Help me decide - Miracle or Freedom

CruzinKristin

Spring Break 2019 it will be myself and my 7 year old son both previous cruisers. Husband will be home working.

Help me choose between the Miracle and Freedom. Both are close in price and have the same itinerary (Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay) except the Miracle will have an additional stop in Grand Cayman.

Flying in from Indianapolis.

Thanks!

Been on both ships and visited all the ports except Grand Cayman. Personally, I'd choose Freedom. The one slight disadvantage would be the slightly greater distance from HOU down to Galveston. Definitely compare your prices including airfare because it would influence my decision.

Spring Break 2019 it will be myself and my 7 year old son both previous cruisers. Husband will be home working.

Help me choose between the Miracle and Freedom. Both are close in price and have the same itinerary (Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay) except the Miracle will have an additional stop in Grand Cayman.

Flying in from Indianapolis.

Thanks!

The Freedom is 10 times a better ship. It is built better and in better shape. It also has stuff that Miracle does not. I do not like the miracle. I try not to go on a ship that does not have the 2.0 upgrades.

We loved Grand Cayman on the Miracle in April. We liked the Spirit class ship. Our room was extended balcony was super noisy but we really liked the ship. I will say I kind of missed Guys and the Blue Iguana on the Miracle. I would take the extra port because we liked Grand Cayman. We’re beach people and 7 mile beach was really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sailed Miracle in early August with my 6 and 7 year old (at the time). Grand Cayman is a GREAT port. Your son will LOVEEEEE Stingray City, so if you choose an excursion, try and do that one. We did the stingray city + turtle swim, and my kids loved both. Although, I thought the turtle swim was extremely boring but my kids did not. They get to scoop up the turtles and hold them on their own. If it's for your son, do the turtle swim. If it's for you, skip the turtle swim. Stingray city was great for all of us, and we had ample time to swim with the stingrays, and kiss them! lol. Miracle has the waterslide for the kids, and the pools are okay. We did the Build-a-bear (around $45) event onboard, and we also did the Dr. Seuss breakfast ($5 per person). They had some children events with the Dr. Seuss theme, but we skipped most of them because we were busy doing other things. We were never bored, though. My kids loved Camp Ocean, and they have a lot planned for the kids within the Camp Ocean umbrella.

We had the same itinerary as yours, and it was such an incredible trip! We've done many trips with our children, and they said that this last trip was their favorite. Sorry, Mickey Mouse.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This was our excursion schedule that our 6, and 7 year old enjoyed:

Mexico- Dolphin Discovery

Belize- Snorkel with Rays & Sharks + Caye Caulker

Honduras- Relax on the beach package: This beach is perfect for kids. Depth of water, clear, seashell collecting, and the blue floats that are provided with the package. Get there as soon as it docks!

Grand Cayman- Stingray city + Turtle swim.

Hope you have a great trip!