Punchliner Brunch Question

fkfad

We are sailing on the Dream in February... I have a couple of questions about the punchliner brunch --

1) Is it offered on every ship (specifically, is it offered on the Dream)?

2) Is there a charge for attending?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply! That leads me to one more question -- do you need to make a reservation in advance in order to attend? If yes, where do you go to make the reservation?

No reservations required.

On the Miracle the MDR was maybe 50% full, we never had to wait to be seated.

EDIT: our ship sailed approx 50% full (hurricane Sandy) so maybe not the best example. We've never really had to wait at MDR before so I assume there wouldnt be a wait time unless you wanted a table for 2 or similar request.

No reservations required. They just appear in the dining room at the top of the hour and "perform" for about 5 to 10 minutes. It really is not a full performance - more of an intro to their evening performances. They have to make this family-friendly in the dining room, so not an unleashed performance like you would find with the evening performances in the various venues that they normally perform.

To be honest it is not much of a show, and more about taking the "mick" out of some unsuspecting person(s) who are in the dining room.

More of a nuisance to the flow on dining room service.

No reservations required. They just appear in the dining room at the top of the hour and "perform" for about 5 to 10 minutes. It really is not a full performance - more of an intro to their evening performances. They have to make this family-friendly in the dining room, so not an unleashed performance like you would find with the evening performances in the various venues that they normally perform.

To be honest it is not much of a show, and more about taking the "mick" out of some unsuspecting person(s) who are in the dining room.

Many seats do not even permit you to see the comedian. Did it twice on Dream once we saw him and once we did not. Food is good, comedian for a few minutes is rather a waste.

We asked for two of the large Foster (750ml) beers unopened so I could enjoy them at my leisure during the cruise. On the Miracle just go to brunch on a sea day in the restaurant and don't expect a great menu or entertainment and you won't be disappointed. Its all free.

I agree... Don't go for the "show", but do go for the food. The tomato soup was fantastic and the steak and eggs was very good.

One tip... If you want a bloody mary (free with your drink coupon or paid), get it from the bloody mary bar at the entrance. The bartender there will customize it to your liking. If you order from the bar server in the dining room you get the standard bloody mary mix.

We were on the 12/9 sailing of the Splendor. It was the first week they offered it on the Splendor. There was a line most of the time, about a 10 min wait. Service was slow, the waiters did not really know the menu yet. We loved the food.

The Comedian's Were only there for 5 min tops, one did not even tell any jokes, just asked where some cruisers were from.

We went to some of the comedy shows and the two guys we saw were very good, so there time in the MDR was kind of a waste.

Here is a link to the menu.

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/PunchlinerBrunchMenupdf.ashx

On the Breeze TA there was never a wait. It's open from 9:00 to 1:00 so there may be times that you would have to wait, but probably not too long. I usually got there about 9:30 - 10:00. There is a two-sided menu, one with breakfast-type items and the other more like lunch. All the food I had there was very good and the service was excellent. The comedians did a 5 minute gig every hour or so but it really didn't add much to the brunch experience.

We were also on the Splendor sailing 12-9. It was the first Punchliner Brunch on the ship. Crew confused and extremely slow. Heard this from several people we sailed with as well. Not impressed with the food selections at all. The morning we went there were lines from the dining room all the way back to the shore excursion desk all the time.

I don't see Steak and Eggs listed on this menu, was there another food cutback :confused:

its there.;)

carne y huevos*-When it comes to brunch, go big or go home. Well, you can’t go home, so you might as well go big.

Dig into a filet mignon, topped with 2 fried eggs and béarnaise, grilled tomato and home fries.

On our T-Day Liberty cruise, we had Huevos Rancheros (shredded chicken), I had Steak and Eggs (yum) and a Long Island Ice Tea (with the drink coupon) which was tasty as well. My DH enjoyed his Punchliner Bloody Mary. The pop overs were so good!

Have a great cruise!

Maybe it was because it was a new menu to us but we probably enjoyed the food at the Punchliners Brunch more than any other food on the ship.

I second the poster who said the tomato soup is excellent. It is very similar to the roasted red pepper tomato soup from the old Chef's Table menu. It was hot, creamy and had just enough spice to keep it interesting. I also tried the steak and eggs and once had an egg white omelet - loaded - that was excellent. The fresh fruit is a nice arrangement of fruits including kiwi and pineapple.

And the Bloody Mary's at the bar where you can customize them were great and a lot larger than the ones I've ordered elsewhere on the ship.

Archived