3 girls on a short cruise

ricew001

So I've got a friend in Indiana, one in Virginia and I'm in NC. The Indiana friend moved away 14 months ago and we miss her. Our good times before were always in swimming pools with a drink in our hand or on the dance floor. I'm the youngest at 49. They are in their late 50s. We are all married to great men and had thought about a 6 person long weekend at a resort. But I just saw a $219 cruise out of Miami Fri-Mon so I'm thinking about us girls doing that. I've always cruised with my hubby so this would be new. Suggestions? Ideas? Your experience? Thanks!

there are a lot of short cruises out there. some from miami, FLL Port canveral etc.

I prefer the Mon to friday cruises== gives you some time for relaxing.

I agree... I would do a 4 nighter. Thats short enough as it is....just seems the 3 nighter is over in the blink of an eye.

I guess alot depends on family/work issues (if relevant)

I pretty much made Platinum on Carnival with 3 night girls' cruises :)

Started with my best friend when I was 38. That was 10 years ago. I've done them with a group of girls a few times, too.

As much as I love a longer cruise, I find (at least with my friends), that once we try to make it a little longer, something always comes up and it just doesn't work out for us. I do love cruising with my husband and family, and couples, etc, but it's quite a carefree feeling when it's just you & your girlfriends. It's not like anyone is in charge of anyone else having fun, etc, and that's what I find relaxing :)

That said, if you can do a 4 night cruise, without issues ("Well, I didn't want to take THAT much time off work", etc), then I'd highly suggest Thursday to Monday that goes to Key West & Cozumel.

Regardless, DO IT! :)

I pretty much made Platinum on Carnival with 3 night girls' cruises :)

Started with my best friend when I was 38. That was 10 years ago. I've done them with a group of girls a few times, too.

As much as I love a longer cruise, I find (at least with my friends), that once we try to make it a little longer, something always comes up and it just doesn't work out for us. I do love cruising with my husband and family, and couples, etc, but it's quite a carefree feeling when it's just you & your girlfriends. It's not like anyone is in charge of anyone else having fun, etc, and that's what I find relaxing :)

That said, if you can do a 4 night cruise, without issues ("Well, I didn't want to take THAT much time off work", etc), then I'd highly suggest Thursday to Monday that goes to Key West & Cozumel.

Regardless, DO IT! :)

Thanks Bibble! Hubby and I did the Key West and Cozumel this summer and it was perfect for us. His parents' health situation is very serious and we had an ancient cat at the time (who passed 3 months after we got home). The ladies I'm going with - one has a husband who has cancer and his mom just passed, so we don't really want to leave our spouses alone too long considering all this. The other lady just took a new job when she moved to Indiana so I don't think she has much vacation time. So this Friday- Monday sounds really good to me. My hubby is a musician so he'd be super busy on Friday and Saturday night and wouldn't miss me too much. :cool:

Thanks Bibble! Hubby and I did the Key West and Cozumel this summer and it was perfect for us. His parents' health situation is very serious and we had an ancient cat at the time (who passed 3 months after we got home). The ladies I'm going with - one has a husband who has cancer and his mom just passed, so we don't really want to leave our spouses alone too long considering all this. The other lady just took a new job when she moved to Indiana so I don't think she has much vacation time. So this Friday- Monday sounds really good to me. My hubby is a musician so he'd be super busy on Friday and Saturday night and wouldn't miss me too much. :cool:

Then it's totally meant to be!!!!

I did a 4 night RC (just worked better for our plans) cc3ecda0c6d78b2b0100c5b79577cd32.jpgwith my Mom and two of our friends last May. It was the perfect length for a girls’ trip! We enjoyed dinners, a sushi-making class, shopping, Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel (only port), and just relaxing a ton! I’d say to go for it!

0cdbf181202dd9cbbd93c85183c091bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did a 4 night RC (just worked better for our plans) cc3ecda0c6d78b2b0100c5b79577cd32.jpgwith my Mom and two of our friends last May. It was the perfect length for a girls’ trip! We enjoyed dinners, a sushi-making class, shopping, Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel (only port), and just relaxing a ton! I’d say to go for it!

whoa, they got a Sushi making class on RC? That's pretty darn cool.

whoa, they got a Sushi making class on RC? That's pretty darn cool.

Yes! I think it was $30 a person, but it was well worth a fabulous sushi lunch and the experience! It also included a galley tour.

Hi,

I'm here in So Cal, about 45 minutes from Long Beach. We ( my Mom and I and sometimes Debbie (friend to both of us) go on the Mon-Thurs 4 Day Cruise Carnival does year round. The Ports are meh ..... but we love getting together!

OP, go and have a great time with your girl friends. The Hubby's will be fine.

:D Bobbi

Do it! I did a 4-day NCL Sky cruise with 10 girlfriends in 2016 and we all had a blast! Ages ranged from early 30s to early 70s and we did our thing in smaller groups during the day / while in ports, then met up for dinner each evening. Have great memories of the captain's cocktail hour with two of the girls. Love cruising with my DH, but had a blast with my girlfriends too.

Highly recommended! Life goes too quickly and changes in an instant sometimes, so I hope you can get it booked and planned!