New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I just booked and chose to upgrade to the premium package as well. Our invoice says the same thing but with $0.00 next to it :confused: Do you think we'll just have to pay on board? I would prefer paying for everything all at once.

BTW I was able to cancel and rebook to get the deal :) My final payment wasn't due for another week, so this deal came at the perfect time.

We have a cruise booked in April and the final payment is due Friday. Did you rebook through Celebrity or a TA? Thanks.

Our invoice says the same thing but with $0.00 next to it :confused: Do you think we'll just have to pay on board? I would prefer paying for everything all at once.

I booked directly with Celebrity and was told to check back around Wednesday. I could pay for the upgrade in full then.

I am confused. At first I thought you could not book with a Residents rate, but I see a large travel site that's showing a cruise on Reflection with a Florida Resident rate combined with this 123 offer.

Is this an error. Or am I reading the Celebrity exclusions incorrectly?

Please let me know.:o

My final payment was made on Dec. 22nd. I called my TA this morning. Within 10 minutes I got the free drink package in addition to five other couples in our group. We forfeited pre-paid gratuities, but was able to keep an OBC of $75.

When I called this morning to get the OBC applied, the agent said it would take about 10 days for it to show up on the reservation so that I can print it.

Yes, that is what Celebrity agent told me as well. I booked Europe, so two of the bonuses: OBC and drink Pkg.

OBC is per cabin, The Classic Alcohol Beverage Pkg is for both of us in the cabin. Even if one person never wants a drop of alcohol the entire cruise...it is still a good deal!

Most questions are answered by Host Andy's first post on this thread!:D Awesome Andy for sharing this on Saturday so we had the weekend to consider options before the offer began today!:D:D:D

Why yes it is Andy, THANK YOU! :D

Not sure why they buried it under Australia/New Zealand but hey, thanks to you I know it applies. It's the one way from Ensanada to Hawaii I'm looking at.

I was going to book it using the $500 gift card promotion with matching by Celebrity, but 2 drink packages outweighs that benefit. I think I'd be better off using this special for Hawaii and using the gift card promo for a solo cruise. Too many cruises too little time! :confused:

Glad you found it. That's the one we were looking at too. But even with the drink package it's twice the price of our land trip...and drinks are pretty cheap with a costco nearby ;) Enjoy

Edited by Cruise Junky

I am a bit confused. I am sailing this month and plan on booking my next sailing while on board to get the 2 category upgrade, OBC and the $100. deposit. On top of that, do we also get this new 1,2,3 promotion?

It's getting a bit confusing. Thanks.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

For those who have cancelled & re-booked (or had the beverage package applied) is anyone based in Aus?

Hi I phone the office in Sydney this morning and was told "no way".

It looks like a case of we miss out again in Australia.

Hi I phone the office in Sydney this morning and was told "no way".

It looks like a case of we miss out again in Australia.

I've spoken to the following parties whom have given me the following responses

-Celebrity Sydney - i didn't actually speak to but was on hold for longer than what i had time for. They did reply to my facebook post - & was told new bookings only

-my TA (who i've booked with)- same deal

-my other TA is happy to proceed with the booking & confirmed i will be eligible but i have to cancel my original booking first to be able to book through her. Unfortnutal i will only be able to get $50 off brochure price (other TA was able to get me $100 off). But it does give me the bev package which i planned on purchasing. I will lose my $300 OBC offered my X for my original booking.

Now... i am awaiting confirmation that they will be no cancellation penalties on my original book & need to find out if the other cabin of choice is available.

Hope this helps any other aussies.

If i'm missing anything in my attempted venture, please let me know!

I am a bit confused. I am sailing this month and plan on booking my next sailing while on board to get the 2 category upgrade, OBC and the $100. deposit. On top of that, do we also get this new 1,2,3 promotion?

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

No, it's either or. Do the math and look at your situation and decide what would work best for you.

Dear Andy,

Thanks so much for the info. We had made a an inside cabin reservation last week for the 7-nights Bermuda cruise on May 5. We called this morning and upgraded to an ocean view room for $70/person and got the $308/person beverage package for free! We actually added on another $10/day to get the premium drink package. Now the only problem I see is that I probably won't remember the week at all since I plan to take full advantage of Patron margaritas from the time we step on board. Cheers!

Edited by 1600601

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

Hi Ruth,

Im told that if you book onboard through 1/27, you have the choice of the 1,2,3 GO offer, OR the booking onboard OBC - not both. I hope this helps !

Dear Andy,

Thanks so much for the info. We had made a an inside cabin reservation last week for the 7-nights Bermuda cruise on May 5. We called this morning and upgraded to an ocean view room for $70/person and got the $308/person beverage package for free! We actually added on another $10/day to get the premium drink package. Now the only problem I see is that I probably won't remember the week at all since I plan to take full advantage of Patron margaritas from the time we step on board. Cheers!

