Just off 9 night ABC on the Navigator!!!

AggieCard

Just got off the Navigator of the Seas 9 night cruise to the ABC islands and wanting to see if anyone had any questions. About 24 hours removed now, but didn't see any other posts so wanted to put this out there. Overall the cruise was amazing and I am now officially diamond. Let me know if you have questions and I am happy to answer.

Who cares about the drink cards when you are diamond and can get many drinks between 4:30/5:00-8:00/8:30 every day? Of course unless you want to be “buzzed” all day:)

Sometimes you want a drink that they cannot make in the lounges and/or maybe at the pool during the day.

Just got off the Navigator of the Seas 9 night cruise to the ABC islands and wanting to see if anyone had any questions. About 24 hours removed now, but didn't see any other posts so wanted to put this out there. Overall the cruise was amazing and I am now officially diamond. Let me know if you have questions and I am happy to answer.

We did same cruise 2 months ago and turned diamond plus, also had a great cruise, really enjoyed guitar player singer Henry Hood in pub was he still there

Sometimes you want a drink that they cannot make in the lounges and/or maybe at the pool during the day.

Good point...I guess we just don’t think about drinking during the day...only water or ice tea. And one glass of wine for me in the evening is enough, otherwise I’d be one of those people sleeping during the shows:)

We willl be on Navigator March 2nd.....

Who was the CD? Activities Manager?

Did they have a 70s night? Any other Themed nights?

Food overall....in your opinion. Did they have the old menues with pimento, sage, etc or the new? Did they allow Diamond vouchers in the MDR?

Did they really start selling the 10 drink card on the first day?? How much?

Thank You!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Who cares about the drink cards when you are diamond and can get many drinks between 4:30/5:00-8:00/8:30 every day? Of course unless you want to be “buzzed” all day:)

Not everyone on this forum is diamond so I appreciate the question. Tried to find the drink cards on the Serenade last year and they weren't available at all on our 11-day sailing.

Sounds like you had a great time! We are doing a Celebrity Cruise in December that also includes the ABC islands, it will be a first time visit to all of them for us - can I ask if you recommend undertaking excursions for any of the islands specifically? I am researching as we speak and are happy to DIY sightsee but don't want to miss something outstanding! We have a snorkelling trip booked for Bonaire :)

Who was the CD? Activities Manager?

Did they have a 70s night? Any other Themed nights?

Food overall....in your opinion. Did they have the old menues with pimento, sage, etc or the new? Did they allow Diamond vouchers in the MDR?

Did they really start selling the 10 drink card on the first day?? How much?

Thank You!

I also was on the 2/2/18 sailing of Navigator. Cruise Director was Cuddy Cudworth with Activity Manager Daniel Edward. Both were a lot of fun..

Lots of fun activities. Cuddy has been on board since 11/24/17 and due for vacation end of March, so it would seem that you will have Cuddy. Simona Ferraiuolo takes over to cover for Cuddy. No word on whether Cuddy returns to NV after his 2 month vacation.

Overall the food was fine....we are easy to please however when it comes to food....if I don't like something, I order something else. The only specialty restaurant we visit is Izumi and it was excellent.

I did not hear the announcements pushing the drink cards at all....but my ears might not pick up on that, since we are not big drinkers and our Diamond benefits work just fine for us.

There was a 70's party in the Royal Promenade; there was a 50's/60's party in Studio B on another night.

Overall a very enjoyable cruise.

I also was on the 2/2/18 sailing of Navigator. Cruise Director was Cuddy Cudworth with Activity Manager Daniel Edward. Both were a lot of fun..

Lots of fun activities. Cuddy has been on board since 11/24/17 and due for vacation end of March, so it would seem that you will have Cuddy. Simona Ferraiuolo takes over to cover for Cuddy. No word on whether Cuddy returns to NV after his 2 month vacation.

Overall the food was fine....we are easy to please however when it comes to food....if I don't like something, I order something else. The only specialty restaurant we visit is Izumi and it was excellent.

I did not hear the announcements pushing the drink cards at all....but my ears might not pick up on that, since we are not big drinkers and our Diamond benefits work just fine for us.

There was a 70's party in the Royal Promenade; there was a 50's/60's party in Studio B on another night.

Overall a very enjoyable cruise.

Thanks Paulette!

Do you know if Navigator was using the old menus?

I was on the 1/19 ABC cruise on Navigator and they didn't offer the 10 drink cards until day 6. We asked one of the bartenders on the evening of day 5 and they said they would be available starting the next morning. There was a small blurb in the Cruise Compass the next morning also but easily overlooked if you weren't looking for it.

Why did you choose Navigator for the ABC islands over taking a cruise from San Juan to them?

We're booked in November, and my reasoning for choosing Navigator over San Juan is because the itinerary from San Juan is very port intensive with only 1 day at sea total. Navigator is a nice split between sea days and port days. Also, air fare is slightly cheaper to Miami vs. San Juan at least for us.

We're booked in November, and my reasoning for choosing Navigator over San Juan is because the itinerary from San Juan is very port intensive with only 1 day at sea total. Navigator is a nice split between sea days and port days. Also, air fare is slightly cheaper to Miami vs. San Juan at least for us.
Same reasons for us....

We also have the added benefit of having my MIL in Fort Lauderdale for a free room and transfer to Miami.

Food overall....in your opinion. Did they have the old menues with pimento, sage, etc or the new?

Thank You!

We were on 1/19. Old menus. We thought the food was ok. It was better than Oasis in October. But not great. We thought the desserts lacked appeal.