Convenient place to pick up suncreen in FLL on way to ship?

Janie1229

Hi, my friend and I are sailing on Adventure of the Seas this October. We are flying in that Saturday, nonstop flight. Also only bringing carry-ons. B/c we are not bringing checked luggage, not a lot of room for big bottle of sunscreen and bug repellant.

Any suggestions for a place to have taxi stop and get some of these items on the way to the ship? Would the airport sell these items? Not sure if there is a CVS or something on the way to the port.

Thanks!!

Assuming you are flying into FLL there is a CVS on the corner of 17th street and S. Fed Hwy. That should be right on the way to the port from the airport and it is open 24 hours. There is a Publix grocery store at 17th and Cordova back in the shopping center opens at 7 am. There is a Walgreens at 17th and Eisenhower open 24 hours. Have a great cruise!

Whoops, yes flying into FLL. Thanks so much for the tips on where to purchase suncreen.

Assuming you are flying into FLL there is a CVS on the corner of 17th street and S. Fed Hwy. That should be right on the way to the port from the airport and it is open 24 hours. There is a Publix grocery store at 17th and Cordova back in the shopping center opens at 7 am. There is a Walgreens at 17th and Eisenhower open 24 hours. Have a great cruise!

Hi Janie, As stated above........... There is a Wal greens and a Public's on 17th street very near POrt Everglades. You go past that small strip mini mall coming form the airport I think there is also a CVS nearby - do a google search.

Edited by sail7seas

Here is addresss or t he CVS:

Address: 1700 S Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Departments: CVS Pharmacy, CVS Pharmacy, CVS Photo, MinuteClinic, Citibank ATM, Kodak Moment, MoneyGram

IF you take a taxi from airport to Port Evefrglades, ask driver to stop at Walgreen's or CVS BUT.. DO NOT leave your carry ons in t he taxi unless one of you re mains in the vehicle, 'trust but be careful :)

IMO, it would be a good idea for only one of you to run into the store.

I carry Coppertone Oil Free sunscreen that comes in a 3oz size, but it is a cream, not a liquid, so I don't think TSA size limits apply anyway.

For a liquid bug spray, you can find Off or Repel and other brands in small 1 oz spray bottles.

Never a problem with the TSA screening for either item.

A 3 ounce tube is quite small. Too small l for me,b ut.................. depending upon pricing and kind of sun loiotn you like, maybe get two.

M ight be worth looking in airport shop, after security check to see if there is something there you like

I never said you mighty only need 1....I am very aware of the sunscreen rules, having just come home from our dermatologist.

Still, given rules for carryons, this is an option that has worked fine for us. We usually do 1-3 7-14 day carryon only trips each year.

Thanks everyone. I will check at the airport once we get through TSA/security. I'm sure it will be expensive, maybe about the same as the ship. Also not sure about stopping in the cab at CVS as how much extra $$ that will cost us. Yes, I know I can carry 3oz in my 3-1-1 bag, but that won't be enough. I may see if I can fit two 3oz tubes in my 3-1-1 bag, and can always buy more on the ship.

Not sure how it would work, but what about checking in and putting cases in cabin. Then leaving the ship and walking to Harbor Shops where there is a Publix? A further half mile to CVS?

Have seen posts stating that some people walk from 17th St Causeway wheeling their luggage. We used a taxi and were at Terminal Two. It seemed close , cost $12 incl tip, and took 5-10 minutes.

Hopefully someone who has tried this might have more details.

Not sure how it would work, but what about checking in and putting cases in cabin. Then leaving the ship and walking to Harbor Shops where there is a Publix? A further half mile to CVS?

Have seen posts stating that some people walk from 17th St Causeway wheeling their luggage. We used a taxi and were at Terminal Two. It seemed close , cost $12 incl tip, and took 5-10 minutes.

Hopefully someone who has tried this might have more details.

The OP is on RCCL. They don't typically dock at Terminal 2/4. A taxi or Uber would be required to get out of the port and go shopping.

Okay, maybe we can pick some up in San Juan :-) Our first day is at sea, second day is at Labadee and then San Juan.

There is a Walgreen's very near where the ship docks and a CVS near by as well.................By nearby, I mean five minute walk.

There is a Walgreen's very near where the ship docks and a CVS near by as well.................By nearby, I mean five minute walk.

That's perfect. Thanks so much, we will be okay with our travel sizes until we can get more in San Juan. :D

Depending which terminal at which your ship docks, there c ould be a small sundry shop near the entrance/exit to tghe street. i've been in most of the terminlals and some have that shop but not all. Doeesn't matter. There are so many shops/ stores you n pop into. you will DOCK in the center of down town Old San Juan. Have fun.