ship laundry service

R Prim

We have been VIP for a long time but never taken advantage of the free laundry service. We are going on an Alaska cruise in May and want to use this. Checking to see if those that have used the service have been happy. Can you send delicates or is everything washed in hot water and dried on high? Are items folded or just stuffed back in a bag. I know they have laundromats and that certainly is another option. Thanks for your input.

Edited by R Prim

We have used both - and I have been very happy with their laundry service - everything was folded or on hangers and in great conditions. Also, we marked delicates to be handled with care and they were in perfect condition coming back to us. Having also used self service and that went really well too - really up to you how much you want to do housework LOL

We have been VIP for a long time but never taken advantage of the free laundry service. We are going on an Alaska cruise in May and want to use this. Checking to see if those that have used the service have been happy. Can you send delicates or is everything washed in hot water and dried on high? Are items folded or just stuffed back in a bag. I know they have laundromats and that certainly is another option. Thanks for your input.

I've sent polo and tee shirts, briefs and socks out to be laundered as a perk and never had a problem. All folded and bagged and left on the bed the next day. I don't have any "delicates" to send out. Best perk IMO.

We used it on our B2B in December and we loved it. We didn't send anything I would consider delicate but we sent shorts, shirts, underwear, socks, workout clothes, etc. everything came back nicely folded. I also love that it was same day service.

As most have stated, we send cottons, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, and polos. We don't send delicates either. They may do a fine job with special instruction but we don't want to risk it.

We have sent out clothing for ironing only as well, but that is at an extra charge and not included in the platinum or higher laundry service, but well worth it to us, as we refuse to iron while on vacation.

We've never had a problem with the laundry service. I highly recommend for convenience sake. The do a great job. We usually send a couple bags each time. It's great having clean clothes to go home with too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only sent out 1 bag on our B2B cruises (2013 & 2014) and have been pleased both times.

I sent out capris, socks, & nighty. I do not sent any of my delicate tops or undies as I wash those in cold water & delicate dry cycle.

Love the laundry service! I've planned excursions around sending it! The excursions I know I'll get dirty on, like ATM or zip lining, I do the day before I send it! (Not much ATM or zipping in Alaska!)

Dad owned dry cleaning/laundry businesses and I worked there as a kid, so I'm pretty picky. They do a VERY nice job! They do use very hot water (using a bit of lye--verified on Behind the Fun tour) and hot dryers. Things that shrink, probably would.

You'll find the bag and list in the drawer or in the closet. You send the whole multiple page list, so keep a note for yourself about what you sent to be sure you get it back. I either leave mine on the bed, if the steward is due, or put it in the hall for pickup. It magically shows up about 7:30pm.

They will put the charge on your S&S and then remove it.

Love the laundry service! I've planned excursions around sending it! The excursions I know I'll get dirty on, like ATM or zip lining, I do the day before I send it! (Not much ATM or zipping in Alaska!)

Dad owned dry cleaning/laundry businesses and I worked there as a kid, so I'm pretty picky. They do a VERY nice job! They do use very hot water (using a bit of lye--verified on Behind the Fun tour) and hot dryers. Things that shrink, probably would.

You'll find the bag and list in the drawer or in the closet. You send the whole multiple page list, so keep a note for yourself about what you sent to be sure you get it back. I either leave mine on the bed, if the steward is due, or put it in the hall for pickup. It magically shows up about 7:30pm.

They will put the charge on your S&S and then remove it.

To get laundry back the same day find we have to tell room steward it is coming the next day and than remind him/her in the morning.

Otherwise find we get it the next day.

Never thought of leaving it in the hallway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Be sure to specify no hot water and I never send items that cannot be dried in high heat. Also be cautious about including any bright red items in your laundry. Most of my white socks are pink do to that.

Edited by Jana60

We use it for 'no worry' items like pants, underwear, socks, etc. but picked up a hint here that seems to work.

DO NOT stuff your laundry bag full. Apparently it goes into a mesh bag to be washed, and it's best if that bag is not over full. If you have a lot, send it out on two different days.

gary

p.s. Wife once suggested that as we leave home for a cruise (driving) we strip the sheets off the bed and bring them for the free service. :)

We take a picture of what we send out, then delete it when we get the clothes back. Sometimes things do get mixed up.

We sent out laundry which included a red shirt. Later in the day, the room steward came with a laundry attendant and the attendant had 2 similar red shirts in a basket. They were folding clothes and these 2 pieces got mixed up. We recognized which shirt was ours.

No thank you...I do not want my clothes washed with other's, no matter how hot the water is, and what they put in there. I just pack enough clothes, yep..pay the extra luggage fees, for as long as I need. Sometimes over 2 weeks! Just my opinion!

I understand but it is wonderful to have the option. Another great reason to cruise - we can do what we want!

NO! DO NOT SEND DELICATES!

Shirts will come back very wrinkled. I only send socks, shorts, jeans, underwear and an occasional perma-press shirt I will have to iron if I want to wear it again.

NO! DO NOT SEND DELICATES!

Shirts will come back very wrinkled. I only send socks, shorts, jeans, underwear and an occasional perma-press shirt I will have to iron if I want to wear it again.

Dont send out dress shirts but find golf shirts and T shirts come back nicely folded and not wrinkled.