Never again Aqua!

bonniegibson

Infinity has taken the worst balcony cabins and added two perks and charge more.

Our cabin on deck 9 was terrible.Constant noise day and night above us.It sounded like a herd of cattle at times and scraping chairs other times.

The two perks were the Persian Gardens which was always packed and Blu which was a very squished tiny restaurant.No private area.Your table is 12 inches from another table.The food presentation was nice but was not worth the inconvenience of never knowing who was going to be sitting so very close.Usually very nice cruisers but sometimes not so nice cruisers.Too chancy for me.Prefer more space for an enjoyable dinning experience.

I would not choose Aqua even if it was cheaper than a regular balcony.

The movie theatre has also been changed into more cabins.Crowded ship now.

This is only my perspective.

Will have to choose our next cruise carefully.Not the Infinity.

Don't dismiss aqua for ever. It is very ship dependent. I agree that on the Millenium class ships they have squeezed in extra cabins which are not in the best locations. However, if you try one of the solstice class ships you would have a very different experience. The cabins are in better locations, the Persian Garden is completely different with wonderful ocean views and I believe (though I'm not certain) that Blu is larger.

I was on the Infinity in January , post refurb. I was in AQ on the 11 th floor though. All of the upper floor cabins are location dependent. My Infinity cabin was fine, but not my recent 10 th floor Equinox AQ room. It was below a bar area.

All the Blu tables, whether its on a Millininium class ship or a Solstice class are squished together. I was a single on my last cruise, and I refused to eat in Blu if I wasn't eating with others I knew. It would have been uncomfortable to sit so close to another couple. Your best option is a window table, at least you can stare at the sea!

After some thought I agree with your observations, I would definately be fine with a veranda next cruise, especially if it was cheaper!

The cabins on 9 on the M-class ships have been problematic from the very beginning. As 1A's on an upper deck they were supposed to generate more demand and thus more money. But the overhang came into play and demand, while good, was not great. They then were changed to CC with some added perks with the hope that demand would rise. And it did, but not so much for the deck 9 CC cabins. Now we see them as Aqua class cabins with a few additional perks beyond CC and their own "specialty" type dining area. Time will tell just how good this move plays out.

It is a great pity that so many of the Aqua cabins are in noisy locations. I had a cabin under the pool. It was so noisy that once was enough.

Celebrity has added many more tables for two with Select and Blu than they had on their ships prior to S class and select dining. Unfortunately these tables seem to be what I'd call delicatessen style: a narrow table with the two sitting on opposite ends and placed in a row of such tables with each table not much more than a foot or so from the next. This set up allows for many more tables for two than other arraignments and it also allows the tables to be easily moved together to make up larger tables if needed. Unfortunately, while this offers a lot more tables for two than in the past it reduces the quiet and intimacy related to a table for 2. Personally I don't like this style of seating.

With that said, we love AQ and Blu. While we haven't tried this on an M class ship yet we wouldn't hesitate to do so.

As passengers who previously loved the M-class ships, we have not been on them post solsticization. Now we are almost afraid to try, wondering how the addition of all those new cabins has impacted the space/passenger ratio, such as the crowding in the buffet areas and seat availability in the theater.

We already heard that they partially ruined the wonderful panoramic views from the sky lounge at the front of deck 11 by blocking off one side.

I shudder at the thought of even more people now packed together jostling for space at the railings on the public decks and helipad for scenic viewing at special attractions.

Guess that provides one more reason to have a private balcony.

We were in AQ on the Summit under the pool deck. There were times when there would be some noise from the upper deck but it wasn't anything that was loud enough to keep us awake.

The theaters and public spaces didn't seem to be over crowded and we never had a problem getting a seat in the buffet or Aqua Spa area.

We liked Blu but for us the rest of AQ benefits on the Summit wasn't worth the price differential. We are looking at another Bermuda cruise and for a savings of $500 we will book a regular balcony and use the money for other things including specialty restuarants. If I needed the extra cruise credit I would think different but that is not the case.

Don't worry about it being over crowded.

choose your cabin carefully. We research our cabins to make sure there are no problems later on. These boards are the perfect venue to help you choose the right cabin.

Next time.

Happy Sailing All

As passengers who previously loved the M-class ships, we have not been on them post solsticization. Now we are almost afraid to try, wondering how the addition of all those new cabins has impacted the space/passenger ratio, such as the crowding in the buffet areas and seat availability in the theater.

We already heard that they partially ruined the wonderful panoramic views from the sky lounge at the front of deck 11 by blocking off one side.

What is this about blocking off one side of the Sky Lounge? For what?

We just got back from the Infinity from Alaska and I do not think that the Aqua Class cabins are not worth the extra money. I assume you have your own butler but I also have 24 hr room service. if I need something from my room steward I could always call him even though I would not bother him unless it was an emergency. The extra flowers and fruit and snacks is not worth the extra money. We walked into the Blue restaurant by accident and it was cute with the blue candles and all but not worth the extra money. I feel like I am being pampered in my regular balcony cabin. I would rather spend the extra money on excursions or tips or something like that. To each their own.

Happy sailing. :rolleyes:

We just got back from the Infinity from Alaska and I do not think that the Aqua Class cabins are not worth the extra money. I assume you have your own butler but I also have 24 hr room service. if I need something from my room steward I could always call him even though I would not bother him unless it was an emergency. The extra flowers and fruit and snacks is not worth the extra money. We walked into the Blue restaurant by accident and it was cute with the blue candles and all but not worth the extra money. I feel like I am being pampered in my regular balcony cabin. I would rather spend the extra money on excursions or tips or something like that. To each their own.

