Where to play piano

fernandodvs

Musical tastes are very subjective so to say that if someone doesn't care for your favorites' date=' they have bad taste or don't like real music or they're "not human" is very pretentious in my book. I learned to play many different classical pieces when I was in my school orchestra, and my daughter had taken piano and vocal lessons for years and has played in school orchestra and now in concert band (playing flute, which she taught herself to play), so she has a great musical background (and grew up listening to different types of music and has gone to various concerts ranging from Diana Krall to Leon Russell). I am so glad she doesn't want to listen to Bieber or some of the other groups that some teens like, but I wouldn't blame her if she did (would just give me something to tease her about:D).

But I wouldn't go around saying if something doesn't like my taste in music, movies, television shows, etc., that they are inferior to myself. That is totally ridiculous for anyone to do that.[/quote']

And, a true musician would never say such a thing.

Guys I didn't mean to offend anyone. And I'm sorry if I did, maybe I should reserve my passion for myself or ask the guests in the area if they mind me playing. :D

CHEERS!

--------------------------------------------------------

Next Cruise

Allure of the Seas , August 3rd 2014

---------------------------------------------------------

Best that you keep the passion to yourself.

Most of the pianos on cruise ships are locked when not in professional use. Many ships have even locked the pianos in the suites as other suite passengers complained too much.

Gone are the days when you could wander around a ship and play pianos as I did long ago on the old, loved Queen Elizabeth 2.

It really doesn't matter what sort of music you wish to play, it will be very hard to find a piano you are allowed to use.

Cruise ships also have rules about bring along your own instruments even if you don't intend to play on board.

OP -- one other thing you might try is getting to know the musicians onboard. If you love music, you'll probably be listening to the live entertainment on your cruise, anyway. If you find the musicians approachable, you might ask if one of them could help you arrange some "practice time". And, I love modern classical piano (particularly Einaudi) -- but, it's not everyone's cup of tea. ;)

Edited by wwcruisers

• 4 years later...

Once on a cruise to Mexico in the 1970’s, I sat down at a piano to play. The “featured entertainer”—George Gobel—wandered (staggered) over and said I reminded him of Frankie Carle. I guess I should have been flattered but, then, Gobel was typically potted.

I play mostly classic music and some contemporary pianists like yiruma and raul di blassio if you don't like this type of music and find it unpleasant you are not human

Obviously I'm not human as I haven't heard of these two people 'sigh'

oh no. the record is like 14 years.

Seems like it should not be too difficult for boards in general and not just CC to provide an option not to show any posts that were started more than a user defined number of years ago. That is assuming that people were aware of the option and would actually use it.

DON

Seems like it should not be too difficult for boards in general and not just CC to provide an option not to show any posts that were started more than a user defined number of years ago. That is assuming that people were aware of the option and would actually use it.

DON

OR incorporate the function that TripAdvisor uses, which automatically closes a thread to further posts after a certain period of inactivity.

DON

I used to be one of the ADMINs on the old Military .com message boards. we had it set up that after 6 months of no activity a thread was automatically deleted.

I play mostly classic music and some contemporary pianists like yiruma and raul di blassio if you don't like this type of music and find it unpleasant you are not human
Well, I must not be human, because I don't like classical, but if you played pop, rock, country, etc. I'd be a fan. Not everyone likes every kind of music.