Celebrity Summit - Will ALL Staterooms undergo the Revolution?

PinkSandGirl

They’re not converting the balconies on the M & S classes to infinite balconies are they? Just upgrading the cabins?

Think the trial one they have put on Connie is for the Edge infinite cabins ;).

Found this which I think still shows a normal balcony.

https://celebritycruises.com.au/news/celebrity-cruises-unveils-celebrity-revolution/

Yes, what I meant is that the Edge infinite cabin prototype is on Connie (with the infinite balcony). There is a photo on CC on another thread. It’s the last Concierge port cabin I believe. I’ll look and see if I can post the link.

Edited by villauk

Fingers crossed they don’t. But at least I have until 2023 if they do

The chairs don’t look comfortable and the balcony doesn’t look very deep. I wonder how hot these balconies will be. You won’t get the same airflow as you do above and below the present dividers. Is there some kind of safety sensor on the exterior “railing” window when it moves up and down? How do you close the folding doors if you want to sit on “the balcony” and keep the cabin air conditioned? I’d love to get feedback from anyone who has stayed in this room.

The chairs don’t look comfortable and the balcony doesn’t look very deep. I wonder how hot these balconies will be. You won’t get the same airflow as you do above and below the present dividers. Is there some kind of safety sensor on the exterior “railing” window when it moves up and down? How do you close the folding doors if you want to sit on “the balcony” and keep the cabin air conditioned? I’d love to get feedback from anyone who has stayed in this room.

I prefer connecting balconies. This new type of balcony does not appear to be able to be connecting. We shall see. I agree, those chairs look ridiculous. They appear to be folding chairs (back bottom cross bars). Currently, M-class ship balconies are smaller and from my research, most do not seem to be connecting. I have only sailed S-class ships and having the balcony dividers opened is the first thing we ask our cabin attendant. I cruise with family and friends and we always get cabins in a line. The feature of not all being connecting on the Summit is one of the things that makes me hesitant to book. I know it's a small thing, but when you like something, you like it. I sailed years ago on ships that balcony dividers couldn't be opened, but now that they do...I am spoiled with that option.

It will be interesting to see what the new cabins after going through the Revolution will look like. Hopefully they took all of the good aspects from the S-class and worked them into the new design. :)

I'm confused - will the balconies on Summit stay as they are? Or become Infinite balconies like on the Edge?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not sure. There is a prototype someone showed on this thread that was put on one of the Millennium Class ships recently. Is it just to show the concept for those that will sail on the Edge and/or to show they will also be on other ships. ??? I don't know if it can be confirmed that the infinite verandas will actually appear on the Millennium class after the Revolution.

Edited by PinkSandGirl
Additional Comment

• 6 months later...
On 5/25/2018 at 4:30 PM, WonderMan3 said:

I don’t think all staterooms are being updated save for perhaps on bedding. If you look at the info from Celebrity they list specific categories that are being overhauled.fa4ad0c8470efab486345698c087e4b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A part of me likes the Nine Inch Nails looking artwork and colors in this room, at least there's more variation with browns like Viking O.  Some have questioned the quality of the furniture, remains to be seen.  My only issue is the lack of storage, and from this angle you can see that the nightstands have been cut down to 1 drawer, down from 4.

34 minutes ago, The Retiree said:

This is the latest link for the Revolution. On page 22/23 at the bottom is the schedule for Edgifying.....

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/3c2d5926#/3c2d5926/22

still trying to find out if the Sky Lounge is being forsaken for The Retreat. I would be grateful for any feedback. Thanks.

The Retreat will be located on deck 12 at the front of the ship - Millennium class ships. The sky lounge will not be forsaken.

There will be 13 additional Aqua class cabins on deck 10, replacing part of the Aqua spa area.

Additional inside cabins will be located in the area that was used for the library

• 2 weeks later...

On the thread covering the Millennium upgrade, it's been clarified that the Rooftop Terrace is not being replaced by the Retreat Sundeck. The Sundeck will actually be placed on deck 12 forward, where there's a mostly unused public space.

• Like 1

@Aralim is correct.   You can compare the Millennium floor plans at the link below.   To see the new deckplans you need to select the date top right corner.   Also been quite a bit of discussion that the AFT C1's will only accommodate 2 PAX after the upgrade instead of 3. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-millennium

You may want to stop by this thread  lots of pictures of what to expect and the latest pictures of Millennium as she is being completed.   It is obvious from the pictures after being painted that they will not be replacing regular cabins with IV's.   Some have suggested that it would be impossible due to structure of the M-Class.  The one IV on Summit was Full AFT and may be structurally different than others. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi!  Just an update to my Original Question:  Will ALL Staterooms undergo the Revolution?   ANSWER: YES, all of the Summit staterooms and bathrooms were completely redone when it was in dry dock.  There are pictures and videos out there that show the improvements.  The ship also had a face lift in many areas of the ship.  :classic_smile: