Carnival Breeze B2B review with 107 photos & 11 videos

Spaniel Lover

THANK YOU! I'll be sailing CCL Breeze on January 30 :)

I'm a long time RCCL (balcony) and NCL (Haven) cruiser but wanted a less expensive

vacation and booked a spa balcony cabin. Leaving boys at home and sailing with my mom who will be 70 and my dd-22. I'm sending your review to my mom, since she is actually taking my dd and I on this trip. She is a princess and would never want me to suggest CCL but I had read good reviews, better on the wallet and she agreed. Your review is exactly what she needs to read :)

Thank you, too, for the Fun Times. We are on an 8 day and although our ports are the same, they are a little different but I can get an idea of times for comedy shows, etc.

We are all beach people too. We will be coming from freezing New York and wanted to be out in the sun. I had planned on us being on the ship in San Juan but cannot find anything to do in Grand Turk. I just want a beach day. Was originally going to do Bohio Beach Club Resort but they do not rent umbrellas to day guests, which is just silly since I would be there all day eating and drinking. They rent loungers but not umbrellas? Go figure.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I do not want to sit at the beach staring at the ship though. I would like to get in a taxi and go someplace a little less crowded.

I made reservations at the Steak House and the Italian restaurants. My dd doesn't really like Italian but wanted to give both a try. My dd and I would benefit from the drink package but it is a shame all in the cabin must purchase since it would be lost on my mom. We get the drink package on NCL but it comes with our purchase since we stay in the Haven along with the specialty restaurants and on RCCL not all need to purchase. Hope CCL changes it before January....a girl could dream, can't she LOL

Did you use the spa much? We currently have a hotel booked at the Marriott Marquis (usually stay at Intercontinental but wanted something different) but you are the second review that is a frequent cruiser that enjoyed HI, Bay View (I think JaminJim was the other review I read that had that hotel). I need to compare prices.

Thank you so much for taking the time for helping me! I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the review, we are going on her Dec 5th the same 8 day that you did. Sorry to hear the band will be leaving then. Once on the Conquest we had a great band, spent every night listening to them. Missed everything else.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

these are some great photos. My wife and I will be on he Breeze in September we always take thousands of pictures and videos. we have a special container like you get at Walmart that is large and holds all our vacation books and photos, and stuff we have our regular digital camera and an underwater camera that can go to 33 feet under water it takes great photos under water really enjoyed your photos and videos

Really loved your review!

Just a couple quick questions. Do you have to take the Trolley to the forts in San Juan Puerto Rico, or can you walk?

Does the Trolley have a lot of stops?

Thank you!

The reason I ask is because we are going to San Juan soon, for the first time. I've always wanted to see the forts.

Edited by clarkg

Really loved your review!

Just a couple quick questions. Do you have to take the Trolley to the forts in San Juan Puerto Rico, or can you walk?

Does the Trolley have a lot of stops?

Thank you!

The reason I ask is because we are going to San Juan soon, for the first time. I've always wanted to see the forts.

You can absolutely walk to both forts.

Just make sure if you walk along the water to el morro to enter the old city through the red gate along the way.

The water walk, while nice, takes you to a deadend place below the fort with no access.

Loved the forts and the walk was the way to go.

You can absolutely walk to both forts.

Just make sure if you walk along the water to el morro to enter the old city through the red gate along the way.

The water walk, while nice, takes you to a deadend place below the fort with no access.

Loved the forts and the walk was the way to go.

Thanks.

I had a VERY similar problem. In two weeks, I only made it to ONE comedy show in the Punchliner! I was so in to what The Run For Cover Band was doing that I just never had the time to get to another comedy show. Usually on a B2B we start running out of things to do during the second week, but we were so entertained by the band that we never had a dull evening the entire time.

Other people have suggested that to me, too... and I've looked in to it a little bit, but here's my dilemma. My cruises tend to be one of three types...

1. I want to get away for as LONG as possible. This Carnival Breeze B2B was a good example of that. OK, so if I'm in the mood for a two week cruise, it's pretty much got to be Carnival because I really need to keep the price from getting outrageous. I'm doubling the number of days, so the per day price needs to stay low... which is Carnival's strongest point.

2. I want to have the most amazing possible cruise, and I don't care how much it's going to cost me. I will splurge on this cruise, but therefore it can't be any longer than 7 days. When this is my frame of mind, I going to book myself in to The Haven on Norwegian Cruise Line. It's AMAZING. And correct me if I'm wrong, but to do the equivalent ship-within-a-ship VIP experience on Celebrity... I think that would be a LOT more expensive. It seems like I can get the big VIP cruise experience from Norwegian without completely breaking the bank.

3. Money is a little tight, but I want to do a cruise. The cost has to stay very low, but I must cruise! Get me on a cruise ship, but cheap! Well, that's definitely a Carnival. :)

Brilliant review, and I am going to look up your previous trips. We did the Breeze inaugural in The Med back in 2012.

We are sailing on the Vista this September with some folks we met on board, plus others who we met on the Magic in 2011 and Legend 2013.

Regarding sailing with Celebrity , we thought much the same as you, until we tried one last March on the Equinox, we thought we needed a change, just to see what they had to offer. Well we loved it, and with the free drinks package and OBC it didn't work out much different than a Carnival cruise.

It was 10 nights and there were three new ports that we hadn't been to before.

Give em a try, we are booked again with Celebrity for 2017, although we still love the Carnival product.

Edited by bluwes

best review I have read yet. You need your own TV show and magazine. Nice work!

So true...so many magnanimous gifts of knowledge and humor on the whole process and great ideas for those who want different things at different times on a reasonable splurge for said desires at each time. Thanks again Jim and my dad is Jim...LOL..81..me 56.

Now I am thinking he may really like this Miracle one..loves the SW and Mexico things..we could be safe and find him safe adventures...I prefer seeing more of Caribbean and Hawaii...and Alaska finally. But he has done 2 Alaska cruises and maybe too sad since last one was right before mom left us. Just love being updated on the music being good enough, the humor which would be new to him...he loves those birds...expense wise and time travel wise..this could be it..still aiming for this..a cruise with dad...thanks so. Now even with sciatica he has skied 2 times and is going down the canyon on a mule....sigh...this March...he is awesome but he is weaker,,,and..we are dong these things with more and more sanity and wisdom. The hill lets people 80 and over have a 10 dollar pass to go and ski 3 runs or so here...it is perfect and so earned by dad.

WOOPS....the Miracle review is now up and thought I was adding to this one but most here can extrapolate to next one...your details dove tail and are so helpful and current.

Edited by sjn911

• 3 weeks later...

Thoroughly enjoyed your review (I've read most of yours! All excellent)!! My husband and I were on the 9/20/15 Breeze sailing for our 5th anniversary. We were right down the hall from you guys in balcony cabin 11250. Great cabin and awesome cruise!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...