Hi 1600601,

Welcome to your Cruise Critic, with your most interesting screen name :) .

Thank you for your very kind comments, and I'm always pleased when I help our members, and especially when you save some $$$. All the best to you, and have a wonderful Cruise... I presume on Summit.

I've spoken to the following parties whom have given me the following responses

-Celebrity Sydney - i didn't actually speak to but was on hold for longer than what i had time for. They did reply to my facebook post - & was told new bookings only

-my TA (who i've booked with)- same deal

-my other TA is happy to proceed with the booking & confirmed i will be eligible but i have to cancel my original booking first to be able to book through her. Unfortnutal i will only be able to get $50 off brochure price (other TA was able to get me $100 off). But it does give me the bev package which i planned on purchasing. I will lose my $300 OBC offered my X for my original booking.

Now... i am awaiting confirmation that they will be no cancellation penalties on my original book & need to find out if the other cabin of choice is available.

Hope this helps any other aussies.

If i'm missing anything in my attempted venture, please let me know!

Hi again, I was told by Celebrity Sydney, that cancelling and re-booking was going to be checked for. I wish all the best, I hope it works out for you. Regards

Hi Everyone,

There were a few unanswered questions. The following are replies from the wonderful folks at Celebrity. Due to time & work constraints tonight, I'm unable to quote each individual question, but I've consolidated your questions into one post. I hope this helps !

Here we go :

Q : If a guest books 123 GO, and they are before final payment.... and a senior, resident, military or teacher rate becomes available, would they receive both ?

A: No they will not. they will lose the offer if they convert.

=================================================

Q: If booking onboard until 1/27, would the guest obtain the booking onboard OBC PLUS their choice(s) from the 123 promotion ?

A: No. The offers are not combinable.

=================================================

Q: What if a Parent & Child are sailing together (2 guests in the cabin). How would this be handled ? Would they be entitled to any segments of the promotion ?

A: They can choose the beverage package but it will only be applied to the adult, or they can choose the other offers OBC or free gratuities for both guests. The child will not receive any other beverage package.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi again, I was told by Celebrity Sydney, that cancelling and re-booking was going to be checked for. I wish all the best, I hope it works out for you. Regards

Thank you. I will be trying this tomorrow when i have our passports handy.

Original TA has confirmed there are no penalty charges.

Am I the only only one who cannot take advantage of this special deal? I've looked at the current pricing for every cruise I have a deposit on....and the price I have is much better than the current pricing....even adding in the beverage package or other offer. What cruises are great deals?

I booked a cruise on December 31st and the rate was the same as it was today for the same cabin. I called my TA and she was able to get the drink package added to take advantage of the 1,2,3, Go program! Also, we had already put our final payment down as well. I am very happy with Celebrity for being so flexible!

We also booked a European cruise today and were able to take advantage of the promotion and got to pick two of those options-- a nearly $1500 value for both my husband and I with those add ons. We are pretty excited, and the price of our cruise did not go up at all (i.e., the stateroom rate didn't jump exponentially to make up for this package deal...)

I booked a B2B on for Summit onboard Liberty of the Seas in December. Called X and got the promo but had to give up my $100 OBC from booking onboard. Now, I hope my transfer to my travel agent goes thru before the travel agency changes the deal they are offering.;) I went with the pre-paid gratuities as we are not big drinkers and the travel agent deal is lots of OBC.

We are booked on Reflection for march 30 and also we are able to change and get the Classic alcohol package included. Although we have a substantial OBC giving that up we still would save almost 250 dollars by changing to the 123 promotion. Now to my question we plan on buying the Premium package and was wondering if anyone knows if you can just pay the difference between the Classic package offered and the premium?

We booked our Oct. 2013 sail last spring - got an early booking OBC, we can add a shareholder OBC and we got a price lower by hundreds of dollars per person than if we booked now. I often wonder if we get the best deal by booking early but so far for the upcoming season, we've made out OK and we will not be canceling and rebooking to get the new deal.

I don't get Celebrity and their pricing strategy. I read here several months ago that they think their product is undervalued and they plan on raising prices. But it sure seems that at the moment they are pulling trick after trick out of their bag to get folks on board. And I find it annoying to have to watch all these offers roll out and see if I have made a good deal. But I guess that's marketing in the 2010's.

We have a cruise booked in April and the final payment is due Friday. Did you rebook through Celebrity or a TA? Thanks.

Originally through a TA who told me he could not apply the offer (apparently not true) so I cancelled with them and rebooked through Celebrity.

Originally through a TA who told me he could not apply the offer (apparently not true) so I cancelled with them and rebooked through Celebrity.

Did Celebrity say anything to you about the fact that you cancelled and re-booked? When I asked my TA about re-booking he said that we couldn't....I don't really think Celebrity is going to turn away a sale?? We will have to pay the current price, but we will still come out better in the long run. Thanks.