question on how many times can you change a cruise booking

jon46

I already changed the Bliss cruise out of Miami this Jan. 2019 to Dec 2019 out of NYC. Now my wife wants us to drive to Miami, so I'm thinking of changing to the Encore out of Miami Jan 2021. Anyone think I would have any trouble with this.

no I'm way before final payment. Just never did this before.

I don't think you will have any problems...prices and perks may vary however.

Edited to add and ask....Are there actually cruises listed for the Encore yet in January 2021?

53 times exactly, then you must stop. Just kidding. As others have said, you aren't making changes to a booking. You are canceling and rebooking, which you can do as much as you want prior to final payment date. Just keep in mind that each time you do it, you are booking a new cruise under whatever the promos are available at that time, not what they were for your original booking.

I have made three changes to a Mediterranean cruise in 2019. Have to admit, I did feel bad during this last change, but only a little.

It's the perfect ship (the Pearl) with the perfect route (Venice-Rome) and the perfect month (September.) So I had to do it! The person on the phone was very kind to me. Go for it.

What happens to your insurance when you change your booking?

Does the insurance just move to the new booking or do you lose the insurance? Thanks!

It moves to new booking if insurance is through NCL if cruise is more they will add additional insurance fee, outside vendor guess you need to call, cancel and rebook new insurance

When NCL canceled our cruise, our insurance company (we booked the cruise and insurance through a military travel agency) just held the insurance for us. We booked another cruise with MSC and there was not an issue at all. Insurance was moved over and since it was a longer and more expensive cruise we paid the difference. It was seamless.

I already changed the Bliss cruise out of Miami this Jan. 2019 to Dec 2019 out of NYC. Now my wife wants us to drive to Miami, so I'm thinking of changing to the Encore out of Miami Jan 2021. Anyone think I would have any trouble with this.

As long as it is prior to the due date for final payment you can change as many times as you want without penalty.

Operative words - “TA can tolerate.”

If you book directly with NCL the answer is an unlimited number of times. If you book with a TA, they may refuse to do it for you after one or two changes.

I did write the wrong year it's 2020. As far as the insurance last time I changed, I just told them my new dates and amount of the cruise since out of NY was more I just added the extra amount. they sent me an e-mail of the different contract. So I'm hoping it will be the same this time.