Royal Suite Perks - Reflection

Noreen411

Hi

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Celebrity.

We will be on Celebrity Reflection.

We normally cruise Royal Caribbean, but wanted to do something different as we’ll be celebrating my 50th birthday.

I originally booked a Celebrity Suite but just upgraded to a Royal Suite when it became available.

I was reading on line about some of the perks of the Royal Suite and wanted to understand how they work.

It says complimentary specialty restaurants. Do we book these in advance on the cruise planner? Or do we wait until onboard and have the Concierge book it for us? Will the concierge contact us in advance to book restaurants? When we were in the Celebrity Suite (without included specialty restaurants) I booked Murano and QSine and used onboard credit to pay for them. What happens to those reservations?

It mentions a bar set up and restocking. What does this entail? Will we be contacted to see what we want? Do we just tell them when we board? Is it unlimited things like bottled water, cans of soda? It mentioned Gin or Vodka and mixers. My husband likes Gin and Tonic. Will they stock that for him as well?

Do we get free laundry? Is it the fill a bag type with socks, T shirts, and underwear? Something different?

Is there special seating areas for shows? At the pool?

Are there any other perks we should be aware of to make sure we use them?

We are Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean so understand we’ll have reciprocal benefits as Elite on Celebrity so we may get some perks for that as well?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

You will be contacted by the shore side concierge about a week before the cruise. She will arrange the restaurant reservations are bar set up. They will provide gin and tonic. Laundry is unlimited within reason.

No special seating at the pool. Evening chic nights has special seating in the theater. Your on board credit will be restored. The benefits of the royal suite trumps the captain's club benefits. Bar set up include s water and soft drinks.

You will be contacted by the shore side concierge about a week before the cruise. She will arrange the restaurant reservations are bar set up. They will provide gin and tonic. Laundry is unlimited within reason.

No special seating at the pool. Evening chic nights has special seating in the theater. Your on board credit will be restored. The benefits of the royal suite trumps the captain's club benefits. Bar set up include s water and soft drinks.

Thank you very much

This is exactly what I was looking for

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don’t forget to order a bottle for yourself. You will get 2 bottles of liquor in your stateroom, so your husband can have his bottle of Gin and you can have your bottle of “something” to enjoy with him. If you each have a specific brand that you enjoy, make sure you ask for it.

If you are not champagne fans, you can ask your butler to exchange it for a bottle of wine.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can specify 2 x 1l bottles of spirit, beer types, sodas etc for the bar set up.

We usually let the the shoreside concierge know pre cruise our requests for first and second night dining reservations. Once on board we will ask the concierge for the menus for Luminae for the rest of the cruise. We will then look at the menus then provisionally get our butler to book the rest of our dining bookings. Murano’s can be busy (as I believe can Lawn Grill) so we pre book on boarding and then ask the butler to adjust our bookings if necessary as the cruise progresses.

Re laundry, we usually on boarding will send a few items for pressing then during the cruise a few bags of general washing. If you want items dry cleaning or washing and pressing just write it on the laundry slip. If you are unsure just talk to your butler and he will sort it for you.

Think pre cruise if there are any extra experiences you may enjoy (bridge tour, Kitchen tour, behind the scenes tour...) let the concierge know early in the cruise and he/she will usually sort.

Whilst you will have a premium drinks package I am sure you will enjoy Michael’s Club pre and post dinner for drinks...they also provide a very nice afternoon tea!

Sincere best wishes for a great birthday cruise!

Don’t forget to order a bottle for yourself. You will get 2 bottles of liquor in your stateroom, so your husband can have his bottle of Gin and you can have your bottle of “something” to enjoy with him. If you each have a specific brand that you enjoy, make sure you ask for it.

If you are not champagne fans, you can ask your butler to exchange it for a bottle of wine.

Randy

I am not really much of a drinker.

Maybe some froo froo drink here and there so any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you

You can specify 2 x 1l bottles of spirit, beer types, sodas etc for the bar set up.

We usually let the the shoreside concierge know pre cruise our requests for first and second night dining reservations. Once on board we will ask the concierge for the menus for Luminae for the rest of the cruise. We will then look at the menus then provisionally get our butler to book the rest of our dining bookings. Murano’s can be busy (as I believe can Lawn Grill) so we pre book on boarding and then ask the butler to adjust our bookings if necessary as the cruise progresses.

