How will Harmony be different from Oasis & Allure?

I know that the Harmony will have water slides (and the Oasis & Allure may get them as well). Other than different entertainment shows, does anyone know of any major differences planned for the Harmony - (other than higher prices because it will be the newest in the Oasis class). Will it have a Boardwalk and Central Park?

I know that the Harmony will have water slides (and the Oasis & Allure may get them as well). Other than different entertainment shows, does anyone know of any major differences planned for the Harmony - (other than higher prices because it will be the newest in the Oasis class). Will it have a Boardwalk and Central Park?

Yes.

Possibly the new aft suites (decks 11-12-14), will be designed a little better, ie, more head height for the shower, since they can start these from scratch instead of working with existing spaces uch as putting the plumbing in the floor instead of building on top. Perhaps they will look more like the lower deck Aquasuites. Gerry

Harmony will be slightly larger with more staterooms.

She will have the Bionic Bar, and Dynamic Dining should be in full swing by the time she debuts (who knows when that'll start up on the Oasis and Allure). Yes, she will have a Boardwalk and Central Park.

Possibly the new aft suites (decks 11-12-14), will be designed a little better, ie, more head height for the shower, since they can start these from scratch instead of working with existing spaces uch as putting the plumbing in the floor instead of building on top. Perhaps they will look more like the lower deck Aquasuites. Gerry

That shower issue is way overblown. I visited one of the cabins on 12 and it looked fine to me. BTW, I'm just under 6-2 and based on my observations in the elevators, I'm generally as tall or taller than most passengers. ;)

That shower issue is way overblown. I visited one of the cabins on 12 and it looked fine to me. BTW, I'm just under 6-2 and based on my observations in the elevators, I'm generally as tall or taller than most passengers. ;)

Glad to hear that John. Just thought the plumbing had to be put under a false floor and that is why the shorter ceiling height. We have 11330 for August 22. At 5'11', definitely should not be a problem anyway . Wonder if anyone has been in them to report since the "infamous" shower door removal and plastic curtain replacement ? Thanks Gerry

Glad to hear that John. Just thought the plumbing had to be put under a false floor and that is why the shorter ceiling height. We have 11330 for August 22. At 5'11', definitely should not be a problem anyway . Wonder if anyone has been in them to report since the "infamous" shower door removal and plastic curtain replacement ? Thanks Gerry

I was in 11330 in April with the plastic curtain. There was a small glass panel and the curtain. It was fine..a little dumb, but it didn't bother me.

Don't get me wrong, it is shorter because of what you mention, but I think it would suit me fine. I guess I should have asked if I could really try it out. :p

She will have the Bionic Bar, and Dynamic Dining should be in full swing by the time she debuts (who knows when that'll start up on the Oasis and Allure). Yes, she will have a Boardwalk and Central Park.

She's having a bionic bar? Haven't heard that one, where's that going to go?

In place of the Champagne Bar.

I'll be honest, good idea and bad idea, from what I read champagne bar is a good place for peace and quiet, whereas on Lady Q, Bionic Bar is the noisiest of them all

I'll be honest, good idea and bad idea, from what I read champagne bar is a good place for peace and quiet, whereas on Lady Q, Bionic Bar is the noisiest of them all

These are my thoughts as well. Yes, Bionic Bar is a cool thing to have onboard, but IMO, should not have replaced the Champagne Bar.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

This is my thoughts as well. Yes, Bionic Bar is a cool thing to have onboard, but IMO, should not have replaced the Champagne Bar.

Where Cupcake Cupboard was would have been better. Nobody on Quantum seemed to sit and hang about at the Bionic Bar so there's no need for such a huge space

Where Cupcake Cupboard was would have been better. Nobody on Quantum seemed to sit and hang about at the Bionic Bar so there's no need for such a huge space

Cupcake Cupboard would be no good for Bionic Bar because the Pub and the Schooner Bar would be too close it.

The Champagne Bar has no other bar right beside it.

This is my thoughts as well. Yes, Bionic Bar is a cool thing to have onboard, but IMO, should not have replaced the Champagne Bar.

Not so sure. It was a neat thing to see in action once or twice on Q, but the novelty wore off for me. It might be different now, but the bionic arm was out of service quite often ...

Cupcake Cupboard would be no good for Bionic Bar because the Pub and the Schooner Bar would be too close it.

The Champagne Bar has no other bar right beside it.

I don't see how that would be a problem. They are both very different bars, and Schooner is one floor above. Bionic Bar would be a novelty which would be a great "display" for the Promenade where as the pub is more the traditional sitting venue. Besides that, the Bionic Bar only serves cocktails which the Pub doesn't.

I don't see how that would be a problem. They are both very different bars, and Schooner is one floor above. Bionic Bar would be a novelty which would be a great "display" for the Promenade where as the pub is more the traditional sitting venue. Besides that, the Bionic Bar only serves cocktails which the Pub doesn't.

Pub has a singer, Schooner Bar has piano player/singer, Bionic Bar has music too....so that would be three different kinds of music in very close proximity.

More pricey ... even MORE cabins ... Grab your ankles, take a breath and grit your teeth folks .... RC gonna stick it to you again for the "privilege" ... enjoyyyyy. :rolleyes:

Edited by F27TW

Pub has a singer, Schooner Bar has piano player/singer, Bionic Bar has music too....so that would be three different kinds of music in very close proximity.

If you've sailed on Quantum you'd know that the Bionic Bar would drown out both of those even in the Champagne Bar position

If you've sailed on Quantum you'd know that the Bionic Bar would drown out both of those even in the Champagne Bar position

Yes I have been on Quantum, I was on her Maiden Voyage from Southampton.

I do not seen any problem at all with the Bionic Bar being where the Champagne bar is on Oasis & Allure.

Not so sure. It was a neat thing to see in action once or twice on Q, but the novelty wore off for me. It might be different now, but the bionic arm was out of service quite often ...
My thoughts exactly. Last month it did seem to work most of the time, but early in the week it was very empty. They added a DJ there the last couple of days then the place turned a bit livelier.

The cost of that would have been better invested in more crew members.

These are my thoughts as well. Yes, Bionic Bar is a cool thing to have onboard, but IMO, should not have replaced the Champagne Bar.

People are never satisfied no matter what they do.

Rising Tide would get hit from both sides