Rollout Schedule for new "Suite" makeover

My wife and I have been on 3 Celebrity Cruises and really enjoy the line. We have booked 2 future cruises with them, one the Holiday Caribbean 11 day on the Equinox and the other a cruise in March on the Summitt out of Puerto Rico.

I have read that the suite makeover will be done by April 2015, but haven't seen a schedule (even tentative) of the rollout of this by ship. Just curious when it will happen, as we have a suite on the Dec 22 cruise but don't on the March voyage out of San Juan.

As an aside, we have been in the Neptune Suites on HAL once and LOVED them, but this will be our first time in a suite on Celebrity. Anyone care to make a comparison.

The new suite dining takes place from April 3rd - 12th. Equinox is April 6th and Summit is April 4th. I am on Summit on April 11th and hope to dine in new dining area. I will be disappointed if it is not ready as it was one of the main reasons I booked this cruise.

Here's a link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

• Constellation 4/4/15
  • Eclipse 4/12/15 (also going onto dry dock this week)
  • Equinox 4/6/15
  • Infinity 4/13/15
  • Millenium 4/9/15
  • Reflection 4/4/15
  • Silhouette 4/5/15
  • Solstice 4/3/15
  • Summit 4/4/15 (typo in document says 2014)

Note that only Eclipse is getting it done during a dry dock, so the procedure of implementation of the restaurant must not be too complex.

I wonder if they will add GastroBar and Slush as well when they do the Suite Dining.

I'm not so sure that's the Suites themselves will be getting a makeover, instead I think it's more about the perks that you will be getting for the suites.

The Celebrity Suite does not get all of the new perks. I have a email that has a table that shows what Suites get specific perks, but I can't find the same table on the Celebrity website. The CS suite does not get the premium beverage package, the unlimited specialty dining package or the complimentary in suite water, soda, beer. It does get the new dining room and access to Michael's Club though.

Enjoy your cruises.

I'm not so sure that's the Suites themselves will be getting a makeover, instead I think it's more about the perks that you will be getting for the suites.

The Celebrity Suite does not get all of the new perks. I have a email that has a table that shows what Suites get specific perks, but I can't find the same table on the Celebrity website. The CS suite does not get the premium beverage package, the unlimited specialty dining package or the complimentary in suite water, soda, beer. It does get the new dining room and access to Michael's Club though.

Enjoy your cruises.

The link I posted in post #6 lays out in good detail what suites get what.

Basically...

• Sky Suites get Suite dining
  • Celebrity Suites Add Michaels Access
  • Royal and PH add free premium drinks package, booze in cabin, free minibar (excl. booze and I thought beer not positive on beer) free internet, unlimited specialty dining

Enjoy your cruises.

I have a copy of the flyer but, for some reason [is it my new Surface tablet?], I do not seem to be have an attach option on Cruise Critic and I cannot find it on Celebrity's website using Google.

If someone can suggest how I can attach the PDF, I will happily do so.

There is a breakdown of 'Suite Class Amenities' in the UK 2015 Celebrity Worldwide brochure, I have a hardcopy and have also downloaded it from the Celebrity UK site. The details are around page 114 of the online brochure. It more or less what cle-guy has posted in his latest post.

Having taken a break from cruising for a couple of years, we were we considering a Cunard cruise, basicly because the Cunard suites offered a far better deal than the existing Celebrity suites, but the new Celebrity Suite class has tempted us back, and we are trying a RS next May, so will report back. And I am a moaner if things are not right!

We have had a Owners Suite on IOTS a couple of times , loved the Concierge lounge, but did not partake of the reserved seating available, especially on deck, as it was a January 18 night Med cruise, it was our best cruise bargain, just over £5000, as they could not sell the cruise, and it was one of the best cruises we have had!

I have just read that there is to be a dedicated suite restaurant on most ships including Millie. I don't mind that at all. In fact I'm quite pleased with the thought as, imho, suite passengers pay plenty and should get some extra perks and also, as an Aqua pax, I'll be happy as it should free up a bit more room in Blu

But I wonder where it will be located on Millie? It does not seem to have a lot of spare rooms. Will Blu be made smaller? What amenities will the remainder of the pax be giving up? Does anyone have any answers?

I have just read that there is to be a dedicated suite restaurant on most ships including Millie. I don't mind that at all. In fact I'm quite pleased with the thought as, imho, suite passengers pay plenty and should get some extra perks and also, as an Aqua pax, I'll be happy as it should free up a bit more room in Blu

But I wonder where it will be located on Millie? It does not seem to have a lot of spare rooms. Will Blu be made smaller? What amenities will the remainder of the pax be giving up? Does anyone have any answers?

Check the link I posted in post #6. It says the dining room will be created form a space near the upper level of the main dining room. I imagine they will take space from the Select dining area on the side opposite BLU on M class ships, and just one of the Select Dining wings on the S Class.

It is rolling out to ALL X ships except Century, which ends its career with X in April 2015, and Xpedition, for obvious reasons.

Are the Aqua Rooms still going to have Blu?

Yes, and Suites will still have access on an available basis as they currently do.

Suite guests can invite guests to the Suite Dining room for a fee of $50 per person per meal.

I have attached a couple of PDFs of the X suite brochures, which both have all the amenities listed for each category with the new suite class perks highlighted. I think I downloaded these off the X TA site :-)

One thing I noticed on these I hadn't before, is Complimentary Luggage Valet service in Royals and above.

One thing I noticed on these I hadn't before, is Complimentary Luggage Valet service in Royals and above.

I noticed it, which is quite nice, but it will only apply to so few sailings we do, it won't really matter to us, but I do think if it worked out, it IS nice to have!

We board in two weeks, but our return flight is 10:30a same day so no way I would trust the valet for that. Normally I would never fly in or out on the same day, but the schedule is such that if we can't get a flight in, we can just get in our car and drive and be there in 5 hours (Boston to NJ) and rent a one way car to get home.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I noticed it, which is quite nice, but it will only apply to so few sailings we do, it won't really matter to us, but I do think if it worked out, it IS nice to have!

We board in two weeks, but our return flight is 10:30a same day so no way I would trust the valet for that. Normally I would never fly in or out on the same day, but the schedule is such that if we can't get a flight in, we can just get in our car and drive and be there in 5 hours (Boston to NJ) and rent a one way car to get home.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I'm likely booking summit's August 31 sailing tomorrow. have a cabin on hold. 5 hour 45 minute drive from my home in Cleveland area to dropping off luggage. Found an inside GTY for $499, couldn't pass it up. :-) And a chance to use my Shareholders OBC since no other perks apply.

Check the link I posted in post #6. It says the dining room will be created form a space near the upper level of the main dining room. I imagine they will take space from the Select dining area on the side opposite BLU on M class ships, and just one of the Select Dining wings on the S Class.

It is rolling out to ALL X ships except Century, which ends its career with X in April 2015, and Xpedition, for obvious reasons.

All is now clear!

Thankyou

The document in post 6 has this question/answer:

When will renderings of the new Suite Class exclusive restaurant be available?

We anticipate May 2014.

Has anyone seen anything yet?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app