Britannia Restaurant Seating Guide?

Vegas-Voyager

Greetings fellow Cruise Critic fans and members...

I have been searching for an updated seating guide for the Britannia aboard QM2. Years ago I know in the cabin you would receive a table assignment and a diagram of the entire floor you were seated on (lower level vs. upper). On that diagram were all the table numbers and seating sizes.

I had success in the past placing a request for a series of table numbers based on the size of my party on past voyages through my travel agent and got really great table assignments. Fast forward nearly a decade and I have both lost those table cards and know that with the addition of the club restaurant, I'm sure numbers have changed. If anyone has an image of the table numbers for both upper and lower level I would be most grateful.

Not a huge deal either way, but hey, it never hurts to ask. :):)

Calm seas to you all!

We were aboard last August in QE (Britannia Restaurant) and I don't recall any such diagram... we had a reservation card with the table number only. And went to the dining room shortly after embarkation (it was not open of course for lunch) and had to ask a steward to show us the location. The maitre d's of course have a detailed diagram, table nos. but I rather doubt you could get hold of one of those.

We were aboard last August in QE (Britannia Restaurant) and I don't recall any such diagram... we had a reservation card with the table number only. And went to the dining room shortly after embarkation (it was not open of course for lunch) and had to ask a steward to show us the location. The maitre d's of course have a detailed diagram, table nos. but I rather doubt you could get hold of one of those.

Yeah, I have a feeling they have done away with them. Wishful thinking on my end.

The thread here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1451478 shows the card from 2011, numbers are not visible and I'm sure table placement has changed.

Anyhow, thanks for the insight!

Yeah, I have a feeling they have done away with them. Wishful thinking on my end.

The thread here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1451478 shows the card from 2011, numbers are not visible and I'm sure table placement has changed.

Anyhow, thanks for the insight!

Yeah, it has been awhile since Cunard provided those Britannia restaurant reservation cards with the table layout diagrams on them. The last card I happen to have like that is from 2010. On our next Cunard voyage in 2012, the reservation card did not contain a table layout diagram.

Yeah, it has been awhile since Cunard provided those Britannia restaurant reservation cards with the table layout diagrams on them. The last card I happen to have like that is from 2010. On our next Cunard voyage in 2012, the reservation card did not contain a table layout diagram.

Thanks.

As others have said, you get your table number on a card in your cabin when you board. On the first evening everyone is shown to their table when they present said card. On subsequent nights, if you can't recall your table's location/you get lost, a waiter will assist you in finding it.

I'd also imagine that the table layouts and numbering may change from cruise to cruise. I'm not sure about that, it's just a guess.

As others have said, you get your table number on a card in your cabin when you board. On the first evening everyone is shown to their table when they present said card. On subsequent nights, if you can't recall your table's location/you get lost, a waiter will assist you in finding it.

I'd also imagine that the table layouts and numbering may change from cruise to cruise. I'm not sure about that, it's just a guess.

Believe the restaurant seating plan is computer generated per cruise. Takes into consideration the "spread" of PAX and the wait staff workload.

Addendum.

Understand the "VIP/Officers" seating section for invited guests remains not effected by the computer program.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
addendum

There is a seating plan, with the table numbers rarely changing. maître d' has too work from a plan.

I have a copy but will try and post here, I do not understand how to post within the message or to get it clearer and better.

782897755_IMG_7152copy.jpeg.8abcce7e9fc92c54c8bb6f2dcfa3b678.jpeg

There is a seating plan, with the table numbers rarely changing. maître d' has too work from a plan.

I have a copy but will try and post here, I do not understand how to post within the message or to get it clearer and better.

I love these boards.

Thanks for sharing.

The tables for two on the upper level along the stairs, what are those table numbers? I can’t make them out.

Thanks again!

Pennbank, great job downloading the image. We board the QM2 a week from Sunday. I've downloaded your image to my phone and will do a quick spot check to see if there have been any significant changes. I'm sure there is always some tweaking that goes on over the years as demographics change but we will see.

Thanks again.

Thank you for posting the plan, but one was told by a MD this is the basis from which tables for 2,4,6,8 etc are "moved". For example a 4 can be converted into 2x2, and so on, each receiving a number. But happy to be converted by those better informed.

Thank you for posting the plan, but one was told by a MD this is the basis from which tables for 2,4,6,8 etc are "moved". For example a 4 can be converted into 2x2, and so on, each receiving a number. But happy to be converted by those better informed.

I said there is a plan, from which they work from. If tables are moved they are re numbered within the constraints of the original plan. They do not deviate that much. The plan shown is really the blue print from which "one" works from. If you e mail the Restaurant and ask for a specified table, The maître d' will work from that plan and will assist when possible. Thats what I have found anyway.

Edited by Pennbank

I said there is a plan, from which they work from. If tables are moved they are re numbered within the constraints of the original plan. They do not deviate that much. The plan shown is really the blue print from which "one" works from .

Thank you. Now the OP can suggest one or two table positions for their next trip. Hopefully the MD will allocate.

Thank you. Now the OP can suggest one or two table positions for their next trip. Hopefully the MD will allocate.

It worked before. Never hurts to ask. How many people request a table by number? Cunard can care less who sits where.

Anyhow, thanks again everyone. Always fun to share here on the boards!

One change you may encounter is that they seat more diners at the larger tables. Last year we were at an 8-top (I think #44) shown on the plan and there were 10 or 11 of us seated there.

Number of chairs at a table wouldn’t have any impact but thanks for the note.

Does anyone have the email for the maitre d on Queen Mary 2. Could you please let me know. Thanks.

I have done a search on CC and many posts say "emailed maitre d" but they do not mention email address. There was one from 2012 but it must have changed as it was returned undelivered.

Thanks for any help.

Does anyone have the email for the maitre d on Queen Mary 2. Could you please let me know. Thanks.

I have done a search on CC and many posts say "emailed maitre d" but they do not mention email address. There was one from 2012 but it must have changed as it was returned undelivered.

Thanks for any help.

I had my emails forwarded to the maitre d via my Cunard Cruise Consultant.

The requests used to be picked up by the Britannia Restaurant about a week before the embarkation date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, rsquare said:

Here is the lower floor, photographed in 2016 at the maitre d's station when he was momentarily absent. Sorry about the glare at the top.

Britannia Tables 2016.pdf

That plan is not 100% accurate we have just returned from Roundtrip TA last week and we had a table for 2 on lower level table 106. But where tables 104 to 112 there was an extra row of tables for 2.