First activities when you board?

engrdad

We always purchase FTTF. We typically go straight to our cabin since we're carrying 4 cases of sodas + luggage so we drop all of that off then head to get some lunch. After that we usually just people watch from lido until muster.

So there are 8 of you carrying 4 cases of soda? You are only allowed a 12 pack per person

So there are 8 of you carrying 4 cases of soda? You are only allowed a 12 pack per person

There are 4 of us, my wife and I and 2 kids. The kids don't drink soda but we take their allotment.

I mean the 12pk cases, not the 24pk. Sorry I should have been more clear.

When on the breeze, I would sign up for behind the fun, get a guys burger or taco from blue iguana and download hub app . We usually wait to go to our room until it is ready, usually keep our cooler with us and someone will watch it while others get food, use restroom, etc. we like sitting in lido or in atrium until time to leave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really recommend the Cucina's pasta bar during lunch. It's good, it's free, and on our last cruise it was virtually empty when we visited. Nice change from the Lido buffet "zoo." (We stopped at a bar on the way and brought our drinks up to the Cucina...the only other diners in the Cucina were the ship's First Officer and three crewmates. :) )

On what ship is the BBQ open the first day?

On all ships equipped with Guys Pig & Anchor Barbecue Smokehouse (Promenade Deck) and on all ships equipped with Ol' Fashioned Barbecue (Panorama Deck above the buffet, replaced Fish'n'Chips).

Since you have FTTF please remember to have the porters put the orange FTTF luggage tag on your checked baggage if you want to get it earlier, otherwise you will get it at the same time as the rest of the passengers.

The orange tags aren't always a guarantee of faster luggage delivery, but they help. If a porter notices our "Priority" luggage tags and affixes the orange expedite tags without prompting, we double his tip. :)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Go to cabin (if FTTF)

2. Unpack carry-on

3. Verify steakhouse reservations for that night

4. Head to Lido and grab DoD.

5. Have another DoD.

6. Stumble back to cabin

7. Unpack rest of luggage

8. Explore ship until muster

9. Muster

10. Get changed for dinner

11. Stuff ourselves and enjoy night #1

Since i am platinum, i drop my bags off first in the cabin, get a bite to eat anywhere i like ,since the ship is not crowded yet. Next check out the dining room for table assignment. Then back to cabin to change, and off to the hot tub. Next back to cabin for a shower then a nap before muster drill. All with several drinks along the way, that why i need a nap...

Im one of those weirdos who buys fttf but doesnt check in early. I also go italian for lunch and its still super quiet even after the morning check in rush. We drop our bags, have italian for lunch and then go back to our stateroom to unpack. Sometimes I have an item or two to iron and its nice to get all that done before I begin my vacay. After that, sometimes we people watch in the atrium across from the entrance or we take a nap before muster so we have staying power for a late night =) Steakhouse on night one if its just us (and not a group) for the freebie. Our next cruise will have 50 people along and we plan to meet for italian lunch, so its not gonna be quiet up there on the Breeze March 4th sailing LOL.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

We typically head straight to the Atrium bar to make sure our vacation starts off in the right hand, then head to the Lido for some lunch and find us a chair to people watch until the cabin's are ready.

We do the same thing :) It's my favorite tradition with my husband.

We go to the room, drop off our bags (we always get FTTF), then to the Lido deck for a guys burger. A waiter always finds us sometime on the way and I get a funship drink. I usually move onto a different drink after, but I love that first funship when I board! Then we usually people watch, walk around the ship, rest a bit, and pretty much just wait on the muster drill.

I'm loving all these ideas for making an embarkation day tradition.

Last cruise I took the ship was delayed 3 hours docking due to weather so things were crazy. It did mean they tried to be quick with bag searches and everyone had access to their rooms on arrival.

Fingers crossed we can implement a boarding drink and BBQ lunch on the Breeze in January.

In the past, we have always ate lunch on the Lido, then when room is ready, we drop our luggage and go exploring. This upcoming cruise, my first stop is the shore excursion desk, I want to get the Behind the Fun tour! I have FTTF, so after that we'll drop our bags, grab lunch (thinking the Italian restaurant) and then take my husband exploring as it will be his first cruise to kill time before muster and then who knows what the night will bring.

We always get FTTF, so we go straight to our room, unpack our carryons and put up our door decorations (and usually meet our room steward). Then we head up to Lido to make sure our Bottomless bubbles is working, and get our first soda and then straight to Blue Iguana for burritos/tacos. After that, we grab a Fun Ship and head back to the room to see if the rest of our luggage has arrived. If it has, we unpack, if not, we head to the spa to take a tour and enter the drawing. We walk around the ship a little, and then head to muster. Then deck chairs on Lido for sailaway, usually with something frozen, and then back to the spa for the drawing to see if we win anything. After that it's back to the room to check if the luggage arrived and unpack (if it didn't earlier), and then usually a nap/laying around until we get ready for 8PM dinner. It's a pretty chill, exploratory day for us.

We go to the lido deck for lunch (tip: it seems like people crowd around the first lines at the buffet but if you go further in you will find less people). Weather permitting we sit out by the pool and have dod, then explore the ship, go to our room, unpack....

We try to have big breakfast the morning of that first day, since we routinely do the steakhouse that first evening. Of course, 2 DoD's on a somewhat empty stomach is never a good thing!

Do you have any breakfast recommendations for Galveston TX?