cards a little at a time to have for our next cruise. We always apply them to S&S at Guest Services on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Purchase cruise cash limit $500 per cabin it’s gonna be applied to your S&S you will see the credit once you’re on board a couple of hours later after sailing,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes we pay our entire cruise balance and all of our on-board spending with gift cards. We buy the discounted gift cards to save the money. It's nice to save $500'ish per cruise just by buying the discounted gift cards.

Out of curiosity Where do you buy your discounted cards? I was very skeptical to try online stores that offer discounts... thank u!

Just returned from 7 day cruise on Magic and used Carnival gift cards for sign and sail account, so easy.

Went to Guest Services and they applied the $100 gift cards each time I requested same.

We were using e-cards and the guest services rep suggested we not destroy them until after the cruise so I just put the used ones in the safe until I reconciled our final account.

Great way to cruise!

Just returned from 7 day cruise on Magic and used Carnival gift cards for sign and sail account, so easy.

Went to Guest Services and they applied the $100 gift cards each time I requested same.

We were using e-cards and the guest services rep suggested we not destroy them until after the cruise so I just put the used ones in the safe until I reconciled our final account.

Great way to cruise!

Great and how did you like the magic?!

How would purchasing cruise cash differ from applying a carnival gift card? Is there more benefit to either?

Thanks!

The only difference to me is that I’m able to purchase the discounted gift cards, saving $10 on every $100 card purchased. I’ve used cruise cash in the past and would continue to do so if I wasn’t able to get the discounted gift cards. I try to buy a gift card each month, saving them for when I book my next cruise, hoping I’ll have enough in gift cards to pay for the cruise in full. With cruise cash, you can only buy it once you’ve booked and it is for the specific cruise you buy it for. Also the gift cards don’t expire.

I've used Carnival GC's purchased at AARP at a 10% discount to pay deposits, cruise fares, and S&S card balances on board. Carnival cruise cash is face value with no savings, just convenience.

I've actually saved more $$$ using the 10% discounted cards than from filing price protection fares for cabin rate reductions.

This has been great info! I signed my parents up for AARP account and see the discount carnival cards. They are cruising in a room next to us. I’m absolutely going to stock up on these until we cruise this summer! Thanks guys :)

Would love to hear back from the person who commented they just returned from the magic about how you liked the ship!!

This has been great info! I signed my parents up for AARP account and see the discount carnival cards. They are cruising in a room next to us. I’m absolutely going to stock up on these until we cruise this summer! Thanks guys :)

Would love to hear back from the person who commented they just returned from the magic about how you liked the ship!!

Magic is an awesome ship - sailed on her last January, going again in May. Layout is great and the crew was awesome! Sailed Vista last month and definitely prefer Magic.

Magic is an awesome ship - sailed on her last January, going again in May. Layout is great and the crew was awesome! Sailed Vista last month and definitely prefer Magic.

Sooo glad to hear this because we actually changed from vista to magic after watching YouTube videos and thinking vista looked too crowded for us. So good to hear you prefer magic!

The Magic is a wonderful ship. The only reason we don't sail on her now is that she no longer home ports in Galveston.

Crew was always outstanding. MDR was always a good experience. Lots of activities for families with kids, and for unencumbered young adults, and for me and my fellow senior citizens.

Lots of food choices, outside the MDR and the buffet, included in the fare. Lots of public spaces and a few quiet places to plop down and read, snooze, or people watch.

Hope you enjoy her.

Question about onboard sail and sign account. We are taking a summer cruise and I am not a fan of carrying cash or attaching our bank debit card to our sail and sign account. I thought about buying carnival gift cards from the grocery store and getting fuel perks!

I was wondering if this is an option and what the rules are and if anyone has done this without problems?

Thanks for feedback :)

Yes, you can apply on board or, like we do, we purchase cruise cash with them. Even better if you belong to AARP and can buy a $500 card for $450. $50 free money.

The Magic is a wonderful ship. The only reason we don't sail on her now is that she no longer home ports in Galveston.

Crew was always outstanding. MDR was always a good experience. Lots of activities for families with kids, and for unencumbered young adults, and for me and my fellow senior citizens.

Lots of food choices, outside the MDR and the buffet, included in the fare. Lots of public spaces and a few quiet places to plop down and read, snooze, or people watch.

Hope you enjoy her.

Thanks so much! Not sailing from Galveston is why we CAN do it now :)

That is probably why they switch them up so people can try different ones! I’m glad breeze is going to Florida soon so we can finally try that ship next time. We can’t fly to Galveston for some reason it’s double the cost in airfare over Florida!? Can’t wait to go on magic thanks everyone for the opinion on her

Yes, you can apply on board or, like we do, we purchase cruise cash with them. Even better if you belong to AARP and can buy a $500 card for $450. $50 free money.

You do not need to belong to/be a member of AARP or Allstate to get the discounted gift cards. Anybody can do this.

Great and how did you like the magic?!

I will be writing a review, this was our 2nd time on the Magic. We like this class of ship because we love the cove balconies, a great retreat from the crowds and near the water, a great place to relax with a book or wine or just chill.

I’m glad breeze is going to Florida soon so we can finally try that ship next time.

Right now the Breeze has a 14 day journeys cruise on 11/3/18 with a great price!

We are already booked for this 14 day cruise in a cove balcony, check it out on Carnival's web site.