12 ounce sodas

kristy29

How much of a stickler are they about the 12 ounce rule? My boyfriend drinks low carb monsters, last cruise he got a little grumpy at the beginning of the week due to withdrawal, it was a cruise line that allows zero beverages be brought on board. Happy Carnival allows cans, but monster only comes in 16 ounce cans. Since we are allowed 24 12 ounce cans, if we brought 10 of the 16 ounce cans would they definitely be confiscated? Not trying to get around the rules but our total ounces would still be under the limit. We will still be buying beer and soda, this is just for this item because it's not something available on the ship.

unfortunately the answer is... it depends

if you get a nice person checking you in... they may allow it. technically its against the rules and people here have mentioned that there are times its taken away.

You can take it but be prepared to give it up if they decide to hold the letter of the rule

FYI

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Energy-Drink-Lo-Carb-12-Ounce/dp/B006IMBG70

We've brought the monster on every cruise we've been on since 2014 and we've cruised 8 times since June 2014 and never had a problem.

We have cruised out of Tampa, New Orleans, Jacksonville and Miami.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

u should be fine, last time i brought some in my rtic soft sided that i keep ice in the whole cruise. It was never opened the whole time during check in, just had to run through the scanner and nothing was said. Worst case, u just have to dump them.

Strict on can size ,you may have them taken away or you will have to carry them to your parked vehicle .

If he gets grumpy with withdrawal you may need to consider why is that happening. Not a good sign.

Strict on can size ,you may have them taken away or you will have to carry them to your parked vehicle .

If he gets grumpy with withdrawal you may need to consider why is that happening. Not a good sign.

Um, caffeine withdrawal......

Take coffee away from most people and they'd get grumpy too.

Oh and my car will be in PA 2000 miles away.....

Um, caffeine withdrawal......

Take coffee away from most people and they'd get grumpy too.

Oh and my car will be in PA 2000 miles away.....

Go ahead take up for him, he's addicted to caffeine :D. Some peoples kids.

We found 12-oz cans of Monster on Amazon. If he likes the few kinds they have that would solve the problem. While it seems logical that you are taking the same number of ounces, you might have it taken away (and not returned). Sometimes they don't even look but one cruise (Ft Lauderdale) the woman tried to tell us we couldn't bring bring our 12-oz Monsters. I guess she had been told NO MONSTERS because 99% of them are 16 oz. She went off to get a supervisor but meanwhile another guy who saw the whole thing laughed and waved us through.

I would not chance it with the 16oz unless you can't find another brand (rock star?) or the 12oz monsters. But of course you can try.

How much of a stickler are they about the 12 ounce rule? My boyfriend drinks low carb monsters, last cruise he got a little grumpy at the beginning of the week due to withdrawal, it was a cruise line that allows zero beverages be brought on board. Happy Carnival allows cans, but monster only comes in 16 ounce cans. Since we are allowed 24 12 ounce cans, if we brought 10 of the 16 ounce cans would they definitely be confiscated? Not trying to get around the rules but our total ounces would still be under the limit. We will still be buying beer and soda, this is just for this item because it's not something available on the ship.

Geez what problems.

Geez what problems.

Was this necessary? He's diabetic and can't just drink whatever is available because it has to be low carb. If it doesn't apply to you, move along, either don't read it or if you do don't be ******g rude.

12 oz times 12 cans = 144 oz

16 oz times 9 cans = 144oz

If he has his heart set on Monster, and 12 oz cans are not available, I would suggest trying to bring a maximum of 9 cans, but be prepared for a "no" answer. If my numbers are off, you get the idea :)

For what it is worth, I know they don't have Monster, but I thought the cruise line carries Red Bull or Rock Star or something. I am not sure if it is the lo-carb version. I know they have coffee, tea, and diet coke. Just in case that helps.

Edit: Apparently the FunShops carry sugar free Rock Star. It is an insane price, and not his brand, but just in case it helps...

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/Y44/rock-star-energy-drink-sugar-free

Another possible alternative is to buy the caffeinated water flavor enhancers. Keeps withdrawal at bay and there is no rule against it that I have found...I’m sure someone will point it out if there is one 🤪

I didn't think a diabetic and caffeine was a good mixture ? Is it ?[/quote

No but don't tell her that.shell flame you too.im diabetic and used to drink them but they do cause issues.but to each their own.the undertaker is the only one with job security.:evilsmile: