Hotel in Barcelona near Las Ramblas

wendyatpml

We stayed at Hotel 1898 for two nights pre-cruise and found the hotel and location on Las Ramblas to be excellent. I am sure there was a TV, but don't recall watching it much, or remember what kind of english programing was available.

Last time in Barcelona we stayed at the Continental Palacete hotel. And it does look something like a tiny palace.

The biggest draw for us was the location near Las Ramblas (right down the street from a sort of fast food Tapas place that we loved), and they had an all day/night buffet. It included a hot buffet breakfast, snacks in the afternoon with wine and beer in the evening included. Sodas, water, coffee tea available all day.

It's kind of a quirky place with mostly rooms decorated in pink.

We had an interior room which was small but quaint.

I'm pretty sure the wifi was free.

The staff were wonderful. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Take a look:

https://www.hotelcontinental.com/hotelcontinentalpalacete/index.php

We stayed at Hotel 1898 for two nights pre-cruise and found the hotel and location on Las Ramblas to be excellent. I am sure there was a TV, but don't recall watching it much, or remember what kind of english programing was available.

We also stated at Hotel 1898, the staff was wonderfully easy to deal with, had some great recommendations for meals, room was ready early - at arrival. Our room was typical of European Hotels - postage stamp size - but nicely appointed. There was a TV, BUT...most of the channels were in Spanish and we were not in the room enough to really bother.

LOVED, loved, loved the location - close to everything. We had a courtyard room so found no issues with any noise on Las Ramblas.

Wish we were going back. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat! Have fun!

Another vote for Hotel 1898. It's on Las Ramblas and the rooftop pool and bar are beautiful. The room was on the small side but was lovely and had a lovely juliette balcony and a fabulous bathroom.

Hotel Jazz here! Loved it and it was very reasonably priced. They upgraded us on check-in too which I heard before booking is a fairly common occurrence. Just a block or so off Las Ramblas .. would stay there in a heartbeat again - lovely modern hotel

Last time in Barcelona we stayed at the Continental Palacete hotel. And it does look something like a tiny palace.

The biggest draw for us was the location near Las Ramblas (right down the street from a sort of fast food Tapas place that we loved), and they had an all day/night buffet. It included a hot buffet breakfast, snacks in the afternoon with wine and beer in the evening included. Sodas, water, coffee tea available all day.

It's kind of a quirky place with mostly rooms decorated in pink.

We had an interior room which was small but quaint.

I'm pretty sure the wifi was free.

The staff were wonderful. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Take a look:

https://www.hotelcontinental.com/hotelcontinentalpalacete/index.php

Have been in this hotel and it is very nice!

And would stay there!

A another hotel is the sister owners of this one

on Las Ramblas

Hotel Continental

A little less expensive and very reasonable pricing

Same all inclusive features-

........Beer, Wine, Deli food, Ice Cream, Coffees 24/7

Lots of cruisers stay there!

Nice back patio

We have stayed at this hotel twice

and just cancelled our 3rd reservation

after deciding to do back to back

Rome to Barcelona (repositioning) and then Barcelona to Galveston(TA)

https://www.hotelcontinental.com

http://www.hotelbarcelonauniversal.com/default-en.html

we stayed here this summer before our serenade of the seas extravaganza

the reviews on trip advisor were good

i reserved online through CAA (AAA)

the hotel is a short walk to las rambles

and a very short ride to the dock

it is right at a subway stop

we had a corner room with lots-o-space, a tv and A/C

let me know if you need want any barcelona restaurant tips or anything for that matter

happy to help

Rich

We stayed at the Hotel Monte Carlo right on Las Ramblas. Great location, great staff, great breakfast (included in our rate). Loved that place and hope to get back there again. While in Barcelona, don't miss Park Guell. Everything Gaudi is amazing!

I second Hotel Monte Carlo. We stayed there for two nights in June prior to our Mediterranean cruise and have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. They litterally run to open doors for you, they provided us with great restaurant recommendations and were just terrific. The location was absolutely perfect, right in the middle of La Rambla. Rooms were also nice and clean, with TV (Plenty of channels) and Free Wifi!

