Baggage question

iwanabescrapn

We leave next Saturday from Port Canaveral. My question is our luggage tags. I printed them and put clear packaging tape on them but how do I attach them to our bags? I'm thinking a hole punch and maybe a zip tie? Any suggestions from those of you who have cruised before?

Kristy

We leave next Saturday from Port Canaveral. My question is our luggage tags. I printed them and put clear packaging tape on them but how do I attach them to our bags? I'm thinking a hole punch and maybe a zip tie? Any suggestions from those of you who have cruised before?

Kristy

Your idea is fine. Many people do it that way. Assume you are flying - put the cruise luggage tags on after you have landed and removed airline tags.

Kristy

I carry a small stapler in my case and to attach them with.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I carry a small stapler in my case and to attach them with.

So do we - works fine. :) And we don't attach them until we reach the pier. There also really is no need to have them in plastic holders or tape as they are sturdy enough when folded over to stay in tact from the pier to your stateroom. We also make sure we have enough to attach two on each suitcase on different handles to be certain of delivery should one somehow detach.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You could also go to Amazon & look up Cruise luggage tag holders. If you get the quick shipping -you might get the in time. Check it out anyways.

Have a great time.

Thanks! That's what I just did....much easier to me this way! Plus I'm hoping to cruise a LOT so they will come in handy over the years. :D

Kristy

Kristy

Also put some sort of ID inside the suitcase just in case.

DON

I print off two tags for each piece of luggage, placing one on each of the bag's two handles.

I then loop them through the handles and secure them with heavy duty clear packing tape.

I also put an ID in each bag with my name and address on the piece of ID. Adding a cabin number is also a good idea.

Edited by rkacruiser

Might be a little overkill, but when I put my ID inside my suitcase I include whatever information I think would help should my bag need to find it's way back to me. This info includes my cell number and e-mail. And if staying at a hotel pre-cruise then that info as well.

I love those little plastic luggage tag holders from Amazon. Wish I had invented them!