Happy sailing. :rolleyes:

Most sail Aqua to be able to eat in Blu....the food is better seasoned, better quality and perhaps a bit more healthy than the MDR....and Blu is a much quieter venue for dining where you can actually talk to your table mate or the folks next to you if you want. The other perks of Aqua are meaningful to some....there is no butler, it's effectively a concierge cabin with special dining.

Finally, Aqua is at times cheaper or equal in price to concierge cabins....it happens.

What is this about blocking off one side of the Sky Lounge? For what?

That's where they put the Fun Factory which was back aft.

The first illustration is what they have done to all M-class ships.

They have also done something similar on the new S-Class Reflection going into service in October, but instead of the Fun Factory as on the M-class ships, they are adding very high priced suites to the left side of the lounge area. I would bet a dinner in any specialty restaurant that these new suites will be added to all S-class ships when they get their first major drydocking.

M-CLASS FUN FACTORY TO LEFT OF LOUNGE.......................S-CLASS REFLECTION SUITES TO LEFT OF LOUNGE

fun%20factory%20summit.jpgSky%20Lounge%20Comparison.jpg

OP, it would be helpful to know what particular Deck 9 AQ cabin you had.

I have had less than perfect AQ cabins on S ships too but still like AQ for Blu primarily. Will be looking forward to the AQ experience on Summit in 3 months.

It didn't impact the lounge as much as I feared it would.

I does ruin the panoramic views that used to be available in the past. When we entered the Panama Canal, we were able to have a 270 degree view from these windows. And again when we entered the Stockholm Archipelago, we could see on both sides of the ship as it passed through narrow channels during the approach early on a cold and drizzly morning. Can't do that any more from there. :(

The first illustration is what they have done to all M-class ships.

They have also done something similar on the new S-Class Reflection going into service in October, but instead of the Fun Factory as on the M-class ships, they are adding very high priced suites to the left side of the lounge area. I would bet a dinner in any specialty restaurant that these new suites will be added to all S-class ships when they get their first major drydocking.

M-CLASS FUN FACTORY TO LEFT OF LOUNGE.......................S-CLASS REFLECTION SUITES TO LEFT OF LOUNGE

fun%20factory%20summit.jpgSky%20Lounge%20Comparison.jpg

Thanks! I don't know where I have been....I didn't know this was coming! I guess I don't think about the Fun Factory much or its location! I am shocked! :eek: Wonder how packed this lounge will get at big events like Captain's Club party and Happy Hours when lots of Elites are onboard?

I does ruin the panoramic views that used to be available in the past. When we entered the Panama Canal, we were able to have a 270 degree view from these windows. And again when we entered the Stockholm Archipelago, we could see on both sides of the ship as it passed through narrow channels during the approach early on a cold and drizzly morning. Can't do that any more from there. :(

We just did SA and Panama and I guess because we always sat at the front we didn't notice it. Fantastic views still of the Chilean Fjords, the Horn and and Canal. I guess I just didn't think to try and look out the sides when we were seated so forward. It was different but just didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I guess we really lucked out. We are in the Deck 11 Aqua Class on an Alaskan sailing. We picked it for the port side of the ship. At the time it was much cheaper than a concierge and only $50 more per WEEK per person for the Aqua Class. The water alone is worth that. Deck 11 cabins are pretty open from the pictures so I am looking forward to great views. I like to eat healthier and since the two couples want to dine together without others Blu will be perfect!

Most sail Aqua to be able to eat in Blu....the food is better seasoned, better quality and perhaps a bit more healthy than the MDR....and Blu is a much quieter venue for dining where you can actually talk to your table mate or the folks next to you if you want. The other perks of Aqua are meaningful to some....there is no butler, it's effectively a concierge cabin with special dining.

Finally, Aqua is at times cheaper or equal in price to concierge cabins....it happens.

I just upgraded from Concierge Class to Aquaclass for Infinity June 22 sailing. Is this indeed an upgrade? It was unclear whether I still get the perks of Concierge but with a few added Aquaclass perks and Blu restaurant. I am in 1123 - hopefully away from noise. Anyone have any comments on any of the above?? Thanks!!

I just upgraded from Concierge Class to Aquaclass for Infinity June 22 sailing. Is this indeed an upgrade? It was unclear whether I still get the perks of Concierge but with a few added Aquaclass perks and Blu restaurant. I am in 1123 - hopefully away from noise. Anyone have any comments on any of the above?? Thanks!!

Yes, you get all the concierge perks plus a few...and your dining room is assigned to Blu which is, for us, the most important reason to book Aqua.

We have been in cabins that should have been quiet and had neighbors who yelled, played the TV full volume at 6am and sat on their balcony talking the entire cruise. On the other hand, we have had cabins that should have been noisy that were so quiet I could hear my watch ticking. It's luck of the draw because your happiness may be dependent on your neighbors (not unique to aqua class).

You'll love Blu...the disadvantage is after you sail aqua once, you probably won't be happy with the MDR on future cruises.

You'll love Blu...the disadvantage is after you sail aqua once, you probably won't be happy with the MDR on future cruises.

Perhaps (and we have been in AQ on the Silhouette)! But on the other hand we have looked at cruises where the savings (over AQ) by simply booking a normal balcony cabin was sufficient to pay for alternative restaurants on every night.

Hank

Archived