CA point acceleration

Curious if you only accumulate crown and anchor points for completed cruises? Not suggesting I would do it necessarily, but could I theoretically purchase dirt cheap inside room cruises, not go, and still get the points? Currently emerald and eying diamond.

Curious if you only accumulate crown and anchor points for completed cruises? Not suggesting I would do it necessarily, but could I theoretically purchase dirt cheap inside room cruises, not go, and still get the points? Currently emerald and eying diamond.

Nope, you must cruise to get the points.

Book Jr Suite solo. 3x cruise points.

Or even cheap inside solo, 2x cruise points.

This is why the airlines have mostly switched from miles to miles plus $.

A GS is a lot more than 2x an inside, even a lot more than an inside solo.

Hi,

Could you please point me in the direction of these "dirt cheap" deals as I would like to go on them.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Could you please point me in the direction of these "dirt cheap" deals as I would like to go on them.

Thank you in advance.

If the GB means you are UK based then as you may know 'dirt cheap" is thin on the ground over here.

We met a retired chap on Oasis a couple of years ago who was Florida based and he always kept an eye out for last minute Junior Suites and sailed them B2B solo at sometimes unbelievable prices. At 40 odd points for the two weeks he was well on his way to Pinnacle but he just enjoyed it and could travel whenever he wanted at a moments notice as he was retired.

Living the dream!

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

This is another source of "deals": http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The PDF file usually changes every Thursday afternoon.

I was Emerald for only 1 cruise. I recently obtained 18 points for sailing solo in an interior for a 9 night and hit 80 exactly on the dot. "Dirt Cheap" usually involves sailing from a port close to home to avoid airfare cause that adds to the cost of the trip. I would not suggest getting Jr. suites unless it *really* cheap, for the additional point. I usually found that it doubles from interior to jr. suite, and unless you're strapped for time, the extra point isn't worth the extra money you're putting in a Jr. Suite alone.

I think if you've got money to throw at this, you're totally going about it the wrong way! Reaching a new loyalty tier is more a bragging rights thing than anything. The real perks are what...access to another bar and priority wait listing and seating? Those things are cool, but are they worth thousands of dollars? I'd so much rather take that same money and book a suite, which gets you plenty of benefits as well, plus double cruise points, plus you're actually ON the cruise ;)

Am I missing something that you're one person staying in a Junior suite and earning 3x points? And you're getting double points on a solo inside?

So say myself, my husband and our daughter are on a 9 day in a junior suite. When I leave the ship they credit my account for 18 points. 9x2=18 Where does the 3x come in? Because if that's the case, RC owes me a lot of points for many suite purchases that I only got double points on....

I guess I'm sort of being sarcastic. I don't really believe Royal owes me anything because as far as I know I should only be getting double points on all my suites. Just making sure I'm not missing out here...;)

Am I missing something that you're one person staying in a Junior suite and earning 3x points? And you're getting double points on a solo inside?

So say myself, my husband and our daughter are on a 9 day in a junior suite. When I leave the ship they credit my account for 18 points. 9x2=18 Where does the 3x come in? Because if that's the case, RC owes me a lot of points for many suite purchases that I only got double points on....

I guess I'm sort of being sarcastic. I don't really believe Royal owes me anything because as far as I know I should only be getting double points on all my suites. Just making sure I'm not missing out here...;)

You have to be solo in a suite to get 3 points per night.

I think if you've got money to throw at this, you're totally going about it the wrong way! Reaching a new loyalty tier is more a bragging rights thing than anything. The real perks are what...access to another bar and priority wait listing and seating? Those things are cool, but are they worth thousands of dollars? I'd so much rather take that same money and book a suite, which gets you plenty of benefits as well, plus double cruise points, plus you're actually ON the cruise ;)

You could say the same thing about suites too. I can book a regular balcony, save thousands, and use that money to cruise more often. Suite benefits don't mean much to me. They are cool but are they worth thousands? Of course, the answer is yes.... for some people. I guess some people also answer yes to the question for becoming diamond.

Interesting... we have been booking JS to double up on points and not spend too much more than the cost of a balcony... we like to have some space... but, that raises a super interesting idea to me. Book two singles interior. We would really only use one room basically, but I could have my own bathroom and space to get ready for dinner... it’s laughable, but maybe a good idea?

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Well, I guess dirt cheap really is a relative term...

We have been cruising in Junior suites to double up on the points, so the interior rooms are far cheaper by comparison.

If the GB means you are UK based then as you may know 'dirt cheap" is thin on the ground over here.

We met a retired chap on Oasis a couple of years ago who was Florida based and he always kept an eye out for last minute Junior Suites and sailed them B2B solo at sometimes unbelievable prices. At 40 odd points for the two weeks he was well on his way to Pinnacle but he just enjoyed it and could travel whenever he wanted at a moments notice as he was retired.

Living the dream!

Not sure what the GB means?

I’m new to Cruise Critic, and with 8 cruises under my belt (6 with royal) I’m still relatively new I guess to the jargon anyway.

I am located in Arkansas so the cruise itself is relatively inexpensive in relation to the travel expenses to get to a port. (Pretty much right in the middle of the US). My wife and I are in our 30s and are self-employed so we have the benefit of having some flexibility, but offset with our responsibilities too. So, sometimes we can take advantage of those short notice cruise deals, but, flight timing then can be the issue.

NO. And no cheap cruise could be cheap enough to get you the additional perk value for turning diamond anyway

You could say the same thing about suites too. I can book a regular balcony, save thousands, and use that money to cruise more often. Suite benefits don't mean much to me. They are cool but are they worth thousands? Of course, the answer is yes.... for some people. I guess some people also answer yes to the question for becoming diamond.

Exactly!

We actually love the extra space of the suite and yes the perks are nice too. My wife and I are pretty social, so we end up inviting new friends to play cards and order room service etc to share the experience.

We have been trying to level up recently because we do like the priority boarding and little perks, sure, but also so that we can retain at least a little bit of that status if we do decide to do a quick trip to coco cay and Nassau where the balcony might not be used much and we are just looking to get away for a bit on the relatively cheap. Those shorter itineraries tend to be on smaller ships which have far fewer suites that fill up... so sometimes an outside room will do in a pinch.

Interesting... we have been booking JS to double up on points and not spend too much more than the cost of a balcony... we like to have some space... but, that raises a super interesting idea to me. Book two singles interior. We would really only use one room basically, but I could have my own bathroom and space to get ready for dinner... it’s laughable, but maybe a good idea?
It's being done already

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not sure what the GB means?

I’m new to Cruise Critic, and with 8 cruises under my belt (6 with royal) I’m still relatively new I guess to the jargon anyway.

I am located in Arkansas so the cruise itself is relatively inexpensive in relation to the travel expenses to get to a port. (Pretty much right in the middle of the US). My wife and I are in our 30s and are self-employed so we have the benefit of having some flexibility, but offset with our responsibilities too. So, sometimes we can take advantage of those short notice cruise deals, but, flight timing then can be the issue.

Just realized my mistake... I am new to this format... thought that reply was directed at me so was confused by the GB... now I get why you mentioned the UK... Oops.

They are very strict about not only going on the cruise but FINISHING it. We had a family emergency while on Ovation last year and were contemplating departing at a port mid-way through the cruise to fly home. They told us in no uncertain terms that there would be no refund of the unused cruise portion (of course we didn’t expect any refund) and also that we would not get any C&A points either.

As it happened we didn’t end up disembarking early, but it was an interesting situation

Why on earth would you do this??? :confused:

If you want to "accelerate" your points, cruise solo in a junior suite or better and get three points per night.