We stayed at the Hotel Atlantis which is right at the top of Las Ramblas but not right on Las Ramblas. There wasn't any noise at all. It was about 90 Euros at night and it included breakfast, internet and we also had a nice little balcony. The staff was wonderful and there was a great little cafe to eat next store called Viena.

Can anyone recommend a hotel. We are staying two nights before the cruise. We need a hotel that is air conditioned and has TV.

It's another vote for Hotel 1898. It is the best and a great location. We have stayed a few different places but love this one the most.

Crusin Nut

Have been in this hotel and it is very nice!

And would stay there!

A another hotel is the sister owners of this one

on Las Ramblas

Hotel Continental

A little less expensive and very reasonable pricing

Same all inclusive features-

........Beer, Wine, Deli food, Ice Cream, Coffees 24/7

Lots of cruisers stay there!

Nice back patio

We have stayed at this hotel twice

and just cancelled our 3rd reservation

after deciding to do back to back

Rome to Barcelona (repositioning) and then Barcelona to Galveston(TA)

https://www.hotelcontinental.com

Forgot to inform that hotel is 1/2 block from

hub of HOHO buses for all routes.

Hotel is on Las Ramblas

Has air conditioning

Has a elevator

Security doors with camera access

24/7 free wine, beer, deli and breakfast foods

Nice outdoor patio in rear for visiting

And amble seating in hotel

And free wi/fi computers

Rooms available overlooking las Ramblas

...with balconies which we loved watching

action and avtivities on las Ramblas.

If you want a reasonably priced hotel

In the middle of everything.

And remember It's not the up scale of its sister

and like others.

Then it could be for you.

We have spent time both before a cruise and after at The Jazz. We have done this twice now.It is a block off the Ramblas, very modern, clean, business class hotel. The rooms are large and the bathrooms very modern. It was a great find from cruise critic .

A number of very nice hotels have been recommended, and I don't think you will go wrong with any. Keep in mind when you book one, though, as to what you intend to do when you get there. Barcelona does have a decent Metro, and taxi's are plentiful but not trivial in cost. Staying at a hotel on/near La Rambla will give you plenty of things to do nearby, but likely mean a taxi or metro ride to get to the beach (including any of the wonderful seaside restaurants and bars). So something near a metro station or shorter taxi ride might be desirable. Park Guell is not walkable at all, so there is either a decent cost taxi ride (both ways), or the metro. Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia is also not close to La Rambla, and Casa Batlló is a couple of blocks north of La Rambla (slightly uphill), effectively meaning a taxi if you stay on the south end (and maybe even if you stay on the north end).

I do like the Jazz as I think it is the most cost effective hotel. Decent location, (a little over a block away from Plaza Catalunya), nice modern comfortable rooms (I think someone mentioned a good "Business Class", to which I would agree), good view from the rooftop pool/bar, internet, breakfast buffet, hotel bar (though small). Basically good value, and I don't think you will be disappointed.

The 1898, is also a wonderful hotel. Also a nice rooftop pool and bar that is a really nice place to have a glass of wine and tapas at the end of the day (though, keep in mind you can do this even if you stay at another hotel). Exit the hotel, and you are on La Rambla (not far from a Metro station) with a number of nice venues nearby. It is a updated-modern colonial style hotel (restaurant on the premises), on the higher end price, but (IMO) probably worth the extra cost.

Hotel Baques and Hotel Montecarlo are also very nice hotels, but IMHO, if you are going to pay that price, why not stay at the 1898 (unless there is no availability).

One that hasn't been mentioned, is the W. Right on the beach, and if you can get high enough in the tower, you cannot beat the view. Fairly expensive, but the suites and amenities are wonderful. A quick note, though, that there is a nude area just up the beach to the northeast, so if you are bringing children and walking the beach, be prepared for the "talk" (though, this is Europe, so there could be a fair amount of toplessness on any beach). Hotel Arts is on the "other" side of this beach stretch, and is also nice, but not really near anything but the beach and seaside restaurants (though, for a relaxing stay that focuses on cuisine, this might be a reasonable choice).

we are staying at the husa orient on las ramblas, its the one the cruise ship has people stay at though we booked it cheaper through husa site including breakfast. and there is 3 of us. there is suppose to be a bus that comes from the airport to basically just outside the door of the hotel, and the $2(euro) buses to the port are right there also, heard all good things about it

Archived