Swimming in August

Donna_In_India

It's usually too cold for me too. I usually see kids in the pool, if there is anyone in there. We had a trip a couple years ago where it was in the mid-high 70's and there were many folks swimming. I wonder though if they weren't doing it just to say they did. :)

We did late June in 2016 R/T from Seattle. We swam on departure day in Seattle, at sea day two, and again on the last full day before we arrived in Victoria BC.

One word of warning, test the pool if there is no one in it. We were in one pool and DD, then 6yo, said let's go in the other pool that had no one in it so we jumped in. Well they had changed the water in that pool and it had not had time to heat up. It was freezing, we jumped right out and went back to the other one. :)

• 6 months later...

Just left Ruby Princess yesterday. It was definitely swimming weather the last week of July, first week in August. It was in the mid-80's in Juneau and Skagway and in the 70's in Glacier Bay. But it can go from 70's or 80's and a few miles down the fjord be suddenly in the 50's. It's crazy changing weather up there. But there were people swimming everyday last week, it didn't hurt that the pool was about 85 degrees.

i-jL45D99-XL.jpg

lots of people swimming (including us) last week on the Star in both the indoor and outdoor pools. The water was surprisingly warm. If you like to swim, DO IT! People were walking around in robes, it is a bit chilly when you get out, have your towel handy!

Is it too cold to swim in the outdoor pool in August? How cold is it?

We are going to be on the Carnival Legend august 21st. They have a roof over the pool area from what I read, so I would say that should be fine.

Not sure what other ships have the roof or which ship you are going on.

We are going to be on the Carnival Legend august 21st. They have a roof over the pool area from what I read, so I would say that should be fine.

Not sure what other ships have the roof or which ship you are going on.

We were on the Legend in July and very few people ever used the pool. It was never warm enough for most, except for maybe a few smaller kids. None of the teens or adults. The roof doesn't necessarily keep it that warm.