Kids Sail Free

The last sale ended ~Jan 3rd. I know this as my husband told me to “go ahead and book” our cruise on Jan 4th and the sale was over. I’m waiting for the next one too.

I called to see if they would give me a hint when the next one was (they can’t/won’t) and was told they had more kids sale free promos last year than any year so far. She said it was very popular and believes they will come around again. Looking back at the sales in 2017 it looks like the first kids sale happened in May. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year they did it in March, June, August, November & December. They also ran it in January so far this year. I noticed that last year they ran it more often than usual. The past few years, I've noticed it in March & June. But like others have said, there's no rhyme or reason to it. You could also book and re-price when promo comes out as long as you are in North America. I've done that before. Just remember that there are classic block out days: summer, all holidays, spring break etc.

We are sailing March 9 and that one just made the black out dates for KSF. I think because it sails on a Friday, that's how it made the cut. The black out date starts march 10. And yes, I expect tons of children [emoji51]including my own lol

I guess I will see you there ;)

I could be wrong but I believe it's up to 2 kids free sailing in the same stateroom. Still a good savings though.

I have 4 kids (all under 12, can't remember if it's 12 and under or 13 and under is eligible for the kids sail free sale) and all we had to pay on them was port tax (less than $100 each) when we booked a spacious interior back in June of 2017.

I'm expecting 6 in that cabin to be a little cramped but a 7 night cruise fir 6 for under $2300? That's just crazy cheap I thought.

I could be wrong but I believe it's up to 2 kids free sailing in the same stateroom. Still a good savings though.

We have used it for 4 kids in the family stateroom, now called spacious ocean view overlooking front of ship. Saves a ton! And I mean a ton of money. My kids are still small enough to get away with that!

Oh, that's good to know then. I must have read the wrong info somewhere. It's definitely 12 and under though. That part I am sure of.

Yeah thinking seriously about booking another cruise for next spring if they do another kids sail free, as my oldest will turn 13 summer of 2019

I think the family staterooms are very comfortable! We stayed in 8200 on liberty and now we are staying in a promenade room!
thanks for the info, was 8200 spacious (family) interior, ocean view or balcony?

It’s an ocean view at the very front of the ship, so be prepared to walk because the food is at the back of the ship! It was still a great option for our family of 6.

Do you have to book these via TA/ call in to RCCL as I don't see that as an option online

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a price check on a cruise we have booked for last week in August (Mon-Fri). Our kids will be 13 and 9 when we cruise. On the price check, it has the "Kids Sail Free (0-12)" pink box showing on the guest selection. However, when I continue to the last page, my 9 year old shows exact same pricing as my 13 year old. Am I missing something? Or is this just a website glitch? I even tried the suite rooms in case it just applies to the most pricey rooms, but same result. I didn't know that they were rerunning the kids sail free promotion.

Just did a price check on a cruise we have booked for last week in August (Mon-Fri). Our kids will be 13 and 9 when we cruise. On the price check, it has the "Kids Sail Free (0-12)" pink box showing on the guest selection. However, when I continue to the last page, my 9 year old shows exact same pricing as my 13 year old. Am I missing something? Or is this just a website glitch? I even tried the suite rooms in case it just applies to the most pricey rooms, but same result. I didn't know that they were rerunning the kids sail free promotion.

In believe that summer cruises are excluded from kids sail free.

In believe that summer cruises are excluded from kids sail free.

This, most of the time there are date exclusions for the kids sail free promo, summer and spring break are two of the times typically excluded.