Booked 8 months out on LOS - My Family Time Dining already full?

Did some searching on the My Family Time Dining topic already, so apologies if I missed the answer on this. I booked our sailing date for LOS out of Galveston on 1/20/19. We're taking our 3 year old with us, and having only been on Carnival cruises before, the My Family Time Dining is of big appeal to us and drew us into switching over to Royal to give them a shot. When I went through the booking and it came time to choose the dining preference, MFTD was not available to select. It was there, but greyed out, and I selected to put us on the waiting list for it.

I went ahead and finished the booking through and paid the deposit because the prices are really great right now. We can do without this program but I'm hoping this is just something that they organize a bit closer to the sailing date. It seems odd that it would already be booked chock full 8 months prior. Is this common? Is it something where it will likely be available for us to sign up for later on as the sail date gets nearer? Any advice/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

entirely possible. MFTD is early traditional dining. it is usually not that hard to get it switched around once on board if it doesn't happen beforehand by being on the wait list.

even so, you can still take advantage of it even on My Time Dining.. you just have to know when and where the counselors meet the kids ( typically just outside the MDR, you would just need to know which entrance and time) .

My daughter booked Family Time Dining on our cruise on June 2, 2019. We have early traditional dining. They said Family time Dining is when a crew member from the children's programs picks up your child at your table early into dinner. The child is served the main course when adults are still having appetizers or salads. The child is picked up before the adults get the main course.

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking about, but if you are waitlisted, you still might get it.

Did some searching on the My Family Time Dining topic already, so apologies if I missed the answer on this. I booked our sailing date for LOS out of Galveston on 1/20/19. We're taking our 3 year old with us, and having only been on Carnival cruises before, the My Family Time Dining is of big appeal to us and drew us into switching over to Royal to give them a shot. When I went through the booking and it came time to choose the dining preference, MFTD was not available to select. It was there, but greyed out, and I selected to put us on the waiting list for it.

I went ahead and finished the booking through and paid the deposit because the prices are really great right now. We can do without this program but I'm hoping this is just something that they organize a bit closer to the sailing date. It seems odd that it would already be booked chock full 8 months prior. Is this common? Is it something where it will likely be available for us to sign up for later on as the sail date gets nearer? Any advice/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

MFTD requires you are on Early Traditional dining, so make sure you are on that wait list.

My daughter booked Family Time Dining on our cruise on June 2, 2019. We have early traditional dining. They said Family time Dining is when a crew member from the children's programs picks up your child at your table early into dinner. The child is served the main course when adults are still having appetizers or salads. The child is picked up before the adults get the main course.

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking about, but if you are waitlisted, you still might get it.

Yes. Family Time Dining requires early Traditional Early Main Dining time, its at 6pm or 5;30pm depending on ship/sailing.. Kids are Picked up front of Dining room about 45 minutes into meal. Waiter will make sure child has their meal early enough...

It's a good deal. When my kids were younger 15-20 yrs ago they didn't have the Pick Up service. So half way threw my meal I'd have to run 1-2 of my kids up 7-8 decks to the Adventure Ocean then return to finish my meal, this as a Single Parent...

Edited by ONECRUISER

They pick up the children outside the MDR, NOT at your table.

What did Royal say when you called them?

Did the booking online; I avoid talking to service reps on the phone at all costs. ;)

I will probably give them a call at some point (or have my wife do it), just found it odd that they would show the option to sign up for it online but also already be full this far out.

Good to hear that getting signed on for the program while on board likely won't be an issue, though, so thanks for that feedback!

It's not uncommon for early dining to be full this far out. It may be that is what is causing the problem: no room to get you into early dining, so therefore, no way to enroll you in the children's program. Make the dining room your first stop when you board and get in line to make changes--you'll probably not have a problem.