Spice H2O

casofilia

We have just been informed by NCL that they have built a "SpiceH2O" in place of the children's pool area aft on the Star.

Any ideas to explain what one is please?

Mike

Edited by casofilia

We have just been informed by NCL that they have built a "SpiceH2O" in place of the children's pool area aft on the Star.

Any ideas to explain what one is please?

Mike

Adult sundeck. On the big ships, there is usually some sort of water feature (spraying water). Usually has a jacuzzi.

I got eh same email today saying that they have gotten rid of all the water slides and changed all the pools including removing the children’s pool! We booked our cruise over a year ago and have a nine year old. We are fuming! With only a month until our cruise I couldn’t be more upset. They could’ve informed us a long time ago so we could’ve rebooked with another more child friendly cruise line but now it’s late. Anyone know how’re could approach this with customer service??:mad:

I would definitely contact them. Try to ask for a free cancel, or move to another Ship without any financial loss to you. When a major change to a Ship or its policies has happened in the past, there has been more notice, and a right to cancel. Only NCL will give you an answer, but do try. Let us know. We got same email today, good news for us, but we our travelling without kids. (old foggies here). Let us know, I would be upset also in your situation.

• Like 1

We were on the Star in April and my boys (12 and 14) loved it, but they wouldn’t use the slides. They said they were gross and they got stuck. Your 9 year old probably wouldn’t have used the back area either. It was designed for very young kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know! Thanks for letting me know. I’m still going to call and complain and see about getting some cruise credits as it is still upsetting and deceitful that hey would do this since we booked so long ago!

We were on the Star in April and my boys (12 and 14) loved it, but they wouldn’t use the slides. They said they were gross and they got stuck. Your 9 year old probably wouldn’t have used the back area either. It was designed for very young kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately we can’t cancel as we are travelling to Greece for 3 weeks thereafter the cruise, to visit family, so our whole trip was planned around this cruise! Otherwise yes we would cancel or try to move to another ship for sure. I am going to call today and complain and see if we can at least get some type of cruise credit compensation for their deceitfulness. As well, I also checked the itinerary, and thankfully we only have one sea day so hopefully the pools will be sufficient to keep her busy. Thanks!!

I would definitely contact them. Try to ask for a free cancel, or move to another Ship without any financial loss to you. When a major change to a Ship or its policies has happened in the past, there has been more notice, and a right to cancel. Only NCL will give you an answer, but do try. Let us know. We got same email today, good news for us, but we our travelling without kids. (old foggies here). Let us know, I would be upset also in your situation.

• 2 weeks later...

the kids area in the back was for babies/toddlers. not for a 9 year old.

we are big waterslide people . these slides were awful. we got stuck as adults on them and i saw lots of kids getting stuck. the pool area is very nice, your 9 year old will have a great time in the pool and the kids club activities. Star is a great ship.

I got eh same email today saying that they have gotten rid of all the water slides and changed all the pools including removing the children’s pool! We booked our cruise over a year ago and have a nine year old. We are fuming! With only a month until our cruise I couldn’t be more upset. They could’ve informed us a long time ago so we could’ve rebooked with another more child friendly cruise line but now it’s late. Anyone know how’re could approach this with customer service??:mad:

You can't be fuming over an area that your 9 year old would have been too large to use anyway. Nothing will be different for your child on this cruise.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can see photos of the new H2O space on the Star? Also, is there a dance floor, or plenty of space to dance? What is the floor material, teak, rubber, etc? I organize dance cruises and we are considering the Star. I know there is not as much dance space in the smaller Star than bigger ships like the Epic, but we love the itinerary and want to see if we can be creative with dance space. thanks!

Good to know! Thanks for letting me know. I’m still going to call and complain and see about getting some cruise credits as it is still upsetting and deceitful that hey would do this since we booked so long ago!

Please check out my photos of the old slides … would your child have enjoyed them?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56541055&postcount=19

Does anyone know where I can see photos of the new H2O space on the Star? Also, is there a dance floor, or plenty of space to dance? What is the floor material, teak, rubber, etc? I organize dance cruises and we are considering the Star. I know there is not as much dance space in the smaller Star than bigger ships like the Epic, but we love the itinerary and want to see if we can be creative with dance space. thanks!

The new Spice H20 is fo adults only and a waste of space..it has 2 hot tubs and I never found any misting water showers like they said they were installing..they should’ve left the water slides and children’s pool as they now only have 1 pool for a ship of 2100 passengers...I didn’t go into the bars either so can’t say about dancing but they have dancers onboard that provide entertainment for the passengers heoughout the week on the pool deck and in the theatre...it’s an older ship and smaller and food was good but service was slow in all of the restaurants throughout the ship..it was as if the entire crew was new..hope that helps