Spectrum on sale already?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Unlikely for the general public.

My diary is clear from April 11 onwards... just in case she does anything from Southampton or Barcelona.

I cannot believe they would set her off to Asia full with paying guests without a few UAT / stress test cruises first. They should have learnt this lesson from Quantum.... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot believe they would set her off to Asia full with paying guests without a few UAT / stress test cruises first. They should have learnt this lesson from Quantum....

I didn't hear of any complaints from Ovation's first sailing after she came out of the factory - Spectrum seems to be a repeat of that.

I didn't hear of any complaints from Ovation's first sailing after she came out of the factory - Spectrum seems to be a repeat of that.

Have to agree.. I did Ovation's first sailing to Rotterdam. Not a screw driver in sight!

I'm just grasping at straws in hope! ;p

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think they will do a Southampton to Barcelona like they did with Ovation ?

I just saw that the first cruise on Spectrum has gone Code Red... she definitely isn’t sold out... playing with itinerary... or adding a new one... 🤞?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We hadn’t heard of this itiniery (Bacelona to Singapore) or even this SHIP, until last Monday...

At that time - most of the places we looked at for pricing showed the only available cabins were balconies. We gave the go ahead to book late in the afternoon Tuesday, but Wednesday morning we got an email saying that things were “odd” and that the booking hadn’t actually happened!

The agent had never seen anything quite like this before - but after many hours, we had confirmation of the booking (a GTY balcony and booked with another couple with an identical reservation), late in the afternoon Wednesday.

By Thursday morning - we had cabin numbers!

But it appears to have been “closed” since then. Not sure what to make of it all - I’m trying to think positive thoughts...

And the alternative is a repositioning without people? They still have to go to Asia at that time.

RCI has had non revenue cruises after dry docks and Edge is doing the TA afer coming out of the factory without paying passengers.

RCI has had non revenue cruises after dry docks and Edge is doing the TA afer coming out of the factory without paying passengers.

Yes but they did not cancel revenue cruises for non-revenue cruises because of low bookings.

I just saw that the first cruise on Spectrum has gone Code Red... she definitely isn’t sold out... playing with itinerary... or adding a new one... 🤞?!

Or a charter...has there ever been a full ship charter that occurred right out the shipyard.

I’m just being facetious,but I’m curious if any company has ever tried to request that.

Or a charter...has there ever been a full ship charter that occurred right out the shipyard.

I’m just being facetious,but I’m curious if any company has ever tried to request that.

I've never heard of a repo sailing being chartered.

I don’t think she will be chartered. Sailing is April so many people will have booked flights already. Which will cost more in compensation.

Either she is late.... or she is early....

Another site showed 25% of cabin grades still available so she is far from full.

I don’t think she will be chartered. Sailing is April so many people will have booked flights already. Which will cost more in compensation.

Either she is late.... or she is early....

Another site showed 25% of cabin grades still available so she is far from full.

Meyer Werft has always delivered on time and in the last years even earlier. For other ships they added cruises before, I trust the same will happen for Spectrum. The cruise to Dubai was boring anyway with few stops and why did they originally plan to start in Barcelona?

Sent from my iPad using Forums