Gem coming into NYC now ...Late

QuickieGlenn

As long as one isn't booked on a 12 noon flight out of nearest airport, which some do. A little windy, ship docked after 9:30, clearance & walkoff, with luck - out past CBP and on 12th Ave. around 10 AM.

Note: ship webcam clock is ahead by 1 hour.4932b137c123641bc8c69b71b6fe9418.jpg

b76d8cf3c36f75d64243d08721ec8685.jpg

8cdd481375a6f82da2166ba3eefb21ee.jpg

via Nexus 5X Oreo 8.0 w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Watching the Gem beginning to enter the NYC slip reminds me of what happened a few years ago when Holland still cruised from the NYC terminal.

We were returning from a 10 day (10-12??) Caribbean cruise on the Noordam and as the ship was almost all the way into the slip the dock workers were all waving their arms and yelling that we were docking at the WRONG pier.

The ship then reversed and backed back out into the river and re-entered in the neighboring and correct pier..

Looks like the Gem is in the RIGHT spot.. LOL.

bosco

The app in the picture is MarineTraffic

And,,, I don’t think that anyone with a port arrival time of 10

Am would book at noon flight. This series of cruises that the Gem is doing all have late arrivals into NY.

Yes, I am traveling by train and decided to take NJ transit rather than Amtrak since you can't be sure of what time you'll get in. I'm just going to get the walkup fare which is much cheaper than Amtrak.

We were returning from a 10 day (10-12??) Caribbean cruise on the Noordam and as the ship was almost all the way into the slip the dock workers were all waving their arms and yelling that we were docking at the WRONG pier.

The ship then reversed and backed back out into the river and re-entered in the neighboring and correct pier..

Looks like the Gem is in the RIGHT spot.. LOL.

bosco

im surprised that happen. in most ports, a pilot is on board and they help with docking. they should of know the correct pier to use.

im surprised that happen. in most ports, a pilot is on board and they help with docking. they should of know the correct pier to use.

Agreed! What an embarrassment for that pilot! Bet he had some explaining to do afterward....:D

(unless he was given wrong information, that is....)