What time do you arrive at the port?

RMM34667

Sitting at the Hilton Marina wondering how to fill the next 2 hours. Live on the west central coast of Florida and usually drive over the morning of the cruise. But this time came early. Have friends doing BVE and we wanted to board with them

But now the ship is so close I could throw a rock at but to early to go overight.

It is very strange to be so excited and bored at the same time.

Sitting at the Hilton Marina wondering how to fill the next 2 hours. Live on the west central coast of Florida and usually drive over the morning of the cruise. But this time came early. Have friends doing BVE and we wanted to board with them

But now the ship is so close I could throw a rock at but to early to go overight.

We always try and arrive as early as possible.

Usually around 10:30, although in the past when we sailed from NY we would take a red eye and get to Brooklyn around 8:30.

When we stay at the Renaissance which is next door to the Hilton Marina we just walk over to the port if the ship is at pier #2/4.

10:30 or 11. Like to beat the traffic at the check-point. Like to enjoy the buffet lunch before the crowd. Then we have our first cocktail at the pool bar and chill till the rooms are ready.

If you enter the port from SE 17th street, you no longer have to

go through a checkpoint to go to the northport garage,

convention center or berth 2.

How is the Hilton Marina will be staying there in December before our Christmas cruise?

Wescott enjoyed the hotel. Room was nice and clean. Staff really good. Only downside was our room was at the end of West villas - long walk for mom. And the room was noisy. But hey we are checked in waiting to board.

If you enter the port from SE 17th street, you no longer have to

go through a checkpoint to go to the northport garage,

convention center or berth 2.

Cool, and great news! I'm assuming this is very recent info? I'm local, and was wondering which entrance to use in a few weeks! Somehow, my ships have always ended up at the Terminal 21 area, but this time coming up, it's 2.

On our Princess cruises, the cabins have always been ready when boarded the ship. There was no waiting to go to our cabin to drop off our carry-on bags, then head directly to the open dining room for lunch.

So it is true dining room is open during boarding.?

Also the times that are listed per deck on Princess website are they enforced or just suggestions?

2nd Princess Cruise but 12th all time cruise.

Have always got on board by 12 or so. Hate waiting in line.

Cool, and great news! I'm assuming this is very recent info? I'm local, and was wondering which entrance to use in a few weeks! Somehow, my ships have always ended up at the Terminal 21 area, but this time coming up, it's 2.

They moved the checkpoint before the boatshow in 2015,

so it had to be late October-ish.

If you do need to go to midport, there is a new-ish bridge from the

end of I-595 to the port entrance, so you go over several local

streets.

Also the times that are listed per deck on Princess website are they enforced or just suggestions?

2nd Princess Cruise but 12th all time cruise.

Have always got on board by 12 or so. Hate waiting in line.

The DR is open from Noon-1:30p for embarkation lunch

The boarding times are a suggestion.

We arrive 10-1030.

On Princess email on "Final Information Before You Sail", this is what is indicated:

"Shortly after we welcome you onboard your spectacular Princess ship, you may dine at the Horizon Court or in one of the ship’s multiple dining room".

• 2 months later...