Breakaway Cagney's Menu

margoula

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know when that change went into effect? Our last NCL Cruise was on the JADE in December 2015. We purchased the larger SDP and ate at all of the specialty restaurants. This time we got the 3-pack for free, and if what I have read correctly is true, we will get a dinner for 2 with wine at either Le Bistro or Cagney's via our welcome Platinum members envelope on day 1. I would use that for Cagney's and the SDP for Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Moderno. I know every ship is different but Teppanyaki on JADE was really bad, and I see it's still serving that bizarre green tea/cashew cake for dessert (we hated it as did everyone at our table/cooking station--I know Asian restaurants are not known for desserts, but there are only 2 choices: the weird cake or sliced fruit. Some ice cream would be nice. :-) ). We just did a cruise on Princess (CROWN PRINCESS to be exact), and the food was very different from NCL's.

• 1 month later...

I was on the B'way in June and December. The menu was as posted above.

In June the waitress mention a Tomahawk was available even though not on the menu. In December it was not available. I guess it depends on how the ship is provisioned.:confused:

Lobster only in the Ocean Blue.

• 2 weeks later...

In June, I will be taking my first NCL cruise (Breakaway /Baltic) and am trying to figure out this dining situation because I have heard you need to make reservations before even getting on the ship, for the specialty restaurants? How do you do that?

Also, we were given a dining package, but we don't know how many nights it is for? Can you just book some in advance and "show up" at the dining room on the other nights? Not sure how to interpret "freestyle". Plus, there are kids in our party and want to know which ones are appropriate fir entire families, or which ones are best just for grownups.

In June, I will be taking my first NCL cruise (Breakaway /Baltic) and am trying to figure out this dining situation because I have heard you need to make reservations before even getting on the ship, for the specialty restaurants? How do you do that? Also, we were given a dining package, but we don't know how many nights it is for? Can you just book some in advance and "show up" at the dining room on the other nights? Not sure how to interpret "freestyle". Plus, there are kids in our party and want to know which ones are appropriate fir entire families, or which ones are best just for grownups.

If you want prime time dining (6:00-8:00), you should make reservations as soon as they open online on your MyNCL account. They use to open 90 days prior to departure (100 days for Suites). Some have said that it is now 120 days at final payment.

On a 9-night cruise, you get 3 free dinners if you took the package.

You can "show up" and walk-in at any restaurant. If you go during prime time, most will ask you to return around 9:00 pm. Electronic signs on the ship will show you which restaurants have open seats.

Kids can always eat off of the kid's menu for free at any restaurant (same at all restaurants). All restaurants will accept kids.

Not sure how to interpret "freestyle".
Freestyle is two-fold. One, there is no early and main seating times at the MDR, it is open seating and you can show up anytime between 600 and 900. Two, there is no real dress code except for LeBistro, which requires long pants on men. Any of the MDR's or other specialty venues will allow men in shorts. Have even seen multi generational family in Cagney's Steakhouse with the men in denim shorts and baseball caps. I believe long pants are required in one of the 3 MDR's on the Breakaway.

Was on the Breakaway this past August and the menu was similar to the one posted previously. We enjoyed Cagney's and when we booked on the Pearl this past February were looking forward to it. Cagney's on the Pearl was a disappointment and not the same menu as posted for the Breakaway. I do not remember specifics but on the Breakaway I enjoyed the crab cakes, Lobster Bisque, and surf and turf. Not one of those items were on the menu for Cagney's on the Pearl. I thought that they may have changed Cagney's menu fleet wide, and I would be done with Cagney's. Maybe different menu's for different ships?