Epic. Drinking water.

Trickster999

Some of the the reviews complain about the cost of bottled water. At $7 it is a rip off, but IMHO there is no need to buy it. Each morning we took two sturdy plastic bottles ( which we won on the last cruise) up to breakfast and filled them with ice/water ( via a glass of course) When we breakfasted in taste we just gave the bottle to the waiter. Sorted.

Squish. We used the filled up bottles in our cabin for when we woke up parched in the night and also we took one ashore on our excursions. A glass of water was provided at dinner but when we were on deck we didn't drink water..... Concentrated on alcohol.

Some of the the reviews complain about the cost of bottled water. At $7 it is a rip off, but IMHO there is no need to buy it. Each morning we took two sturdy plastic bottles ( which we won on the last cruise) up to breakfast and filled them with ice/water ( via a glass of course) When we breakfasted in taste we just gave the bottle to the waiter. Sorted.

The ship's water is fine! For those wanting the convenience of "grab and go" water:

"Bottled Water Packages 24pack (1liter bottles) Hydrate yourself! Preorder Aquafina® bottles of water that will be delivered directly to your stateroom. A savings of over 55%"

At $70.94/case (after 18%) it's $2.96 per bottle... not quite so awful a price overall, if purchased for convenience during a port intensive Caribbean cruise.

We plan on bringing two Brita water bottles with us so we can fill them in our room and it will get rid of any tap water taste their may be .

People who have tried this say it is effective at filtering out the chlorine taste and smell. It's a good plan!

You can also have the cabin steward bring you a pitcher of filtered water. It will be the same as the filtered water served in the bars, restaurants and the buffet that we have always found to be fine. Or, use the filtered water at the buffet in the manner the OP describes.

The one liter Aquafina bottles are too big to lug around, in my opinion. You can get the 20 ounce bottles for $2.50 according to some posters here; while a more convenient size that is more costly than the price per ounce for the 1 liter bottles.

Yes we used the Brita filter bottles. We even did a blind taste test of the cabin water (the things you get up to on sea days...) and my partner much preferred the taste of the filtered water than the water straight out of the tap. So they do help.

Even the filtered ship's water has a different taste to me, but after filtering it is fine for my taste buds. It just tastes a bit flat. Or something. But not objectionable to me like the unfiltered water is. I may take a test kit with me on my next cruise to see what the chlorine level, pH and TDS readings are in the tap water.

Hi, I've just booked all my family on Epic next May half term from Barcelona😝 There will be 10 of us, so to help with my budget, my son & family( wife & 2 teenagers) will be in an inside family room, on deck 13. Does anyone out there have any info on these cabins please? I just wondered about the configuration of the beds as the 2 teenagers( boy 17, girl 13) are quite tall & I cant imagine they will be happy to have to share a bed!!!:eek::eek:

Hi, I've just booked all my family on Epic next May half term from Barcelona😝 There will be 10 of us, so to help with my budget, my son & family( wife & 2 teenagers) will be in an inside family room, on deck 13. Does anyone out there have any info on these cabins please? I just wondered about the configuration of the beds as the 2 teenagers( boy 17, girl 13) are quite tall & I cant imagine they will be happy to have to share a bed!!!:eek::eek:

and how is this tied into water?

You may want to start a new thread

they wont have to share a bed but everyone will share the bathroom and you can see through the glass.

• 10 months later...
Squish. We used the filled up bottles in our cabin for when we woke up parched in the night and also we took one ashore on our excursions. A glass of water was provided at dinner but when we were on deck we didn't drink water..... Concentrated on alcohol.

Nice!

Yes - we drink lots of water when it's warm and after drinking... We found the water in the buffet machines to be great (why no water bottle filling stations NCL?!?), but really didn't care for the water from the tap in the cabin...

Nice!

Yes - we drink lots of water when it's warm and after drinking... We found the water in the buffet machines to be great (why no water bottle filling stations NCL?!?), but really didn't care for the water from the tap in the cabin...

You are "nice"ing a post from a October 2016

And added my own relavent comments on the topic of the thread.

Sorry - how did your reply add value?

1. You should always start a new thread to avoid the people saying you are responding to an old thread.

2. But you should also always use "Search" and use an older thread instead of starting a new one.

Or, ignore all those people who add bytes but not value with their "free advice" and change your behavior only if an official Cruise Critic moderator contacts you.

1. You should always start a new thread to avoid the people saying you are responding to an old thread.

2. But you should also always use "Search" and use an older thread instead of starting a new one.

Or, ignore all those people who add bytes but not value with their "free advice" and change your behavior only if an official Cruise Critic moderator contacts you.

Sounds good - except I wasn't the one that bumped the old thread! I just added my comments to the already bumped thread...

I could have ignored the thread completely, but I thought I'd add my comments about the quality of the water on NCL ships.

Sounds good - except I wasn't the one that bumped the old thread! I just added my comments to the already bumped thread...

I could have ignored the thread completely, but I thought I'd add my comments about the quality of the water on NCL ships.

Just trying to

Make you conscious of the fact that you are responding to ("nice'ing") very old posts.

Lighten up, Francis.

I am confused as it says bottled water is included in premium drinks packages. Is this unlimited? is it only one bottle in your room? can you get a free bottle elsewhere and take it back to your room? If bottled water is available at all bars and included in the drinks package, whats the gripe?

I am confused as it says bottled water is included in premium drinks packages. Is this unlimited? is it only one bottle in your room? can you get a free bottle elsewhere and take it back to your room? If bottled water is available at all bars and included in the drinks package, whats the gripe?

No water included (other than the water discussed earlier - from the water dispensers). Perhaps you were looking at an old list? Bottled water wasn't included in 2016.

This is the link to the NCL "list": https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

To each there own.