Joy Offering 50% on second guest for Alaska. Why?

AusQueen

Curious why a new ship like Joy is offering the 50% off on the second guest for most of its cruises in Alaska. What's the catch? Are they having some work done on the ship then?

Hi! Just curious where you saw the 50% off offer for the second guest. We are preparing to book for Alaska July 2019 and would love to take advantage of this offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! Just curious where you saw the 50% off offer for the second guest. We are preparing to book for Alaska July 2019 and would love to take advantage of this offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On their site. Look for the ship - Joy and then look at the cruises with it. Here is the link ( hope it works). There are 2 routes of Alaska with Joy - both with 50% option.

https://www.ncl.com/au/en/vacations?ships=Norwegian_Joy

Curious why a new ship like Joy is offering the 50% off on the second guest for most of its cruises in Alaska. What's the catch? Are they having some work done on the ship then?

Where are you seeing this? I just searched ncl.com and didn't find any of Joy's sailings with 50% off.

Where are you seeing this? I just searched ncl.com and didn't find any of Joy's sailings with 50% off.

Here is the link.

The 2nd and 3rd cruise has the 50% option. It must be a recent addition because it is not in the list of the offers. A good deal !

They are only being offered on the early seasons sailings (before schools get out) trying to fill the ship with more of an adults only group. Later in the season when you have families and a lot more to do ashore is regilar price.

Btw: 50% off the second person, while common on other cruise lines, is not common on NCL.

On their site. Look for the ship - Joy and then look at the cruises with it. Here is the link ( hope it works). There are 2 routes of Alaska with Joy - both with 50% option.

Interesting.. The Australia facing site is showing those but the US site does not.

And there's a big catch... If you book the BOGO 50% off deal, you can't choose any Free At Sea offers... It's one or the other.

That’s no good! Thank you for sharing. I was getting excited but we’re drink package and speciality dining cruisers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s no good! Thank you for sharing. I was getting excited but we’re drink package and speciality dining cruisers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m no mathematician but I think one free fare to Alaska trumps any perk or perks.

It’s not just Alaska, NCL Australia list most cruises available as part of 50% off second passenger. It’s easy to do the sums versus the Free at Sea offer, and almost always for mine the 50% off comes out way better value.

I am looking at a 14 night cruise on the Pearl in 2019 in Europe and the difference for a B1 Balcony is around $2800. I wouldn’t drink that much in 14 days....

I’m no mathematician but I think one free fare to Alaska trumps any perk or perks.

I agree with this most especially if you are getting a suite or even a mini-suite. We have done one like this ( with a 50% off) a few years ago and it is a good deal even if you have to pay for your drinks package and internet during the entire cruise.

It’s not just Alaska, NCL Australia list most cruises available as part of 50% off second passenger. It’s easy to do the sums versus the Free at Sea offer, and almost always for mine the 50% off comes out way better value.

The NCL cruises around Australia is with the Jewel. I have realized why they are doing a 50% on that :( And its not only because of the competition Princess and RCL is giving them for the area.

The Joy in Alaska is new ballgame. A relatively new ship and in a region that is always expensive ( Alaska) - now thats a real bargain. This was why I am asking if there is a catch...LOL.

The NCL cruises around Australia is with the Jewel. I have realized why they are doing a 50% on that :( And its not only because of the competition Princess and RCL is giving them for the area.

The Joy in Alaska is new ballgame. A relatively new ship and in a region that is always expensive ( Alaska) - now thats a real bargain. This was why I am asking if there is a catch...LOL.

I was referencing NCL Australia, not Australia cruises. Most cruises through NCL Australia are offering the 50% off second passenger.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not available through NCL US site.

While somewhat related... RCCL has been incentivizing Aussie cruisers as well. On the Trans-Pacific crossing I did with them this year on the Explorer of the Seas, they offered a lot more deals to the Aussie folks compared to the USA market. I wasn't a happy camper but in this instance since you have to fly and that'll cost Aussies a pretty penny, the savings is a good thing! I would take the savings with the 50% offer and skip the "perks" but I don't drink that much anyway.

Btw: 50% off the second person, while common on other cruise lines, is not common on NCL.

Common sale on Royal, however it's a sham. The total price of the cabin at the pre-sale regular price somehow magically is the same at the BOGO price. They always jack up the "regular price" same as Macy's does.