Re laundry, we usually on boarding will send a few items for pressing then during the cruise a few bags of general washing. If you want items dry cleaning or washing and pressing just write it on the laundry slip. If you are unsure just talk to your butler and he will sort it for you.

Think pre cruise if there are any extra experiences you may enjoy (bridge tour, Kitchen tour, behind the scenes tour...) let the concierge know early in the cruise and he/she will usually sort.

Whilst you will have a premium drinks package I am sure you will enjoy Michael’s Club pre and post dinner for drinks...they also provide a very nice afternoon tea!

Wow

A lot of great info that I wouldn’t have thought of

Thank you

I am not really much of a drinker.

Maybe some froo froo drink here and there so any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you

How about a bottle of Kahlua (mix with milk for a brown cow)? It’s important to get your calcium to ensure you have strong bones!

Randy

The answers you have received so far have been comprehensive so I have little to have other than it really helps the crew if you can mention any other special room set-up you would like when the shore side concierge contacts you. The sort of things you may want are extra hangers (if you do not travel light!), bed arrangement (two singles or king-size - I believe the beds split in all Royal suites), the brand of water and soda you prefer, etc. These things can be arranged on board when you meet your butler but they are extremely busy on the embarkation day and it really helps if they do not have to do jobs twice. Our butlers often carry our note in their pocket and specifically thank us for saving their time.

Hi Chemmo, excuse me butting in please?

We are In a Royal Suite on Silhouette in May, it's our second X cruise the last was also in a RS, but the MC concierge was new on our cruise so we didn't have any correspondence prior to our cruise. I hope this will not be the case this time (although she did a fabulous job).

You mention having clothing pressed. Was this at an extra charge? Also, you advised letting them know if we'd be interested in bridge tours etc, I would love to do that - again, do they charge for these tours?

Thank you for your help in advance. [emoji41]

We are In a Royal Suite on Silhouette in May, it's our second X cruise the last was also in a RS, but the MC concierge was new on our cruise so we didn't have any correspondence prior to our cruise. I hope this will not be the case this time (although she did a fabulous job).

You mention having clothing pressed. Was this at an extra charge? Also, you advised letting them know if we'd be interested in bridge tours etc, I would love to do that - again, do they charge for these tours?

It is not the MC concierge that contacts you prior to your cruise, it is the shoreside concierge. This is usually done within 3 weeks of your sail date.

They take care of any special requests you have, can make your dinner reservations if you plan on using your speciality dining perk and are there for any pre-cruise questions you have. Each ship is assigned a shoreside concierge and if you need to reach them before they get to you, just call Celebrity and they will direct you to the correct person.

In my experience, sailing in a RS and the PH, we were never charged for garment pressing, but it was only a couple of items at a time (a shirt or dress here and there) I wouldn't hand over my entire wardrobe and expect it at no charge. Your butler will take care of any laundry/pressing you might need.

When you board, speak to the MC concierge about tours and such. They are the person that will arrange that for you. There is no extra cost for most things you would probably request.

Enjoy your cruise!

When the suite life was first introduced it was stated to have ‘unlimited’ laundry then the wording changed to ‘twice per cruise’. We asked our butler about it and he said there had been one or two RS/PH with extended families in non suite rooms who had been sending in literally the full family wash! The ‘twice per cruise’ was introduced to allow the butlers a polite way of saying ‘no more free’.....We don’t send in lots of stuff but certainly we do send in a bit of pressing first day and a couple of bags during the cruise. We have never been charged.

Bridge tours (and other tours) are free for suite guests. They are usually fairly small groups too. They usually run on a couple on sea days...Sometimes we have simply received an invite, on another occasion we were personally invited by the Captain. If you let the concierge know you are interested she will make sure you have an invite (unless for any particular reason) they were not running.

Prior to your cruise it is no longer the Michael’s Club Concierge who contacts you it is the ‘Shoreside’ Concierge. We tend to have a draft ready to read out and forward with bar set up details etc...It can be a bit hit and miss what information makes it to the ship but the butler soon sorts it all out.

Hope you have a great cruise, less than four weeks to go for us now!

When the suite life was first introduced it was stated to have ‘unlimited’ laundry then the wording changed to ‘twice per cruise’. We asked our butler about it and he said there had been one or two RS/PH with extended families in non suite rooms who had been sending in literally the full family wash! The ‘twice per cruise’ was introduced to allow the butlers a polite way of saying ‘no more free’.....We don’t send in lots of stuff but certainly we do send in a bit of pressing first day and a couple of bags during the cruise. We have never been charged.

