Reuben's on Eurodam

Niagarawine

So easy to make one, if they have the saurkraut and corned beef.. Ask. when in lido.........

Funny i just bought some pastrami and will make myself f a Rueben this weekend. Be a wonderrful wife adn make one for you D.H. :)

I didn't like them either. Too much sauerkraut, not enough meat.

Thnaks, I was going to ask how one could possibly ruin a reuben. A first grader can make one but too much sauerkraut will do it. It is such a strong flavor, it can overpower the meat and cheese.

Thnaks, I was going to ask how one could possibly ruin a reuben. A first grader can make one but too much sauerkraut will do it. It is such a strong flavor, it can overpower the meat and cheese.

Lido -- some had too much sauerkraut -- others had too much dressing -- which is not the Russian dressing that DH gets at one restaurant at home. HAL uses their version of Thousand Island.

Lido -- some had too much sauerkraut -- others had too much dressing -- which is not the Russian dressing that DH gets at one restaurant at home. HAL uses their version of Thousand Island.

KK...I know what you mean. The proper dressing is the Russian dressing I used to find in deli's in Bosto. Used on my fave. Roast beef and Swiss on an onion roll! [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK...I know what you mean. The proper dressing is the Russian dressing I used to find in deli's in Boston. Used on my fave. Roast beef and Swiss on an onion roll! [emoji7]M ost of Boston Delis (Jack and Mafions, kKen's ) are closed,. I have n been substituiung Goya brand , mayo, ketchup sauce, comes in a small botlle for the russian dressing and I like it. :) I even found it on amazon b ut most groceries usually have it.

I'm on m y last bottle and have to get more. :)

I'm on m y last bottle and have to get more. :)

Goya makes a Russian dressing? I will check that out. Thanks!

Used to love ❤️ Jack and Marions; also Ken's in Copley Square. There's Michael's at Coolidge Corner but it's not the same.

Goya makes a Russian dressing? I will check that out. Thanks!

Used to love ❤️ Jack and Marions; also Ken's in Copley Square. There's Michael's at Coolidge Corner but it's not the same.

Goya does not call its product, Russian dressing, however, it is ketchup, mayo and seasoning and is a good substitute for use on rueben sandwiches, to my taste. i initially bought it to use on a slliced chiclen sandwich and liked the taste. Later when making a reueben, I thought to try this as the dressing. It is not the best I"vec everr had in the whole wide world, but I like the taste.

411HiJVEeEL._AC_US218_.jpg

Goya Mayo-Ketchup (1)

by Goya

More options available:

$7.20Other Sellers

5 out of 5 stars

Edited by sail7seas

• 1 month later...

Love Reubens and unfortunately did not see them at all in the Lido Market pre-made sandwich section on our recent Oosterdam sailing.

For future reference (upcoming Eurodam) would I need to ask for one from one of the stations... if so, which one? :confused:

Since HAL eliminated the sandwich bar/maker in the Lido (and replaced it with pre-made sandwiches) we have never seen a Reuben in the Lido. They do have them in the MDR, but the amount of corned beef used...is sad (no shore-side deli would survive with such a sandwich). When they used to make the in the Lido...we would order them and make sure the sandwich maker put on enough corned beef (I used to tease one of the staff....."make it like a New York Deli" and we would quickly double the amount of corned beef.

DW really gets frustrated with the new pre-made sandwiches. For example, she loves a basic BLT which should be made on toast. When they have something premade that is close to a BLT...you get it on untoasted bread! And that bacon was cooked hours earlier.

Hank

On the Zuiderdam last December having a sandwich made to order was very limited and they were not grilling them unless you were a bit pushy about it. Most of what they had available was like ham and cheese or turkey/chicken lunchmeats. Supposedly they had a carving station with the sandwiches but not every day. I had a delicious lamb sandwich one day but the next time it was available the lamb was dry and tough.

They had a nice selection of pre-made sandwiches but you took the risk of a soggy bottom bread slice or just plain dry. The egg salad was yummy.

After trying the sandwiches a couple of times we pretty much stuck to the salad bar for our lunch (DH enjoyed a piece of fish on his from the Lido buffet)

:(

Since HAL eliminated the sandwich bar/maker in the Lido (and replaced it with pre-made sandwiches) we have never seen a Reuben in the Lido. They do have them in the MDR, but the amount of corned beef used...is sad (no shore-side deli would survive with such a sandwich). When they used to make the in the Lido...we would order them and make sure the sandwich maker put on enough corned beef (I used to tease one of the staff....."make it like a New York Deli" and we would quickly double the amount of corned beef.

DW really gets frustrated with the new pre-made sandwiches. For example, she loves a basic BLT which should be made on toast. When they have something premade that is close to a BLT...you get it on untoasted bread! And that bacon was cooked hours earlier.

Hank

A classic BLT...My favorite sandwich! I prefer it on white bread...ALWAYS untoasted. Guess they cant please everyone. [emoji12]

So if I'm hearing correctly, pretty much the only chance of scoring a Reuben on HAL these days is in the MDR; and even that is hit or miss?

Don't despair.

There is usually a Reuben in the MDR on embarkation day and/or on other sailing days. Just check the lunch menu.

On our cruise the made to order sandwiches were back - more limited choices but we did have the option of a Reuben.

There were also some ways to concoct on a couple days on our 30 day cruise if you are so inclined ;)

So if I'm hearing correctly, pretty much the only chance of scoring a Reuben on HAL these days is in the MDR; and even that is hit or miss?

Unless they have changed their menu, on the Koningsdam you can get a Reuben at the NY Deli on 2nd level of the Lido. It was very good and had a lot of meat.

Unless they have changed their menu, on the Koningsdam you can get a Reuben at the NY Deli on 2nd level of the Lido. It was very good and had a lot of meat.

I think KroozNut is sailing on the Eurodam, not the Koningsdam.

There is usually a Reuben in the MDR on embarkation day and/or on other sailing days. Just check the lunch menu.

Good to know, but some on here have said that the MDR Reubens are not very good. :(

On our cruise the made to order sandwiches were back - more limited choices but we did have the option of a Reuben.

Hope they're back on our upcoming Eurodam sailing... fingers crossed! :)

Don't believe there is a 'NY Deli' or 2nd level of the Lido on Eurodam, but hoping for the best in terms of Reuben availability. Our favorite sandwich!:D