Oasis of the Seas Suites

fonzw0rth

Currently on our last day aboard the Oasis of the Seas. We are in a Loft Suite.

While the room is beautiful I’d have to say after sailing in a comparable suite on Norwegian there is no comparison. Norwegian definitely treats their suite guests like Royalty as opposed to Royal where you’re just a person in a bigger room.

Plus from what I’ve noticed there aren’t many younger people that stay in suites.

I am 34 and my wife is 27 and we were the youngest couple in the suite lounge by at least 30 years. Which led to many looks and comments by some of the older guests. Like somehow we didn’t belong.We’ve been on 4 cruises in less than 3 years and 3 have been on suites.

While I will definitely sail Royal again I will definitely think twice about booking a suite on their ships.

While the room is beautiful I’d have to say after sailing in a comparable suite on Norwegian there is no comparison. Norwegian definitely treats their suite guests like Royalty as opposed to Royal where you’re just a person in a bigger room.

Plus from what I’ve noticed there aren’t many younger people that stay in suites.

I am 34 and my wife is 27 and we were the youngest couple in the suite lounge by at least 30 years. Which led to many looks and comments by some of the older guests. Like somehow we didn’t belong.We’ve been on 4 cruises in less than 3 years and 3 have been on suites.

While I will definitely sail Royal again I will definitely think twice about booking a suite on their ships.

You could have just got some nasty guests on your sailing. We were on Harmony in June and we had plenty of younger groups on with up. You have to remember that school is in session and that cuts down on the amount of the younger crowd can go.

Our staff in CK and the lounge was amazing.

I am sorry your group has not been as fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OMG

Sorry for your cruise experience

We love the loft suites and have sailed in them 5 times and each one was great service even when the new "class" system came to be..

Loved the experience cannot wait till our next cruise on the bigger ships.

Take care

I am sorry that some were rude to you at the Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen on the Oasis. On our past 23 Oasis Class cruises we have sailed 22 times in a Crown Loft and once in an Owners Suite. We have never received less then excellent service throughout the ship.

We are more then twice as old as you and enjoy talking to people of all ages. My wife especially enjoys seeing young families with their young children. Reminds her of our grandchildren when they were at that age.

We are leaving on our favorite ship, the Oasis next Sunday.

We were in a Crown Loft on Oasis in Oct. Our kids and their families were also. We used the Suite Lounge frequently. We even allowed our oldest grandson and granddaughter to join us occasionally. I am one who dislikes poorly behaved kids in any lounge at Happy Hour, so we were very aware and careful if they came in for a few minutes for an appetizer.

Anyway, my kids are in their late 30's. They never received any looks, neither did the grandkids. So don't take it personally or as an example of what is "normal." Most of us just enjoy the lounge and expect others to also. Age is irrelevant. Don't let it affect your cabin choices. I will say that most younger people simply can't afford the high price of suites. That may explain them not being on Deck 17. But "affordability" is no one's business. Enjoy the cruises you take in any cabin you wish, and ignore anyone who seems to give you dirty looks.

Have sailed in suites (and in "regular" staterooms) on both lines and we are young (39 and the Mrs is 29). We started cruising a few years ago and have averaged 4 sailings a year. Most people sailing in suites on any cruise line are older as they have more disposable income/wealth, so we're some of the rare, lucky, "young" ones :-) I think the bidding process on NCL allows a bit of a younger crowd to enjoy the Suite Life. Some comparisons I'll make:

1 - All Suites on NCL have butlers vs only Star class on Royal. I think the guest to butler (or Genie) ratio is much better on Royal, though. Our butlers on NCL have usually had 8-10 staterooms to manage while the Genies only have 2-3.

2 - The Haven definitely has an "exclusive" feel, but on the older ships like the Gem there are both Haven and non-Haven suites. The only difference is access to the Haven pool/sundeck (there is no Haven restaurant) at quite a price difference. Non-Haven suites still have butlers, breakfast at a specialty restaurant, etc. Non-Haven suite experience will be more similar to Royal Caribbean's suite experience.

3 - Royal Caribbean's Suite Lounge, IMO, is better and more used than The Haven Lounge. Just seems to be a livelier place. Also on Oasis & Quantum class, there is free beer & wine from 11A-11P and free cocktails from 5:30-8 or so, which is a great value if you don't have a drink package. Not everyone sailing in suites on NCL has a drink package (thanks to the upgrade bidding process).

4 - NCL's Haven Restaurant is miles better than Coastal Kitchen. However Coastal Kitchen does rotate menus where The Haven is a set menu.

5 - Royal Caribbean's suite staterooms, IMO, are generally better than NCLs. Balconies (except for maybe Aft suites) are larger, staterooms generally larger, and more grand (Crown Lofts, for example, are just cool as hell).

6 - NCL in general tends to skew slightly younger than Royal - the average age on NCL is around 45, Royal around 50. Suite guests will skew older than average on all cruise lines. We are usually the youngest in suites as well (that goes for both lines) - its never bothered us.

