On Board the Constellation

iv18-Diane

So far I am enjoying my experience. I have a Conciege cabin on Deck 9, and I enjoy the balcony with the overhang. The cabin has lots of storage unlike my cabin last year on the allure where I had to use my suitcase. The food has been excellent, but no escargot as they said there is a problem with the supplier. My waitors and cabin steward are excellent, and the cabin was spotless other than another report that was posted here.

The captains club party was this afternoon and the food served was plentiful. Tonight is Formal niight so more tomorrow.

Diane in Music City

Hi Diane!

Keep us posted, we are planning on staying on that deck for a Feb 2014 cruise. Would you mind sharing your room number? We are looking at 9125 9127 9129 and 9131.

Also, when you get the chance, was wondering what the orientation of your room was with respect to where the bed is (closer to bath or veranda) and is the head orientated fore or aft?

Thanks a ton!

Have a great trip!!

Can you tell me who the Captain and other senior officers are? Thanks.

Hi Signman,

From Jan 26 Constellation :

Master : Nikolaos Frantzis

Staff Captain : Dimitris Petras

Chief Engineer : Emmanuel Archontakis

Hotel Director : Christophe Belaubre

Cruise Director : Esperanza Gambrodues

Guest Relations Manager : Bosco Pines

Executive Chef : Jason Banyon

Food & Beverage Manager : Karl Hallberg

Hi Diane!

Also, when you get the chance, was wondering what the orientation of your room was with respect to where the bed is (closer to bath or veranda) and is the head orientated fore or aft?

The starboard and port side balcony stateroom beds on the older Celebrity ships all have beds near the bathroom. These staterooms are also smaller than on the newer ships. The headboard orientation varies with each stateroom. If one is facing forward, the next will face aft, and so on. The very aft staterooms will have beds that run from starboard to port. In my experience with a very forward stateroom, the bed faced forward. Hope this helped!;)

The starboard and port side balcony stateroom beds on the older Celebrity ships all have beds near the bathroom. These staterooms are also smaller than on the newer ships. The headboard orientation varies with each stateroom. If one is facing forward, the next will face aft, and so on. The very aft staterooms will have beds that run from starboard to port. In my experience with a very forward stateroom, the bed faced forward. Hope this helped!;)

Thank you for that helpful information! We are in the process of planning a cruise on the Connie in February 2014, we are looking at being in what will be the new aqua class on the sky deck cabins 9125 9127 or 9131. I'm hoping that the bad faces aft. I know it sounds silly but it just feels more natural to me when I'm sleeping in bed. Lol.

Hi Diane!

Keep us posted, we are planning on staying on that deck for a Feb 2014 cruise. Would you mind sharing your room number? We are looking at 9125 9127 9129 and 9131.

Thanks a ton!

Have a great trip!!

I'm in Cabin 9040. Shows are wonderful. I saw both nights. My bed is nearer to the door. My couch is by the balcony door.. I am near the Foward Elevators.

I am finding everything on the ship to perfection. There are no complaints from me at all so far. I returned late from a shore excursion so decided to eat at Bistro on 5 , and it was well worth the $5 fee. This is my first Solo cruise, and I'm really enjoying it.

Diane in Music City

We were on Connie last March 10-24. No escargot then, either, but they substituted crab stuffed mushrooms. A------MAZING!!!!!! We were part of a group of 9. From the east coast of US. Some of us actually had an order as an app and an order as the entree on more than one occasion. That good. I love escargot, but I was sort of intrigued by your post, since we're on Eclipse, same itinerary as Connie last year, and I'm wondering if we'll get them again???

We were on Connie last March 10-24. No escargot then, either, but they substituted crab stuffed mushrooms. A------MAZING!!!!!! We were part of a group of 9. From the east coast of US. Some of us actually had an order as an app and an order as the entree on more than one occasion. That good. I love escargot, but I was sort of intrigued by your post, since we're on Eclipse, same itinerary as Connie last year, and I'm wondering if we'll get them again???

Hi Ibx,

I was on Connie last week. Escargot is back, and was excellent. Have not seen the crab stuffed mushrooms on my last 2 Celebrity sailings, though I enjoyed them as well.

I am finding everything on the ship to perfection. There are no complaints from me at all so far. I returned late from a shore excursion so decided to eat at Bistro on 5 , and it was well worth the $5 fee. This is my first Solo cruise, and I'm really enjoying it.

Diane in Music City

Hi Diane:) glad you are enjoying yourself. I go solo everytime:D

and I would be hardpressed to ever share a cabin again;)

Hi Diane:) glad you are enjoying yourself. I go solo everytime:D

and I would be hardpressed to ever share a cabin again;)

Thanks Lois, a few ladies i met are sailing solo .

Diane

Today we were in Cozumel, and I took a ship excursion. Dinner tonight was excellent. Last night we had a medical emergency in the Theater. The comedian found a young man passed out in the audience. I heard he had a little to uch to drink! Maybe they need to rethink those unlimited packages!

they are serving the crabmeat stuffed mushrooms this week and they are very good, but I miss my escargot. Tomorrow they are having a buffet brunch in the main dining room, 10-1

Diane in Music City

Diane

Today we were in Cozumel, and I took a ship excursion. Dinner tonight was excellent. Last night we had a medical emergency in the Theater. The comedian found a young man passed out in the audience. I heard he had a little to uch to drink! Maybe they need to rethink those unlimited packages!

they are serving the crabmeat stuffed mushrooms this week and they are very good, but I miss my escargot. Tomorrow they are having a buffet brunch in the main dining room, 10-1

Diane in Music City

Thanks for sharing; keep us updated. I would not mind the switch out for the mushrooms!!!!

Diane

Diane in Music City

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your updates, and your wishes about Dad. Of course, it's been a very tough time for us. Odd about the Escargot, as Connie had them onboard last week. We liked the crab stuffed mushrooms last time we had them, so either would have been fine for us.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the updates. We are two Aussies who will be cruising on Connie in February 2014, then dashing across to Reflection for a weeks cruise. We can't wait! We have previously only cruised on Millie, so, after a long flight, are really looking forward to these cruises.

Am loving what I am reading!!

Keep well and safe!

Nicki

I got off the ship today. I'm staying overnight in Ft Lauderdale so I can take an early flight tomorrow. Getting off the ship was so easy and I saw my luggage right away. I really enjoyed the cruise including my table mates. My cabin steward was excellent. I loved the little gifts Celebrity brought in Conciege class. There is not a single thing I could complain about. I will be cruising on Celebrity again, and its now my favorite cruise line.

Diane in Music City

Archived