mini fridges on Sunshine

MooNGaTe27

I emailed the special needs dept to request a fridge for our Sunshine cabin last year. I was notified that this would not be possible. However, when we arrived, there was a fridge! This was an Interior cabin on Riviera deck, midship.

So...you can ask, and you might receive!

I emailed the special needs dept to request a fridge for our Sunshine cabin last year. I was notified that this would not be possible. However, when we arrived, there was a fridge! This was an Interior cabin on Riviera deck, midship.

So...you can ask, and you might receive!

Same. I emailed them ahead of time and was told not possible, that I would need to get a medi-cooler from guest services once onboard. I stood in line, paid a $75.00 deposit to get medi-cooler, then when we got to the cabin - fridge was there.

We have a number of balcony cabins on the sunshine on deck 6 midship do any of those rooms have a fridge or can somebody send me the link to the list of cabins that have a fridge

Thanks

Carnival Sunshine (SH) Fact Sheet

All staterooms feature: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC power outlet, individual climate control, Carnival Comfort Bed Collection, hair dryer, safe and non-stocked mini bar units (suites and staterooms on decks 3/5/7/10/11/12 and select staterooms on deck 9)

Carnival Sunshine (SH) Fact Sheet

All staterooms feature: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC power outlet, individual climate control, Carnival Comfort Bed Collection, hair dryer, safe and non-stocked mini bar units (suites and staterooms on decks 3/5/7/10/11/12 and select staterooms on deck 9)

Add deck 6 potentially to that list. We were in an interior 4J cabin on Sunshine deck 6, 3 weeks ago that had a fridge...worked pretty good too. The fridge was in the area under the desk/mirror typically where a stool sits. Seemed this a permanent addition to the cabin we were in as they ran the power cord up through the desk shelf. We had something like this couple Sunshine cruises back also. So could be a change, or they are adding more fridges. Had a 4J interior in 2013 on the Sunshine TA, no fridge

wonder why they were not added to all cabins "when they made it into a new ship"?

Because they didn't gut the ship. To put in a mini bar aka fridge, you have to have the cabinet space. If it wasn't there before, there might not have been room to add them and I am certain that much of the cabinetry remained even after her 2 month refurb from Destiny to Sunshine.

I noticed since I made my post this morning, the hyperlink I provided no longer works although it did this morning. That might suggest changes have occurred and Carnival's website was outdated (no surprise there, right??). The Carnival Gods must be reading this CC board although their PR people claim they don't. Caveat Emptor.

We almost booked a cruise on Sunshine but ended up going on another ship. The cabins we were thinking about booking were both balconies & had no mini fridge. I always use the goccl site to be sure our balconies can be opened to each other - on that site it will tell you what all is in the cabin. Since it is the site that travel agents use, I would hope that it would be up to date. I suppose you could also check the cabin thread to see if anyone has posted info about the cabin you are thinking of booking. For those of you who have been on Sunshine, please go to the cabin thread & give info on the cabin.