Massive Price Differnce between RCI USA website prices and RCI UK prices

I have just priced a February 2020 cruise. The price on the USA website is £1700 less than the best price I can find in the U.K. for exactly the same cabin. It seems as if there are a number of offers currently available in the USA but not in the U.K.

i’m used to some differences but this is massive. I wonder if anyone had Any thoughts on how to get around this please as I am unable to progress a booking on the USA website?

I use a USA TA and have done for many years. The difference in pricing is often substantial. You also get the flexibility of being able to cancel and get your deposit back (not NRD rates), take advantage of price drops and move your gty cabin allocation .

I have just priced a February 2020 cruise. The price on the USA website is £1700 less than the best price I can find in the U.K. for exactly the same cabin. It seems as if there are a number of offers currently available in the USA but not in the U.K.

i’m used to some differences but this is massive. I wonder if anyone had Any thoughts on how to get around this please as I am unable to progress a booking on the USA website?

How did you manage to get onto the US site to check the prices? can't you book on the site if you can get onto it?

Thanks everyone. I have now identified a couple of US TAs and have received a very good quote for the cruise we want to do. Not only that the deposit is refundable and any price drop will be passed on.

Wonder why we can’t get this in the U.K.

Thanks everyone. I have now identified a couple of US TAs and have received a very good quote for the cruise we want to do. Not only that the deposit is refundable and any price drop will be passed on.

How did you identify the giant US online travel agents?

All the protection you get in the UK costs RCI money, they pass it on

which you can just make up.

I'd like first hand experience of someone in the UK who has actually booked on the US RCI site by 'just making up an address...' and had no issues; before I bite the bullet and do it!!!!

Or I'll just let my USA TA do all the work for me like she does now!

I'd like first hand experience of someone in the UK who has actually booked on the US RCI site by 'just making up an address...' and had no issues; before I bite the bullet and do it!!!!

I used the address of the Orlando holiday home of my wife’s boss no problem.

The problem arose with my UK credit card which it didn’t like, either because it was English or didn’t match the address.

I gave up....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn’t book on the US site even if I could because the US big TAs usually offer additional booking perks over the RCI site.

I’ve used a big US TA a few times. I’ve had to call them to get the quote and make the booking ( you can find local rate prefix numbers to route your call so it doesn’t cost you for an international call). I’ve made big savings with more perks too but in the past couple of years have not found any deals worth having on the cruises we’ve looked at. Plus, our last two RCI trips had the drinks package perk if booked in the UK but not in the US so we factored that into the comparison too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^ this.

Biker, who booked a cruise on the UK site with a made up address.

Did you have a UK credit card for that? Just wondering about the other poster whose UK credit card was rejected when booking on the US site.

I use a USA TA and have done for many years. The difference in pricing is often substantial. You also get the flexibility of being able to cancel and get your deposit back (not NRD rates), take advantage of price drops and move your gty cabin allocation .

What do you mean by "move your guarantee cabin allocation"? Thank you.

What do you mean by "move your guarantee cabin allocation"? Thank you.

If you are booked under US/Canadian rules, have booked a guarantee category and been assigned a stateroom, Royal will normally allow you to change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category to which you have been assigned.

Did you have a UK credit card for that? Just wondering about the other poster whose UK credit card was rejected when booking on the US site.

I got a red notice saying words to the effect "this is not a registered United States payment method".

Maybe the 16 digit numbers across the card identified it as a UK card or it didn't like me paying in GBP.

I'm interested as well if someone with a UK card has had success on the US website.

I always use the US site, my latest B2B bookings were done this way no problems... I didn't have to enter an address, you do however have to enter your citizenship and pick a US State. With payment details your name and card details is all that is required.