Black & White theme night

Toftwood

Maybe a seasoned P&O traveller can help me? Our cruise details clearly tell us that we will have four formal nights which is fine. It also says that there will be some theme nights including Halloween and Black & White. Do P&O use one of the formal nights as the Black & White night (as has always been the case on other cruise lines we have travelled with) or will it be an additional night to get dressed up. Black & White night is so easy for the men if you are going to be wearing a DJ anyway.

That's correct, one of the Formal Nights is a B&W Night. Not sure why P&O make a big deal of it.

Thanks for the info. I have thoroughly enjoyed B&W nights on other cruise lines. On our last cruise I reckon 95% of the passengers were in B&W and it really was quite a sight

Thanks for the info. I have thoroughly enjoyed B&W nights on other cruise lines. On our last cruise I reckon 95% of the passengers were in B&W and it really was quite a sight

I would say its at least the same on P&O probably because as you say its easy for the gents. :)

On one cruise in The Horizon newspaper the photography team were advertising black and white 'special' offer packages. Unfortunately this was sited underneath the box indicating that nights dress code, which was a formal. At least 50% of women (more difficult to judge with the men as indicated above), obviously misread it and assumed it was the B & W formal night.

We love the P&O black and white nights (though sadly we shall not cruise with P&O anymore) and I always wear a white tux, black shirt and white bow tie. As everyone else has said it is usually the last of the four formal nights.

Peter

We love the P&O black and white nights (though sadly we shall not cruise with P&O anymore) and I always wear a white tux, black shirt and white bow tie. As everyone else has said it is usually the last of the four formal nights.

Peter

We must have been exceptions to the rule, then. On both of our last two cruises, 14 nights and 10 respectively, it wasn't the last formal night.

Maybe a seasoned P&O traveller can help me? Our cruise details clearly tell us that we will have four formal nights which is fine. It also says that there will be some theme nights including Halloween and Black & White. Do P&O use one of the formal nights as the Black & White night (as has always been the case on other cruise lines we have travelled with) or will it be an additional night to get dressed up. Black & White night is so easy for the men if you are going to be wearing a DJ anyway.

On the several P & O cruises I have done, Black & White night is counted as one of the formal nights. Regards Viv

Peter

This seems completely negative to me Peter.

Regards John

This seems completely negative to me Peter.

Regards John

Well what would you do John when they have wiped out the cruise you have been looking forward to for the past year, taken away £1100 OBC and given you £100 pp compensation?

I say vote with your feet and never cruise with them again. Negative!!

But then I guess you are like all the rest of the P&O fan club that thoroughly put me down when I suggested they might be about to sell Adonia but have stayed incredibly silent ever since.

Peter

Well what would you do John when they have wiped out the cruise you have been looking forward to for the past year, taken away £1100 OBC and given you £100 pp compensation?

But then I guess you are like all the rest of the P&O fan club that thoroughly put me down when I suggested they might be about to sell Adonia but have stayed incredibly silent ever since.

Peter

I thought he was actually talking about your white tux and black shirt being in negative, rather than your post...

Peter

I read it as John being witty about the colour scheme as well. Black on white rather than white on black, photo negative.

To be honest I was doing a double entendre on; intriguing statement, "though sadly we shall not cruise on P&O anymore" and indicating one wears the opposite colour to the norm of each item of clothing on Black and White formal nights.

I am sorry Zombatar has been given such a bad deal as a result, presumably booking a cruise on Adonia scheduled for a time when P&O will no longer own the vessel. If you had £1100 OBC on a cruise and they take the cruise off the market you should, in my opinion be able to transfer it to whatever alternative cruise you book with P&O and also get the compensation in cash.

Regards John

Peter

Sense of humour bypass?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Going on Britannia on 27th of this month, transatlantic to Caribbean. First trans Atlantic.

We intend having 3 nights in Limelight club during our 15 nights for the cabaret. It states dress code for limelight is smart casual. If our cabaret nights coincide with our formal nights take it we don't have to get changed????

On a separate note, on leaving the ship in Barbados, once our cases are left out at night do they go straight to the airport from the ship? Do we have to collect them at the airport or do they go straight on to plane?

Any tips/advice on Britannia transatlantic would be most welcome.

Going on Britannia on 27th of this month, transatlantic to Caribbean. First trans Atlantic.

We intend having 3 nights in Limelight club during our 15 nights for the cabaret. It states dress code for limelight is smart casual. If our cabaret nights coincide with our formal nights take it we don't have to get changed????

On a separate note, on leaving the ship in Barbados, once our cases are left out at night do they go straight to the airport from the ship? Do we have to collect them at the airport or do they go straight on to plane?

Any tips/advice on Britannia transatlantic would be most welcome.

No. You won't need to change even if its a Formal Night. In any event. most of your evening will be in te Limelight Club.

Once your cases are left out and they are collected then you won't see them again until you collect them in the UK.

Thanks dgs 1956. Good to know about cases. Think I was being a wee bit silly about dress code. When you correctly point out we shall be in there most of the evening, including meal, we can decide which dress code to apply.

Thanks dgs 1956. Good to know about cases. Think I was being a wee bit silly about dress code. When you correctly point out we shall be in there most of the evening, including meal, we can decide which dress code to apply.

Assuming you have 2 cases, we put one out early on as we are heading out for the evening and put the other out when we return later after we have packed the clothes we have been wearing.