Grand Scenic Oceanview

Bengalbug

Going on conquest in January. Oringally booked in interior. I wanted a sofa (for the time she gets ready), but My fiancé didn't want to be on deck 1 or 2 (oceanview) and balcony is more than double the interior. Well I was doing mock booking the other day and a Grand Scenic OV was open. It was about $500 total to upgrade (a balcony would have been $700+ more ($1200 total)) so I took it, I couldn't turn it down!!

I think I am going to really enjoy the location, the veiws, but mostly the space. We had a balcony on our last cruise but rarely used it (mostly to hang wet clothes) so it was hard to ever justify the difference

Has anyone been in these rooms? How are they?

You will love the room. It is huge. Go to sleep with the blinds open and wake up to sunrise. Booked this type of room several times. Will take it over a balcony any day. Going on the Conquest in January - Cabin 9201 again.

Thanks! And that's the one I'm in... so either you are before or after us. Let's promise to leave no extra surprises for the other!! :p

• 3 weeks later...
You will love the room. It is huge. Go to sleep with the blinds open and wake up to sunrise. Booked this type of room several times. Will take it over a balcony any day. Going on the Conquest in January - Cabin 9201 again.

ypou have to keep the blinds closed until your lights are out. THe light interfers with the bridge below.

We had 9200 (i dont know if i could stay in one of those other scenic view rooms.

https://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_004.jpg

but this is the only one that sleeps 4 of this kind

the rest look like this https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/109/reg/16896-1471876480.JPG

We Are booked in room 9200 in November 2018. We had this room back in 2013 and it is by far our most favorite kinda room on any carnival ship. You will enjoy it!! The wife and I will spend alot of time in our room just gazing out those huge windows.One of us will lay on the Chaise Lounge and the other will lay on the couch. We retreat to our room for quiet and rest and this is the perfect room for that. Great for cat naps.

Edited by weddingmooners13

We had this room on the Glory once...it would be so awesome for 2 people but there were 4 of us and the trip to the bathroom at night over the pulled out sofa bed from our bed was like an Olympic sport....I did love the views more than anything. Balconies we are meh about because we don't spend a lot of time on them. So it OV usually for us. Glad we experienced the SOV...hubby and I would do that one again by ourselves :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What’s the best way to search for this cabin? We aren’t picky on date or ship but were thinking of a cruise in September (summer too expensive) out of Florida. Trying to find an easy way to search for only these cabins.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had this cabin on the Valor and it was great. I am booked with my daughter for April 2019 on the Glory and I snagged it.

I will say -- it did not show as available on the Carnival website, but it did show it on expedia.com -- so once I saw it, I called Carnival and requested it.

Is room 9201 on the victory similar to this? We usually enjoy balcony’s, but I feel like this may be different and fun

No, Victory does not have this,

What’s the best way to search for this cabin? We aren’t picky on date or ship but were thinking of a cruise in September (summer too expensive) out of Florida. Trying to find an easy way to search for only these cabins.

Best is to call and have 4 people ready to book Its rare that they will allow 2 people to book 9201 but the other cabin on the other side is for 2 persons- not as large as this one though but big enough

No, Victory does not have this,

Best is to call and have 4 people ready to book Its rare that they will allow 2 people to book 9201 but the other cabin on the other side is for 2 persons- not as large as this one though but big enough

Conquest 9201 is a 2 person room.

I loved that cabin. Below in my signature you will see pictures of the Valor 9201. The Sunshine had a window in the far corners that the Valor had covered. It was so much fun to see everything! Expand my signature to see them.

We usually cruise in suites and we absolutely love the space and balconies. We especially love coffee on the balcony! In all fairness though, we like to nap on our vacations plus we have a kiddo with disabilities that sometimes gets tired and also needs a nap. If we didn't spend so much time in our room, it might not be worth the money.