Need help from past Regal Princess Baltic Cruise CPH Roundtrip passengers Please!

Teddy560

Hello fellow cruisers , I called my agent and Princess few times and everyone have their own opinion, so please I need some advice from people who have actually gone on this cruise, thank you.

My EZ air leaves Copenhagen at 930am. The ship arrives 5am. I’m going to save you the “he said she said”. I just want to know if I should use the Princess transfer or walk off the ship and hail a taxi to make it in time for my flight.

Thank you so much in advance!

your roughly 30 minutes from the airport. I would do a walk off and grab a cab. providing you are cleared to leave the ship in time. If the ship is cleared, walk offs will probably begin to exit around 6:30 or so if you plan to walk off be at your station by 5 to 5:30 to be near the front. Taxi will run you approximately $60 US, We took a Taxi Van from the airport to our hotel and it was roughly 25 minutes. The cruise terminal would have been another 7 minutes but we were on the Serenade of the Seas so not sure if Princess uses the same one. Let me add, transfers by the cruise line are not the best as they need to wait on all passengers before leaving

your roughly 30 minutes from the airport. I would do a walk off and grab a cab. providing you are cleared to leave the ship in time. If the ship is cleared, walk offs will probably begin to exit around 6:30 or so if you plan to walk off be at your station by 5 to 5:30 to be near the front. Taxi will run you approximately $60 US, We took a Taxi Van from the airport to our hotel and it was roughly 25 minutes. The cruise terminal would have been another 7 minutes but we were on the Serenade of the Seas so not sure if Princess uses the same one. Let me add, transfers by the cruise line are not the best as they need to wait on all passengers before leaving

Thank you for your advice Desert Cruizers. We are a group of four adults with four 22 inch luggages. I assume we will need two cabs?

Your welcome. We were two adult couples and got in the Van alright with luggage Of course we were coming from the airport to the Hotel, just let them know how many in your group. We stayed at the Bethel overlooking the Canal last August. We split the $60, I put on my CC and the other couple gave me around $28. My husband & I each had 22" & a 20" and they had two 25" I think it was with carry on each.

Your welcome. We were two adult couples and got in the Van alright with luggage Of course we were coming from the airport to the Hotel, just let them know how many in your group. We stayed at the Bethel overlooking the Canal last August. We split the $60, I put on my CC and the other couple gave me around $28. My husband & I each had 22" & a 20" and they had two 25" I think it was with carry on each.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply in such details. :)

We did this cruise in August 2017. The cruise terminal is a fair distance from CPH city and no taxis were seen at the rank. We took the last minute offer to accept the Princess transfer to get back to the city centre and then to our own hotel. I wouldn't leave it to chance, take the Princess transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another option might be to get a pre arranged transfer. I have a cruise out of Southhampton England and pre arranged a pick up at the port. That way you don't need to worry if there is no taxis available or if the wait for the taxi would be a long one. We just did a Google search and checked reviews on trip advisor.

My family and I disembarked in Copenhagen last summer and the ship (NCL) docked at 5am but didn't actually start unloading passengers until around 7am. There were huge lines forming by the gangway by 6am so just get there early and walk off as soon as you can. There was a taxi line and they had a separate line for taxi vans (groups of 4 or more). We waited about a half hour. As mentioned above, CPH airport is about 25 minutes away, depending on traffic (and how many other ships are disembarking).

It worked out for us when one of our members arranged transportation from the Hotel to the cruise port, but since your going back to the airport, I feel you will find it easier to grab a Taxi Van for the 4 of you. We were on the Serenade TA back to Boston last August, which sadly didn't end well for my husband but he enjoyed the trip very much and was happy he was able to go. We enjoyed Copenhagen .

We did a Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen two years ago. 9:55 flight and were in the second Princess transfers disembarkation group. No problem at all - we were at the airport, checked-in, and through security by 8:00. As you’re arriving Copenhagen from another Schengen port, there is no Immigration and Customs to deal with at the port - just walk off and on to the bus (bags that were left outside your cabin the night before are waiting for you at the airport).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dear sknight, Micah’s Grandad, Lawjarra, sandyoftheseas, rocklinmom, san diego sue, Istone19, caribill: Thank you all for your input and sharing your experience, I appreciate your time. It seems like you all made your flight regardless which option was chosen :) I need to make a decision soon!

Desert Cruizers: sorry about the mishap, glad you had a good time regardless.