O Ship Bathrooms

Mah jongg queen

This is probably an exercise in futility, but here goes. When Oceania decides to refurbish the Marina and Riviera, perhaps they would eliminate the bathtub/shower combination in the A and B rooms and replace it with a large shower only. The tub/shower is TOO high to get into safely for older adults and the small glass wall DOES NOT keep the water from pouring onto the floor. Since I asssume some people like a bath, maybe they could keep some of the rooms the way they are now, but reconfigure the bulk of the rooms. Then they could replace that small shower with a second sink and mirror or leave it empty. I'm not sure what the other room category bathrooms look like, but if they are the same as A and B, they should do the same for them. Just a thought!

The "stand- alone" shower is pretty small and as I said the tub/shower is really high and the small glass "wall" doesn't really keep the water from the floor.

I guess you can't make everyone happy. It seems that the stand alone shower makes most people happy.

The "stand- alone" shower is pretty small and as I said the tub/shower is really high and the small glass "wall" doesn't really keep the water from the floor.

Then you probably won't be doing any sailing charters in the future: hand held shower and toilet in the same head enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please, no matter what...LEAVE tubs in SOME rooms for those of us who WILL NOT sail on ship without one. ]Posted this on a thread before. All people DO NOT want showers only.Why change them all?? Makes no sense.This way makes everyone happy to have a CHOICE.

Totally agree! Some of us love the luxury of a tub, as well as the efficiency of a shower.

Until you trip and fall getting in and out in rough seas

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

Not going to happen to me because if you are silly enough to take a bath in rough seas the only thing that gets soaked is your cabin.

We love the tub. It is a much higher priority for us than a closet. Or a bigger shower.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not think Oceania has any plans to remove tubs on the O class ships at this point in time so it is a moot point

Wishful thinking maybe

DH loves the tub I like the stand alone shower

If the seas are rough I would rather be in the cozy shower

JMO

I do not use the tub. I understand that some people enjoy a tub. When booking a hotel or cruise , I ask for a walk in shower. I was on the Windstar Legend in May. I was offered a free 3 category upgrade if I would take a suite with no tub or double sinks. I was thrilled with the large walk in shower. As we get older, climbing into a tub to take a shower is a challenge. I would love it if cruise lines had some cabins with tubs and some with just a large shower. Regardless Marina and Riviera have larger bathrooms than the R ships. My spouse refuses to book an R ship because the bathroom is tiny.