Bridge tours (and other tours) are free for suite guests. They are usually fairly small groups too. They usually run on a couple on sea days...Sometimes we have simply received an invite, on another occasion we were personally invited by the Captain. If you let the concierge know you are interested she will make sure you have an invite (unless for any particular reason) they were not running.

Prior to your cruise it is no longer the Michael’s Club Concierge who contacts you it is the ‘Shoreside’ Concierge. We tend to have a draft ready to read out and forward with bar set up details etc...It can be a bit hit and miss what information makes it to the ship but the butler soon sorts it all out.

Hope you have a great cruise, less than four weeks to go for us now!

Thank you so much. Very helpful.

Only 4 weeks for you? Lucky thing. I'm sure May will be here before we know it. It's certainly jolly freezing here at the moment! ❄️[emoji944]❄️

Thank you so much. Very helpful.

Only 4 weeks for you? Lucky thing. I'm sure May will be here before we know it. It's certainly jolly freezing here at the moment! ❄️[emoji944]❄️

Not too warm here either! Can’t wait to be soooo hot I just must have a pina colada!

I am sure you will really love your RS. Another thing I didn’t mention was booking at least the first nights restaurant reservation with the shoreside concierge....We tend to book Tuscan Grill, we always ask for a window. We then peruse our menus with a glass of wine. Through those fantastic windows we look at the wake of the ship....Now we know we are leaving reality behind for a couple of weeks of magic!

With all the specialty restaurants included, do you eat at Luminae frequently?

On Royal we would eat every night at Coastal Kitchen. We also ate most breakfasts there and usually skipped lunch. We liked the food and having the same waiter. And we have already done the different specialty restaurants on Royal

Since Celebrity is new to us do you recommend trying each of the specialty restaurants and go to Luminae the other nights?

For my actual bday dinner would you recommend Murano or something else?

Thank you

With all the specialty restaurants included, do you eat at Luminae frequently?

On Royal we would eat every night at Coastal Kitchen. We also ate most breakfasts there and usually skipped lunch. We liked the food and having the same waiter. And we have already done the different specialty restaurants on Royal

Since Celebrity is new to us do you recommend trying each of the specialty restaurants and go to Luminae the other nights?

For my actual bday dinner would you recommend Murano or something else?

Thank you

We find the service in Luminae outstanding but the menu choice quite limited. We also really love all the speciality restaurants but in particular Murano’s. Almost as a tradition now first night is Tuscan...

We ask the concierge on boarding for copies of the Luminae menu for the week. We then look through for nights we like...we then book in the rest of our speciality meals. I think you will find Luminae much better than Coastal Kitchen in terms of food, service and surroundings.

For a special occasion we love Murano’s. Make sure you order at least one dish that has some tableside preparation.

Luminae has a great lunchtime menu but it can be quite filling....only open on sea days.

Breakfast in Luminae is wide and varied but can take a while so on port days we sometimes prefer just a quick room service.

We also enjoy Oceanview, we find the ‘flow’ as well as the food much better than Windjammer.

I would make sure you try all of the speciality restaurants at least once although many suite guests prefer to dine in Luminae...

• Thanks 1

We find the service in Luminae outstanding but the menu choice quite limited. We also really love all the speciality restaurants but in particular Murano’s. Almost as a tradition now first night is Tuscan...

We ask the concierge on boarding for copies of the Luminae menu for the week. We then look through for nights we like...we then book in the rest of our speciality meals. I think you will find Luminae much better than Coastal Kitchen in terms of food, service and surroundings.

For a special occasion we love Murano’s. Make sure you order at least one dish that has some tableside preparation.

Luminae has a great lunchtime menu but it can be quite filling....only open on sea days.

Breakfast in Luminae is wide and varied but can take a while so on port days we sometimes prefer just a quick room service.

We also enjoy Oceanview, we find the ‘flow’ as well as the food much better than Windjammer.

I would make sure you try all of the speciality restaurants at least once although many suite guests prefer to dine in Luminae...

Thank you for the feedback

It’s an 11 night cruise so we should be able to try most of the specialty restaurants

Thank yiu

Thank you for the feedback

It’s an 11 night cruise so we should be able to try most of the specialty restaurants

Thank yiu

Chemmo has made some good suggestions.

I would recommend that you try all the speciality restaurants at least once. (Except maybe Qsine). Do not forget a special lunch as well. The Lawn Grill, Porch, and Sushi on 5 are included. The Porch is a great setting for lunch on a sea day IMO.