7 - I've never had anyone be rude on either line, so sorry you had that experience. Generally if you're in the Suite Lounge they don't question you. I've seen some folks sneak in (or brought in by Suite guests) and the staff didn't ask them for key cards to prove they were in suites. Was in a Junior Suite last year on Oasis and when we dined in Coastal Kitchen they poured wine with no charge just as if we were full suite guests.

Have sailed in suites

Thanks for the comparison. We need to change it up a little so we'd like try the Haven. We've sailed all suites on Royal the past few years and I never understood the 'it's just a bigger room' mentality nor have I ever seen any scowlers in the suite lounge. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Sorry you had such a negative experience. Our times in sl on oasis and allure have been wonderful. My wife and i are a little older than you but we go in with our 11 year old son (he knows how to behave) all cruise long. People are people and some just give everyone the looks, do not let them bother you. Surprised that you were the only ones so young as we were just on and met many wonderful cruiser that were 30 to 90 years old. Actually got to meet stanmelb and his wonderful wife.

Stanmelb met your travel agent and his wife the next week eating breakfast in ck. They sat next to us and asked if we were from hawaii. We got talking and told us they used to live in hawaii and moved to melbourne. Naturally i mentioned i met a couple from last week that lived in melbourne and we connected the dots. Had a great time swapping stories. Will hopefully get to cruise together again. We will be going out of serenade and freedom in February so am planning on oct 2018 again. Have a great cruise on oasis next week. Have you changed the suite for your wife's birthday to the room she loves yet? :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Sorry you had such a negative experience. Our times in sl on oasis and allure have been wonderful. My wife and i are a little older than you but we go in with our 11 year old son (he knows how to behave) all cruise long. People are people and some just give everyone the looks, do not let them bother you. Surprised that you were the only ones so young as we were just on and met many wonderful cruiser that were 30 to 90 years old. Actually got to meet stanmelb and his wonderful wife.

Stanmelb met your travel agent and his wife the next week eating breakfast in ck. They sat next to us and asked if we were from hawaii. We got talking and told us they used to live in hawaii and moved to melbourne. Naturally i mentioned i met a couple from last week that lived in melbourne and we connected the dots. Had a great time swapping stories. Will hopefully get to cruise together again. We will be going out of serenade and freedom in February so am planning on oct 2018 again. Have a great cruise on oasis next week. Have you changed the suite for your wife's birthday to the room she loves yet? :)

Hi Frank,

We only have 4 more of her favorite rooms booked. November 26, 01-21-2018, 03-04-2018 and 4-15-2018.

Will probably upgrade her birthday cruise. We are also booked on the Oasis 09-09-2018, 12-09-2018 and 01-20-2019. For October 2018 we are sailing on the Oasis starting October 21st. Hope to see you in October. Your son Hunter, was one of the most polite young man we have ever met anywhere.

Thanks again for the candy and beads.

Hi Frank,

We only have 4 more of her favorite rooms booked. November 26, 01-21-2018, 03-04-2018 and 4-15-2018.

Will probably upgrade her birthday cruise. We are also booked on the Oasis 09-09-2018, 12-09-2018 and 01-20-2019. For October 2018 we are sailing on the Oasis starting October 21st. Hope to see you in October. Your son Hunter, was one of the most polite young man we have ever met anywhere.

Glad you enjoyed the chocolates. Thanks for the compliment on Hunter. We try to teach him to be respectable and responsible young man.

Hope to see you two on oasis in Oct 2018.

Can you send me an email at kwokfrank at Yahoo dot com? I did not get your email address.

Have a great time next week on oasis and have a happy thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Glad you enjoyed the chocolates. Thanks for the compliment on Hunter. We try to teach him to be respectable and responsible young man.

Can you send me an email at kwokfrank at Yahoo dot com? I did not get your email address.

Hi Frank,

Just sent to you e-mail,

John

Frank,

Yes, Hunter was incredibly well behaved when we met your family a few weeks ago. We look forward to sailing with you next Oct. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving.

Meeting your family was one of our highlights of the week. We enjoyed your company.

:D

Hi Frank,

The dark chocolate macadamia nuts? So good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Frank,

Yes, Hunter was incredibly well behaved when we met your family a few weeks ago. We look forward to sailing with you next Oct. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving.

Meeting your family was one of our highlights of the week. We enjoyed your company.

:D

Thanks and it was great meeting you and your husband also. It was fun meeting so many people.

To the op, It just depends on the cruise on who you meet. Those two weeks on oasis were awesome. We met the most friendly and interesting cruisers ever in our 3 years of cruising.

Hope to see foodluvr, stanmelb and everyone else on the oasis Oct 21 2018 cruise.

Hi Frank!! It was really nice meeting you, your wife and Hunter. Mom so enjoyed giving Hunter candy each night and we both enjoyed the chocolate from Hawaii. Hope we meet up someday on another cruise.

Sue (and Helen)