uk call center rates - 2hrs call still not sorted

OK what am I being charged for phoning 0844 4934070 I was on today for 2 hrs (last week was on for 1hr 10mins)

Names were wrong and deposit had not been transfered

Now on the phone I found the invoice is also now wrong (and although she could see it was different to the one sent to me she could not fix it today) and they have LOST my bought OBC (£300)

They can't sort today so need to call back Monday - I want to charge them for my time and the price of the call if not free.

Can any help with cost of the call.

OK what am I being charged for phoning 0844 4934070 I was on today for 2 hrs (last week was on for 1hr 10mins)

Now on the phone I found the invoice is also now wrong (and although she could see it was different to the one sent to me she could not fix it today) and they have LOST my bought OBC (£300)

They can't sort today so need to call back Monday - I want to charge them for my time and the price of the call if not free.

0843 and 0844

How much do calls cost? Calls are charged between 1p and 13p per minute for landline customers, plus a call set-up fee. Calls from mobile phones are typically charged between 5p and 41p per minute, depending on the provider and the number called.

Source - Ofcom - http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/how-much-does-a-phone-call-really-cost/

This also happened to me. It took 1 month to get the names sorted then last December I amended our flights and after that they kept sending me the invoice with the old flights on. It has took 4 months (December till April) and lots of phone calls and emails to finally get the new invoice sent.

I was told last Sunday that I would get a call back last Tuesday to discuss some form of compensation/goodwill and this still has not happened so I'm going to have to call them back yet again.

I'm not a happy bunny!

Use 0800 0182020 (free phone) and goes through the different options.

Used it a couple of times in the last couple of weeks on new booking then ringing back to sort out my new booking OBS.

Edited by sky0000547

Try 0800 018 2020

Edited by little britain

If calling from the UK definitely use the 0800 free phone option.

BT charges are actually quite complex and a 0844 49--- number will cost 15p just to set up the call and then 5.105p per minute for the call. .

The connection from the UK then goes to the Xerox operated outsourced call center in Guatemala for the UK

When calling from wherever I am in the world I have started calling the land line to Oregon directly to Crown and Anchor. While they can not do new bookings there, they can take care of many other details on a directly booked reservation. I typically use Skype to reach them to avoid local charges.

Contact them at

+1 541-285-9723

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUs.do

I have put a complaint in- but after nearly 2 weeks haven't had a reply. 4 hours on phone about 1 cruise- nearly 2 hours just to book then:

names wrong

address wrong

missing c and a numbers

OBC wrong

no drinks package added

I always use the free phone number. The problem is that the Guatemalan staff are mostly rubbish. They never seem to be able to sort anything out immediately. Perseverance is the order of the day, I'm afraid.

We have numerous problems and had to email and call on many occasions. The free phone number is best I think. You could wait for weeks to get a response otherwise.

The service is not of a high standard, but at least by using the freephone number it is only your time you are spending, and not lots of money!

Where is the UK call centre located nowadays? Looks like the customer service is badly in need of improvement.....

The Nordic call centre was recently relocated to Amsterdam, but with no change in the level of customer service, which I have always found to be excellent

Where is the UK call centre located nowadays? Looks like the customer service is badly in need of improvement.....

The Nordic call centre was recently relocated to Amsterdam, but with no change in the level of customer service, which I have always found to be excellent

When you call a UK number you will be speaking to an agent from Guatemala.

Has anyone ever emailed the chief executive? Would this help speed things up? Xx

I have emailed Adam Goldstein twice about 'Guatamala'.

I don't think they realise just how bad the service really is:eek::eek:

Hi from Australia I had a similar problem, emailed Miami telling them I was going to cancel booking as couldn't get a straight answer from the call centre low and behold had a call from the Sydney office that I didn't think existed anymore everything sorted :mad: definitely shouldn't have got to that tho

I have emailed Adam Goldstein twice about 'Guatamala'.

I don't think they realise just how bad the service really is:eek::eek:

I think I will need to try this. To be honest I don't think it will make a difference but the more complaints he receives about this the more likely the issue will get looked into hopefully.

Hi from Australia I had a similar problem, emailed Miami telling them I was going to cancel booking as couldn't get a straight answer from the call centre low and behold had a call from the Sydney office that I didn't think existed anymore everything sorted :mad: definitely shouldn't have got to that tho

I think I might give this a try just to see if it gets me anywhere.

I emailed Adam Goldstein direct last October after terrible non-service from the call centre. I'd been waiting 2 months for a refund of nearly £900 - and then they kept saying I was only owed £700. I sent the email to him in the morning and by the end of the day I'd received a telephone call from a representative of his in his Miami office. She was very apologetic and helpful, and I had my refund within 3 days.

Edited by Mim Lloyd

The 0800 number for the UK doesn't always work.

The 0844 number is a rip off.

If you go onto the RCCL UK facebook page, you can post up a complaint there and you should get a facebook message asking for a contact number. Provide one and eventually you should get a call from a UK based person (01932 number). Get their name and number and make a note of it. Use it for all future calls about your cruise.

Or write to the UK office.

Guest Relations

Royal Caribbean International

Building 3

The Heights

Brooklands

Weybridge

Surrey

KT13 0NY

Not to sugar coat things, and not a turn of phrase I would normally use, but the UK/Irish customer service sucks donkey bollix. It's the only way to describe it.

The Irish freephone sales number (you know, the number you call to hand over bundles of cash to them) hasn't been working for mobile phones for at least 6 months at this stage. Their suggestion of trying from a landline is not very useful, as I, along with many of my contemporaries, don't have a landline, as it's 2015.

The people handling the UK twitter account seem to be incapable of understanding that the UK and Ireland are different countries. The Irish website will magically switch currencies without any warning (and not in the customer's favour).

On the rare occasion that I've spoken to someone in Guatamala I've had no particular complaints about how things were handled, I'm just seriously peeved at the UK office itself. Particularly when you realise how much they're gouging us in comparison to other countries.

Using a VPN tunnel and incognito browsing, I compared the cost of the exact same cabin on the exact same cruise booking it through the Irish website and the US website simultaneously. Booking through the Irish site cost over $700 more than booking it through the US website. Nothing can justify that discrepancy - not sales tax (VAT), ABTA or hedge rates, or any combination of all 3. There were no "special" offers in Ireland (such as "free" drink packages) that would explain the difference either.

If you question Royal about it they just say that the UK is a separate office and can do whatever they please. Looks like I'll be moving to America before making my next booking.

Edited by Thoie