Although we were able to dine in the speciality restaurants without an extra charge, we had dinner in Luminae more than half the time on our 14 day cruise.

My DW and I review menus for the whole cruise, so that we not miss anything special in Luminae.

Enjoy the experience. We certainly did.

Chemmo has made some good suggestions.

I would recommend that you try all the speciality restaurants at least once. (Except maybe Qsine). Do not forget a special lunch as well. The Lawn Grill, Porch, and Sushi on 5 are included. The Porch is a great setting for lunch on a sea day IMO.

Although we were able to dine in the speciality restaurants without an extra charge, we had dinner in Luminae more than half the time on our 14 day cruise.

My DW and I review menus for the whole cruise, so that we not miss anything special in Luminae.

Enjoy the experience. We certainly did.

Thank you, we will try to do so

Do you think we should make all the reservations in advance or will there be availability once on board?

Thank you

When we were in a Royal Suiteon the Reflection we only ate breakfast inLuminae. Since you have already paid the up charge to the RS, you have paid for all meals in specialty restaurants. We liked the Porch or Lawn Club for Lunch. We are not big eaters so we often just had the flatbread and salad at the Lawn Club. The portions at the Specialty Restaurants are huge and we did not want to return home with extra pounds. Ask your Butler to have an evening cocktail party in your Suite with the other Royal Suite passengers. If you get along you may want to dine with some of them for lunch or dinner. We received no attention from the Michaels Club hostess as she was too busy with the many sky suite passengers to assist us. The Butler, however was helpful when he was not in the 9 other Suites he was responsible for including the Penthouse. They are stretched very thin!

Thank you, we will try to do so

Do you think we should make all the reservations in advance or will there be availability once on board?

Thank you

You can wait if you want to review the Luminae menus. But I suggest you do it ASAP. You can also make the reservations when Celebrity calls and then move them later. I general try to eat in Luminae on the Chic nights.

Very interesting to know that you can ask for menus for Luminae for the whole week. Last time we were in a RS we were given the menus a day in advance, same on all ships we've been on, but to see the whole week would certainly help with booking the speciality restaurants. We loved Tuscan Grill too, and Murano - best at sea restaurant we've eaten at.

Someone said Quisine was not worth booking, but we had a really fun evening there on The Eclipse with friends and the good matched the fun theme.

We've not been on a ship with The Lawn Grill, so really looking forward to trying that. And did someone say there was a "Porch" restaurant? Again, don't remember that on Eclipse......

Very interesting to know that you can ask for menus for Luminae for the whole week. Last time we were in a RS we were given the menus a day in advance, same on all ships we've been on, but to see the whole week would certainly help with booking the speciality restaurants. We loved Tuscan Grill too, and Murano - best at sea restaurant we've eaten at.

Someone said Quisine was not worth booking, but we had a really fun evening there on The Eclipse with friends and the good matched the fun theme.

We've not been on a ship with The Lawn Grill, so really looking forward to trying that. And did someone say there was a "Porch" restaurant? Again, don't remember that on Eclipse......

The Porch is only on the Silhouette and Reflection. I could understand why the Qusine would be more fun with a group.

The Porch is only on the Silhouette and Reflection. I could understand why the Qusine would be more fun with a group.

Oh yey! I can try Porch on Silhouette in May then. Thank you. [emoji4]

Yes, we have requested and received print outs for the full cruise. Usually we ask the concierge or butler on boarding and have received them by after breakfast first day.

Alternatively, if you don’t want to ‘overplan’ copies of each nights menu is available in Michael’s just after breakfast or if you breakfast in Luminae you can then ask to see that nights menu. This will then give you the opportunity to ask your butler to book you in somewhere else if you don’t fancy that evenings Luminae offerings.

It will depend on the type of person you are as to how organised you want/need to be. We know many suite guests who pre book just one or two nights then just sort the rest of the time as they go along....Luminae is open seating, no need to book and even Murano’s which tends to be the busiest restaurant will try their best to fit you in, especially if you can be flexible about the time you dine...

In addition to ‘organising’ where to eat based on menus we do look at the itinerary too. For example, I don’t think we would do Murano’s justice after a really heavy port day and Lawn Club and Tuscan offer great locations on leaving ports...

We do allow flexibility in our dining and always remember you can have an MDR meal served course by course on your own balcony....we are fans of Oceanview too...just because you are in a suite doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy casual dining the odd night!

Have a great cruise!